Author Topic: On banning Tik Tok  (Read 181 times)

Offline CC27

On banning Tik Tok
« on: April 24, 2024, 08:55:32 AM »
edhopper

On banning Tik Tok
which I support because it is mainly a data mining app for the Chinese Government which also has videos.

Do people really think Silicon Valley is incapable of coming up with a video sharing app to replace it?

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100218890717

DUmmies love banning stuff

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: On banning Tik Tok
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2024, 09:01:44 AM »
FBI Director Christopher Wray: “TikTok, for us, represents a national security concern.”

In the meanwhile, this dimwit is not pushing Dementia Joe to close the border where actual terrorists walk into the U.S.

Wray's words are a bunch of baloney.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2024, 11:18:31 AM »
I'm torn.  TikTok is at least collecting and feeding tons of data directly to the Chicoms, including things like location data and images from government employee phones, including when they are in secure locations with said phones that have the app installed.  At worst it's a Chicom psyop, dumbing down Americans (especially da youts) and spreading misinformation.  However, banning apps is not easy, and it's very debatable if the feds have the Constitutional power to even try. 

However, Fed employees, especially military, should absolutely be banned from having the app on any official device, and can probably be told to leave their personal devices with the app at home, away from any government building/worksite/ect. 

Should Congress be focusing more on other things?  Yes they should.  Is this app an issue that needs to be looked at?  Yes it is, again, particularly on government devices and in government facilities.   
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2024, 07:09:04 PM »
I'm torn.  TikTok is at least collecting and feeding tons of data directly to the Chicoms, including things like location data and images from government employee phones, including when they are in secure locations with said phones that have the app installed.  At worst it's a Chicom psyop, dumbing down Americans (especially da youts) and spreading misinformation.  However, banning apps is not easy, and it's very debatable if the feds have the Constitutional power to even try. 

However, Fed employees, especially military, should absolutely be banned from having the app on any official device, and can probably be told to leave their personal devices with the app at home, away from any government building/worksite/ect. 

Should Congress be focusing more on other things?  Yes they should.  Is this app an issue that needs to be looked at?  Yes it is, again, particularly on government devices and in government facilities.

Yet none of those are the reason that certain parts of our government want it banned.

They want it banned because unlike facebook and the like, it is beyond their control.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2024, 07:44:41 PM »
Yet none of those are the reason that certain parts of our government want it banned.

They want it banned because unlike facebook and the like, it is beyond their control.

Actually they wanted the ban because there's a tiny little clause in the legislation that says they can do it to any other website that "raises similar concerns".

It was no more than allowing the camel's nose in under the tent wall.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2024, 08:08:22 PM »
FBI Director Christopher Wray: “TikTok, for us, represents a national security concern.”

In the meanwhile, this dimwit is not pushing Dementia Joe to close the border where actual terrorists walk into the U.S.

Wray's words are a bunch of baloney.

Can he be any MORE of a flower-girl for Biden?

Online FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #6 on: Today at 06:07:33 AM »
Tic Tok is one of the leading causes of the stupifying of America, particularly the young people. Ban it.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.