Author Topic: Tree aphids  (Read 4349 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Tree aphids
« on: September 15, 2013, 08:50:50 PM »
Anyone got an inexpensive treatment for aphids?  I have a couple of nasty hackberry trees next to the driveway and there is honeydew from the aphids all over my cars.  I found a once-a-year insecticide called Drench.

The active chemical is similar to nicotine, which was another aphid remedy I heard of years ago, but tobacco is f'n expensive these days.

Home Depot has something else called Imidacloprid.

I'll take a picture of one of my cars and show you what three months of aphid poop looks like.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 08:54:54 PM by Chris_ »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
Re: Tree aphids
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 09:40:36 PM »
My first reaction involves mohammed and the mountain. Is there any chance you can move the mountain ?
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 09:46:37 PM »
I'd rather just throw a stick of dynamite at them.

Last year was fine.  Not sure what's going on this summer.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline biersmythe

• Molon Labe
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 10:00:00 PM »
I cut down all my Hackberry trees cause they suck.....they will drop limbs on your car (they did with my truck) and they are all around shit trees. If it was an oak they would have stayed cause they aren't shit trees.
Teach a man to build a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life!!!!

Knowledge is half the battle.
The other half is violence!

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

The box said: "Requires Windows XP or better." So i installed Linux.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 10:04:00 PM »
I cut down all my Hackberry trees cause they suck.....they will drop limbs on your car (they did with my truck) and they are all around shit trees. If it was an oak they would have stayed cause they aren't shit trees.
I want to do that, but they're wedged between the garage and the fence with a power line running from the house to the garage.

Landscaping is at the bottom of the list at this point.  There's about $2000 worth of plumbing upgrades that need to be done.  Maybe the next summer won't be so bad with the severely cold weather this winter.  Last winter was very mild.

Offline biersmythe

• Molon Labe
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2014, 10:10:59 PM »
I feel ya bubba. I had no choice the trees at my property were going to end up in my house, so I had a guy come in and get rid of them.
Teach a man to build a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life!!!!

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2014, 10:12:01 PM »
If I can get all three cut down for a couple grand, I'd probably do it.  Anything more and I'll set them on fire myself.

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2014, 11:31:36 PM »
If I can get all three cut down for a couple grand, I'd probably do it.  Anything more and I'll set them on fire myself.
Is the wood worth anything or useful for anything ?
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2014, 11:34:35 PM »
Is the wood worth anything or useful for anything ?
Absolutely not.

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2014, 11:36:27 PM »
Absolutely not.
Fiddlesticks !
Not even for that ?

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2014, 11:44:38 PM »
I'd rather just throw a stick of dynamite at them.

Last year was fine.  Not sure what's going on this summer.

Recommend you move your cars first.

Offline biersmythe

• Molon Labe
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2014, 11:45:49 PM »
Recommend you move your cars first.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: