Author Topic: Millionaire Rs saying that $600-a-week in Unemployment Benefits is too generous  (Read 573 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213621778

Talk about clueless or simply being disingenuous!

stopbush
Millionaire Rs saying that $600-a-week in Unemployment Benefits is too generous

$600 a week = $31,200 a year. And it's taxable.

The Rs say it's too generous. Each Congressional R makes a minimum of $174,000 a year.

Steve Mnuchin has a reported net worth of $300-million.

Larry Kudlow has a net worth of $10-million and was making close to $1-million a year before taking a job in the maladministration.

But people who are out of work for the sole reason that tRump totally botched the COVID response, who lost their jobs due to the shutdown and who continue to lose their jobs at a clip of 1.5-million A WEEK are being given "too generous" of financial assistance with that $600 a week. Why, in some cases they're getting more money than they were getting working minimum wage.

BTW - $600/40 hours a week = $15 a hour. Isn't that what the target is for raising the minimum wage?

The House has already passed a bill extending the Fed $600-a-week benefit through the end of the year. Rs are balking, because giving people money to keep from being evicted, to put food on their tables and to take care of their families is "too generous." They prefer people be forced back to work in virus-ridden environments...because paying $16,000 a day for ICU care for a virus victim makes more sense than giving people $600 a week to stay healthy.

Rs look at workers receiving any government assistance as lazy freeloaders, when they should be looking at them as the conduit through which the Feds are pouring money into the economy to keep it from collapsing.

fleur-de-lisa
1. They're all clueless.

Hey stopbush, you do realize that is $600/week on TOP OF their normal unemployment benefit, right?  I personally know someone who made $15/hour and was laid off. He’s bringing home $1,147.00/week right now and doesn’t want to go back to work. His words to me; I’m making more money than I’ve ever made in my life and I don’t have to go to work. I hope they don’t stop this.

True story. So no, they’re not making $31k per year. This guy is dragging in just shy of $60k!

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

Hey stopbush, you do realize that is $600/week on TOP OF their normal unemployment benefit, right?  I personally know someone who made $15/hour and was laid off. He’s bringing home $1,147.00/week right now and doesn’t want to go back to work. His words to me; I’m making more money than I’ve ever made in my life and I don’t have to go to work. I hope they don’t stop this.

True story. So no, they’re not making $31k per year. This guy is dragging in just shy of $60k!

KC

If DU-KARENs met Truth walking down the street they report Truth for not wearing a mask.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline thundley4

$600 a week = $31,200 a year. And it's taxable.

And taxes aren't being withheld. I'm guessing many of these geniuses refusing to go back to work as long as the free money is coming will be in a world of hurt next April.

They don't withhold taxes on that "free money".

Offline SVPete

The Rs say it's too generous. Each Congressional R makes a minimum of $174,000 a year.

Steve Mnuchin has a reported net worth of $300-million.

Larry Kudlow has a net worth of $10-million and was making close to $1-million a year before taking a job in the maladministration.

Each Congressional D makes a minimum of $174,000 a year.

Wanna talk about Nancy Pelosi's net worth? DiFei's? Former mayor and Presidential candidate Michael Bloomberg's?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline jukin

Now if only the blue states would actually   get those UE checks out.  I'm looking at California, New York, Michigan, New Jersey... Oh well let them eat hot dogs according to democrat governor wHitler.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.