Author Topic: If only we could just snap our fingers and go back to "normal"...  (Read 364 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
kentuck (104,136 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216288145

If only we could just snap our fingers and go back to "normal"...it would be wonderful.

Not unlike Pavlov's dog, it will take a little time to return to "normal".

Once we realize that Covid is not a "political" problem, it is a medical problem. An epidemical transition problem.

It is good that we have gotten over 200 million vaccinated and that many people did everything they could to prevent the spread of the pandemic. They wore masks. They closed businesses. A whole new economy was created. But now, people want to return to "normal".

People are beginning to accept the Covid as something similar to the flu, endemic and very serious. Also, many Americans that did not take the vaccine caught the Covid. Along with the 200 million that have been vaccinated, those with natural immunity, lessen the threat with the numbers over-all.

In my opinion, this may be the direction we are going in the next few days and weeks? Contrary to the continued seriousness of the virus, with more than 850,000 dead from the disease, and 2000 per day still dying, many people want very much to return to "normal".

This is just my opinion.

:yawn:

Star Member gab13by13 (7,092 posts)

1. Meh, the only thing that is real, that exists,

is the present moment. I does no good to dwell on the past (it isn't real) or worry about the future. We can learn from the past and plan for the future but the answer for me is to live in the present moment.

:mental:

3. Ekhart Tolle wrote some very inspirational books

that people should read in today's day and age. He is known for writing "The Power of Now" but he has written several other books almost as good.

I read a lot of Buddhist books also.

I was upset about an event that happened decades ago, it really bugged me, but after reading his books I have let it go, it isn't real, it's just my ego trying to control me.

Short story; 2 monks walking down a muddy road come upon a woman trying to decide how to cross the road without getting muddy. One of the monks picks her up and carries her across the muddy road. The 2 monks walk a mile down the road when one of the monks says, you know we Buddhists are not supposed to do that. The other monk replies, I put that woman down a mile ago but you are still carrying her.

:whatever:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: If only we could just snap our fingers and go back to "normal"...
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2022, 09:43:55 AM »
kentuck (104,136 posts)

If only we could just snap our fingers and go back to "normal"...it would be wonderful.

yeah, anything prior to Jan 20, 2021 would be fine with me....
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2022, 10:13:04 AM »
:yawn:

:mental:

:whatever:

I don't have to snap my fingers to go back to normal. I've been normal all along. No vax, no mask, no sick.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2022, 10:24:13 AM »
Once we realize that Covid is not a "political" problem, it is a medical problem. An epidemical transition problem.

Oh, but you're wrong; there is a political problem here. The political class does not want COVID to go away, they do want to relinquish the power they've gained from the pandemic. They want you to think they can vaccinate, mandate, and mask a coronavirus into virtual non-existence, and they blame the unvaccinated, those against the mandates, and the "science deniers" for the fact that they cannot do so.

It's a classic divide and conquer tactic, and some don't see it.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2022, 10:42:36 AM »
kentuck (104,136 posts)

Not unlike Pavlov's dog, it will take a little time to return to "normal".

It is good that we have gotten over 200 million vaccinated and that many people did everything they could to prevent the spread of the pandemic. They wore masks. They closed businesses. A whole new economy was created. But now, people want to return to "normal".

People are beginning to accept the Covid as something similar to the flu, endemic and very serious. Also, many Americans that did not take the vaccine caught the Covid. Along with the 200 million that have been vaccinated, those with natural immunity, lessen the threat with the numbers over-all.

In my opinion, this may be the direction we are going in the next few days and weeks? Contrary to the continued seriousness of the virus, with more than 850,000 dead from the disease, and 2000 per day still dying, many people want very much to return to "normal".

This is just my opinion.

Did no one call him out on that?  I've never seen any of them recognize natural immunities.  They all say you MUST be vaccinated no matter if you survived the disease or not.

That's part of the control, and what is bothering a lot of folks who don't want the shot.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2022, 10:54:05 AM »

3. Ekhart Tolle wrote some very inspirational books

that people should read in today's day and age. He is known for writing "The Power of Now" but he has written several other books almost as good.

I read a lot of Buddhist books also.

I was upset about an event that happened decades ago, it really bugged me, but after reading his books I have let it go, it isn't real, it's just my ego trying to control me.

Short story; 2 monks walking down a muddy road come upon a woman trying to decide how to cross the road without getting muddy. One of the monks picks her up and carries her across the muddy road. The 2 monks walk a mile down the road when one of the monks says, you know we Buddhists are not supposed to do that. The other monk replies, I put that woman down a mile ago but you are still carrying her.

To which the first monk replied "when you can snatch this pebble from my hand then you can proceed to give me some lip bitch" and then gave the second monk a chop to the neck and leg sweep.  :whatever:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2022, 11:33:04 AM »
How did we get back to normal from Ebola?  Bird Flu?  Oh, yeah, ignored them cause there was a democrat in the White House. 

Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2022, 02:41:35 PM »
yeah, anything prior to Jan 20, 2021 would be fine with me....

Actually, anything prior to January 2020 would be fine with me. The coronavirus was still in China and we had the best economy we've ever had. Gas prices were reasonable, we could go anywhere and do anything we wanted without needing to show our "papers", nothing was cancelled, inflation was nonexistent (there was even talk of negative interest rates) and masks were only worn on Halloween.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 02:47:50 PM by Happy Fun Ball »

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2022, 04:10:23 PM »
If I were to do a "finger snap" to fix things it would be with the Infinity Glove. However, unlike Thanos, I wouldn't leave to chance as to who gets dusted. Let's just say DUmbasses would be included to a man, woman, cat in a human body or whatever else they identify as.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe