Author Topic: Utility workers pelted with eggs after Bridgeport, Conn. mayor blasts provider  (Read 641 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Utility workers pelted with eggs after Bridgeport, Conn. mayor blasts provider

Angry residents pelted utility crews with eggs as they tried to restore power in Bridgeport, Conn., after the mayor claimed the local power company had "shortchanged" the state's largest city as it tries to recover from superstorm Sandy.

United Illuminating workers reported eggs and other objects being thrown at them a day after Mayor Bill Finch said the utility was taking care of wealthy suburbs while his constituents suffered. The unrest caused United Illuminating to pull its workers out until the city agreed to provide police protection.

"Citizens began throwing things at the crews," Michael West, a spokesman for United Illuminating, told FoxNews.com. "It started to get pretty hairy. They did not feel safe."

West said it started with verbal abuse and escalated.
Fox News

Another "community organizer".
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Dori

I knew a guy who used to be a telephone lineman.  He quit working in East L.A., when  someone tried to shoot at him while he was up on the pole. 
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline Karin

Oh my God, Bridgeport is gawd-awful.  When I was job-seeking, all Bridgeport items were crossed off the list.  A deep blue hellhole.  And now they won't have power for even longer.  If ever.  People never think of consequences.  What happens in square 2?  Duh.  They get what they deserve.

I've lived through two natural disasters with aftermath like this.  Utility crews?  You treat them like old pals, hale well met.    

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Superstorm Sandy?

:whatever:

I know hurricanes aren't a lot of fun but you can hardly call Sandy a "superstorm."

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
**** 'em, let 'em shiver.
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
I guess the folks there never figured out the old Navy adage of never ****ing with the corpsman, the cook, or the pay clerk.

Change jobs to fit as necessary.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline ColonelCarrots

I guess the situation... egg-scalated into a bigger problem

Offline Jasonw560

• Is a Juke Box
  • PhD from Sarcastic State
The idiot has tweeted "Please be kind to to the United Illuminated workers"
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
-Aristotle

"Metaphors needn't be explained to educated people"-Ted
Nugent

"Life ain't fair. Get over it or wear a helmet" -diesel driver

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Libs say conservatives should not be allowed to use government services during crises.

Libs should refrain from anything produced or provided by the private sector.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline mickBelker

• Probationary (Probie)
A dog will bite the hand that feeds it, too. Oh, wait. Is that a racist comment? </snark>

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
So these people are throwing FOOD at people trying to turn their ELECTRICITY back on?  They can't be that starved...
You may call me Jessica or Jess.