Author Topic: Vector Smart Battery Charger 1089  (Read 2604 times)

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
Vector Smart Battery Charger 1089
« on: October 17, 2009, 02:51:04 PM »
Does anyone own or ever used a Vector Smart Battery Charger.  I find the instructions somewhat confusing but I think I am getting this isn't the thing the tow truck guy brings out when one's battery is dead but needs to be plugged in to charge.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
Re: Vector Smart Battery Charger 1089
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 03:12:51 PM »
That needs to be charged up before you can use it. It should do jump starts once it's charged up.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Duke Nukum

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 03:47:38 PM »
That needs to be charged up before you can use it. It should do jump starts once it's charged up.
Thanks.  This is the thing that is so confusing to me because I would think the first step in the directions are to charge the battery charger but that is not the case.  When it is plugged in, it has little led's that appear to go in circles.  I bought it last fall and plugged it in for some hours and it never seemed to charge, just the little circles going around.

My girlfriend's roomate has a AAA if I can't get this thing to work but I paid $60 for it so I am going to give it a try first.  It's kind of funny, all the things I seem to need to do today revolve around my girlfried.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 03:48:59 AM »
Does anyone own or ever used a Vector Smart Battery Charger.  I find the instructions somewhat confusing but I think I am getting this isn't the thing the tow truck guy brings out when one's battery is dead but needs to be plugged in to charge.

Is it a battery charger or a "jump box" for jump starting?

Does it look something like this?

If it does, you don't want to plug it in, unless it's attached to a battery to charge.

Offline Duke Nukum

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 12:39:45 PM »
Is it a battery charger or a "jump box" for jump starting?

Does it look something like this?

If it does, you don't want to plug it in, unless it's attached to a battery to charge.
That is it exactly.  Hope I didn't break it by having it plugged in for all those hours last year.  I really wish they had a video showing how to use it.
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Duke Nukum

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 03:28:06 PM »
Victory is mine!  Ended up calling a Checker Auto Parts store to ask them what to set the battery type to.  Weird how you can't even find stuff online about this stuff.  If I had a camera I would make my own YouTube videos.
― Homer, The Odyssey