Author Topic: Vertical Garden  (Read 4392 times)

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
Vertical Garden
« on: April 22, 2012, 11:54:59 PM »
I have seen the commercial on TV from Home Depot where they made a vertical garden. I have to make one...rather, my husband is going to make one.

LINK

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
Re: Vertical Garden
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 06:51:40 AM »
I have seen those, and love them!  I wonder how to keep them moist enough. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 04:14:58 PM »
I saw a couple of shows on HGTV that did those! They are so cool.

I think one was on Indoors Out and the other one was the designer guy who does incredible room type designs outside. Not Yard Crashers. Jamie something I think - he's from Australia.

You can probably go to HGTV and find the shows. They were pretty specific on how to do them. The ones I saw had bubblers in various places on the wall to water them....these were done as walls for privacy. 
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 04:21:57 PM »
 :thatsright:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 05:31:42 PM »
They have drip irrigation tots. Either you can hook it up to water and use a timer or use PVC pipe and make channels. You pore water in the top and it waters all the plants through the tubes stuck in the PVC.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 05:32:17 PM »
:thatsright:

What?  You aren't handy enough to build one?

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 09:27:22 PM »
They have drip irrigation tots. Either you can hook it up to water and use a timer or use PVC pipe and make channels. You pore water in the top and it waters all the plants through the tubes stuck in the PVC.

Verrry Interesting.........
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Wineslob

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 09:58:07 AM »
What?  You aren't handy enough to build one?

More than handy. You have to understand, my wife won't water anything (plus we are metered). She'd rather call me at work to tell me the plants are withering and I'll have to water them, when I get home from work. She WON'T do it, "it's too hot outside", she says.  :banghead:

We live in a dry shade area and the outside temps can hit 105+ during the day(summer), and sometimes we get an inversion layer so that it'll be 90 at midnight.   :panic:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 10:19:59 AM »

More than handy. You have to understand, my wife won't water anything (plus we are metered). She'd rather call me at work to tell me the plants are withering and I'll have to water them, when I get home from work. She WON'T do it, "it's too hot outside", she says.  :banghead:

We live in a dry shade area and the outside temps can hit 105+ during the day(summer), and sometimes we get an inversion layer so that it'll be 90 at midnight.   :panic:

Put cactus in it. (I always have an answer).

Offline Karin

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 10:38:14 AM »
Those pictures are awesome!  I don't think I have a good place for one for myself, but would love to see pictures of anything you guys might try. 

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2012, 10:41:23 AM »
Those pictures are awesome!  I don't think I have a good place for one for myself, but would love to see pictures of anything you guys might try. 

I'm thinking of putting one in our outside entry area. There is a rather large stone wall (it is shaded) that it would be perfect for.

Offline Karin

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2012, 10:56:35 AM »
That would be perfect, and very striking. 

Now you're making me sit here and pine away, listening to cold driving rain hit the window.  :bawl:

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2012, 11:03:00 AM »
That would be perfect, and very striking. 

Now you're making me sit here and pine away, listening to cold driving rain hit the window.  :bawl:

We should have a contest or challenge rather. Have everyone who would be interest in making one take pictures of the process of making one then post their finished project for all to see. We should do this on other things too.

We could have a forum called "I challenge you" or something (under the hobby forum title).  Not a "look I'm better at this than you" type of thing but rather a "let's see us created cool things" kind of thing.  It would be fun.

Offline Wineslob

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2012, 02:47:29 PM »
Put cactus in it. (I always have an answer).

Not enough sun, plus that would hurt.     :-)

Oh, backyard, midday:

too much shade.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 02:53:51 PM by Wineslob »

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2012, 04:03:15 PM »
Not enough sun, plus that would hurt.     :-)

Oh, backyard, midday:

too much shade.

Perfect yard for a pond. DO IT!

Offline Wineslob

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2012, 04:12:16 PM »
Heh, I'll put up a photo of the "spot", it's better.

Oh, remember, we have to buy our water. I want to put in a decent sized pond, but filling it......... :panic: