Author Topic: Fountainhead  (Read 2515 times)

Offline Alpha Mare

Fountainhead
« on: October 06, 2009, 11:20:50 PM »
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Re: Fountainhead
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 11:46:42 PM »
What a weird quiz.  I think I read the Fountainhead once (or maybe twice), but I can't remember a thing about it and the quiz results aren't ringing any bells.
You are much like Catherine Halsey. In a state of disarray, you are meek and selfless. "She stood before him, too small, too thin for her clothes. The short black skirt flared out from the slim band of her waist; the boyish shirt collar hung loosely, pulled to one side, revealing the know of a thin collarbone; the sleeves were too long over the fragile hands."
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Alpha Mare

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 12:13:38 AM »
I got Howard Roark. You are much like Howard Roark. Nothing touches you. "I often think that he's the only one of us who's achieved immortality. I don't mean in the sense of fame and I don't mean that he won't die some day. But he's living it. I think he is what the conception really means."

I'm immortal!   :yahoo:

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston

Offline Flame

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 08:05:08 AM »
You know, I've tried reading Fountain Head...got about 1/3 of the way through and just couldn't force myself to continue.  I liked Anthem, though.

(And Catherine was the one rich kid's girlfriend that he saw only when it was convenient for him, and was basically a doormant....at least as far as I got in the book...she might have grown a spine later).