Author Topic: OET primitive wants others to take the opportunity  (Read 17265 times)

Offline Laelth

• Banned
Re: OET primitive wants others to take the opportunity
« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2011, 10:56:19 AM »
And we're still waiting for any actual evidence from you nitwits that there was any causality related to anything said or done by a conservative. Haven't heard of any such evidence from the FBI, so if you have it I'm sure they'd appreciate you getting in contact with them. Some mention of Palin, Beck, et al, from the perpetrator? Books or videos by them in his possession? E-mails to them on his hard drive? Some quote from them showing up in his YouTube rants? A Rush Limbaugh necktie in his closet? Anything?

I have no such evidence, but that's not the point.  Even if I had such evidence, it would not be relevant to the point I am making in this essay.  So far, this is as much as I have said on the subject of Loughner's motivations:

"In all fairness to people on all sides of this issue, let me remark that it is entirely reasonable to assume a political motivation when a politician is killed.  It is also entirely reasonable to assume that the killer comes from the opposite end of the political spectrum.  Those are natural assumptions.

It is equally fair to say that we know nothing about the killer(s) motivations in this case, and well, we all know what usually happens when people assume things."

As I said above, Loughner's "true motivations" are not relevant for the purpose of this essay.  As a result of this tragedy, politicians and pundits on the right do have an opportunity to reign in violent rhetoric in this country, and I am inviting them to take it.

-Laelth
We are all in this boat together.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2011, 10:59:24 AM »

As I said above, Loughner's "true motivations" are not relevant for the purpose of this essay.  As a result of this tragedy, politicians and pundits on the right do have an opportunity to reign in violent rhetoric in this country, and I am inviting them to take it.

-Laelth

Yeah...it's not about the facts, it's about what you want it to be.

****ing piece of shit.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Laelth

• Banned
« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2011, 11:00:30 AM »
Read the news instead of running your mouth,there was also a Republican Federal judge killed.

From what I've seen, and please point me to your evidence if you have any, the Judge was not the target of the assassination attempt.  I could be wrong about that, of course, but it appears Giffords was the intended target.

-Laelth

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2011, 11:02:19 AM »
I have no such evidence, but that's not the point.  Even if I had such evidence, it would not be relevant to the point I am making in this essay.  So far, this is as much as I have said on the subject of Loughner's motivations:

"In all fairness to people on all sides of this issue, let me remark that it is entirely reasonable to assume a political motivation when a politician is killed.  It is also entirely reasonable to assume that the killer comes from the opposite end of the political spectrum.  Those are natural assumptions.

It is equally fair to say that we know nothing about the killer(s) motivations in this case, and well, we all know what usually happens when people assume things."

-Laelth

Then all you are doing is using and event,in this case a monstrous crime and horrible tragedy ro somehow chill speech you consider politically effective against your cause and goals.

The method of dictators and despots.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #79 on: January 11, 2011, 11:06:18 AM »
Then all you are doing is using and event,in this case a monstrous crime and horrible tragedy ro somehow chill speech you consider politically effective against your cause and goals.

The method of dictators and despots.

Once again a Lib practicing the "do as I say not as I do" brand of politics/debate/discussion/way of life.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #80 on: January 11, 2011, 11:07:40 AM »
From what I've seen, and please point me to your evidence if you have any, the Judge was not the target of the assassination attempt.  I could be wrong about that, of course, but it appears Giffords was the intended target.

-Laelth

And your evidence for this is what?

Oh yeah,the fact that he harassed her in 2007 before anyone heard of Sarah Palin.
In other words more actual evidence no one on the right influenced him but hey why let little inconveniences like that get in the way of an agenda.

One more thing,you have been called out to fight club and it is strongly advised you go.
We all want to see you make an argument on your own,without the audience you crave.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #81 on: January 11, 2011, 11:21:25 AM »

-Laelth

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,53847.msg605346.html#new
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Godot showed up

« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2011, 11:23:07 AM »
So Laleth, when are you going to call for Obama--you know, the actual President of the United States--going to abase himself for his use of the knife/gun metaphor? And for calling for some political groups to "punish your enemies"? Looks like someone brought the gun, per spec. And punished.

Offline Godot showed up

« Reply #83 on: January 11, 2011, 11:28:12 AM »
Kudos for a rational, objective assessment.

In all fairness, though, to the extent I am "pointing fingers" in the essay above, I am not pointing exclusively at the right.  I freely admit that lots of people are complicit here, and I am inviting the right to condemn violent rhetoric from any source--right or left or middle.  The source does not matter to me.

-Laelth

You have no basis AT ALL to point fingers at the right. None. There is, though, considerable basis to point fingers at the left. YOU need to defend YOURSELF and the left; the right has nothing to apologize for or defend, nothing.

Offline The Hollywood NeoCon

• Visionary, Sage, Drunkard, Screenwriter
  • "For God & Country: Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo"
« Reply #84 on: January 11, 2011, 11:30:07 AM »

-Laelth

You are, madam, without question, the most disingenuous person I have ever encountered.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #85 on: January 11, 2011, 11:30:38 AM »
The essay clearly states that this problem is not confined to the right.  That said, and I apologize for using your particular response as an example because you're not the only one who has made this argument, but your post exemplifies the "childish defensiveness" I describe in the essay.

Bullshit.  

Your main thrust has been that the left should say nothing and the right should condemn the violent rhetoric.  We have shown you, over and over again, of how the left incites this type of behavior frequently.  

Yet, you want them to remain silent while the right must condemn.  

Uh, no!

My point is that you have no right, whatsoever, to demand any such thing until you can turn around and ensure the leftist filth you associate yourself with are clean first.  You, as a leftist, have zero authority to demand any such thing until you fix your own.

These are the kinds of things my children say when they've been busted for inappropriate behavior:

"He started it!"

"He did it first!"

"He did it too!"

If one of my children breaks a lamp, I'll be damned that the guilty be allowed to demand the innocent apologize for it.

For the benefit of our country--the one you think you own

I spent 22 years of my life defending it, you are *******ed right I own it.  I, and many others on here, swore an oath to the Constitution that we protected with our lives.  We paid for it, we own it.

the one you may think I have no right to live in

Live in, yes.  Remake into a Euro shitpile, no.

the one you may think I am trying to destroy, despite the fact that I live here too and am deeply invested in it

You're a leftist.  Not only are you a leftist, but you are a leftist who is still spouting a leftist propaganda meme that has been clearly shot full of holes which means you are a dedicated leftist.

Honestly, there is not other conclusion other than you want to destroy the country as it was founded.

--for the sake of that country, whose Constiution I took an oath to defend

Unless it involved a uniform and a tour of duty, spare me the hysteronics; I don't want to hear it.

I am trying to sugget to politicians and pundits on the right that they have an opportunity to do the right thing, here, and I am inviting them to take that opportunity.  Whether they take this opportunity will say a lot about them.

No, what you are wanting is for them to laterally admit culpability.  
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #86 on: January 11, 2011, 11:33:34 AM »
No one over there seems to be the least bit concerned that a conservative judge was killed...shocking, I know.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Godot showed up

« Reply #87 on: January 11, 2011, 11:33:55 AM »

-Laelth

The left has the same opportunity, and more reason to avail themselves of it.

Offline dandi

« Reply #88 on: January 11, 2011, 11:34:27 AM »

-Laelth

Nope. Unless Loughner's behavior can somehow be shown as directly tied to this speech you rail against, he is completely tangential to the discussion.

It's the equivalent to pointing at an auto accident caused by someone speeding but sober and using it as a example of why tougher drunk driving laws are needed. It's specious.

You're not fooling anyone. By constantly invoking the image of the Congresswoman's murder in the context of calling for restrictions on speech you are directly trying to imply causality, bypassing evidence, and plant that image in everyone's mind. It's a cheap trick, and shallow, but like I said, you're fooling no one.

Offline Godot showed up

« Reply #89 on: January 11, 2011, 11:38:52 AM »
She's run off. Like all libs, no real guts. No real brains, either.

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2011, 11:40:42 AM »
Your hypocrisy is absolutely stunning!  You are an active member on one of the most hateful sites on the Internet, Democratic Underground.

Your DU stats:

Member since    Oct 16th 2004
Number of posts    11515
Gender    male
City    Macon
State    GA
Country    USA
Hobby    gardening, masonry, and making the world a better place
Comment    Laelth is a licensed, Georgia attorney. He took an oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States, and he meant it.

Your astonishing refusal to see and admit the fact that DU and other Left Wing sites incites, admires and gives credibility to hate filled, violent political rhetoric and has been actively fanning the flames for 10 years does not speak to your ability to critically, objectively observe evidence.   I do hope that you screen potential clients for political affiliations before you take their money for representation.  To attempt representation of a politically conservative client would hardly be fair.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2011, 11:43:32 AM »
Bullshit.  

Your main thrust has been that the left should say nothing and the right should condemn the violent rhetoric.  We have shown you, over and over again, of how the left incites this type of behavior frequently.  

Yet, you want them to remain silent while the right must condemn.  

Uh, no!

My point is that you have no right, whatsoever, to demand any such thing until you can turn around and ensure the leftist filth you associate yourself with are clean first.  You, as a leftist, have zero authority to demand any such thing until you fix your own.

If one of my children breaks a lamp, I'll be damned that the guilty be allowed to demand the innocent apologize for it.

I spent 22 years of my life defending it, you are *******ed right I own it.  I, and many others on here, swore an oath to the Constitution that we protected with our lives.  We paid for it, we own it.

Live in, yes.  Remake into a Euro shitpile, no.

You're a leftist.  Not only are you a leftist, but you are a leftist who is still spouting a leftist propaganda meme that has been clearly shot full of holes which means you are a dedicated leftist.

Honestly, there is not other conclusion other than you want to destroy the country as it was founded.

Unless it involved a uniform and a tour of duty, spare me the hysteronics; I don't want to hear it.

No, what you are wanting is for them to laterally admit culpability.  

IMHO...post of the day.

Well done sir.

Offline Laelth

• Banned
« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2011, 11:45:20 AM »
I've got a bone to pick with you...you double talking feather merchant.

I have never said this problem was confined to the right.  Try all you want, you won't find that argument from me.

What I have said is that politicians and pundits on the right have a golden opportunity to do something about it.  We'll see how they respond.

-Laelth

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2011, 11:47:23 AM »
I have never said this problem was confined to the right.  Try all you want, you won't find that argument from me.

What I have said is that politicians and pundits on the right have a golden opportunity to do something about it.  We'll see how they respond.

-Laelth

If you want to discuss...follow the link.  I'm not going to help you swell your ego in front of the lurking asshats you've brought over from OET.

« Reply #94 on: January 11, 2011, 11:52:17 AM »

-Laelth

Again, most disingenuous...

We're to assume one or two things here from Laelth's statement:

1) She has such compassion for dissenting opinions, she's attempting to preserve the continuing existence of the conservative movement by pointing out how grand it would be were they to "take the lead" in showing obeisance to the administration's agenda, or

2) The left has no such need for this advice, given that they either never participate in such "hate speech," or are entitled to do so, by virtue of the inherent rightesousness of their worldview.

I see no other reason for the ridiculous wordplay she's employing here.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 11:55:11 AM by The Hollywood NeoCon »

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #95 on: January 11, 2011, 11:53:28 AM »

-Laelth

No insipid little fool and you were warned about the word games and double speak.
If the right has a reason to speak up then the left does as well.

Now either answer the points made in front of your minions or this can be tossed in fight club and we will see how much you want to carry on there away from public eyes.

End of the line for bullshit.

Offline dandi

« Reply #96 on: January 11, 2011, 11:53:34 AM »
IMHO...post of the day.

Well done sir.

Thank you, Staff Sergeant, that is high praise indeed.

« Reply #97 on: January 11, 2011, 11:53:43 AM »

If you want to discuss...follow the link.  I'm not going to help you swell your ego in front of the lurking asshats you've brought over from OET.

Perhaps the solution would be to move this entire thread over the FC, TRG

Offline Godot showed up

« Reply #98 on: January 11, 2011, 11:55:22 AM »

-Laelth

And as I said, the left has the exact same opportunity, if we grant your unwarranted/non-evidence-backed assumption that political rhetoric is somehow behind Loughner's rampage. You are saying that the right has some greater onus. Care to explain that?

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #99 on: January 11, 2011, 11:55:46 AM »
Perhaps the solution would be to move this entire thread over the FC, TRG

Mods?