Author Topic: WOULD EVERYONE PLEASE WAKE THE F**K UP BEFORE WE ATTACK IRAN.  (Read 1121 times)

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3011452

Cyrano  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Mar-14-08 09:29 PM
Original message
WOULD EVERYONE PLEASE WAKE THE **** UP BEFORE WE ATTACK IRAN.

Advertisements [?]
Edited on Fri Mar-14-08 10:03 PM by Cyrano
I did an earlier post that died. And many Iranians may soon join that post.

Admiral Fallon was fired because he was vehemently against attacking Iran and doing everything he could to block it.

Darth Cheney just paid a visit to the middle east.(To firm up plans? Who knows?)

Scott Ridder has warned that this is on the BushCo agenda. He warned us about Iraq, but no one listened.

We've heard the Iran rumors for years, but we now have a presidential election eight months away. What better way to make Republicans look like "defenders of the free world against middle east nuclear weapons" than to bomb the shit out of "brown skinned Iranian 'terrorists'?"

And why would Bush & Co. worry that they'll get caught lying about it when they control the MSM, have the Dems in congress cowering in the corner sucking their thumbs, and have an American public that would buy gas at $4 plus a gallon and doing nothing but mumbling about it?

We've been so, so ****ed for seven years now. And Iran is now in the crosshairs of these maniacs.

Yeah, I know. What the Hell can we do to stop it? I wish I had the answer. But I do recall the word impeachment. (Keep it "off the table," Nancy, while we watch more untold tens of thousands die. You too have blood on your hands.)

Refresh | 33 Recommendations    Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top
And untold millions will die if iran gets the nuclear bomb and hands it off to hamas or hezbollah or al queda.

sicksicksick_N_tired  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Mar-14-08 10:56 PM
Response to Reply #3
42. Without "support",...those drums will be no more than practice bands in the streets.

The CONCERN is,...what is left from this WAR-AND-PROFIT REGIME.

I doubt the profiteering regime will push into Iran, at this point. IT HAS MAXIMIZED ALL PROFITS,...a windfall,...without any consequence. They will glee-fully bow out to the Democrat bustin' butt to FIX their mess.

In a way,...I am figuring,...

,...to TURN THE WHOLE DAMN MESS OVER TO THOSE WHO CREATED IT!

The only reason I am figuring to do so,...is because the Democrats have indicated an unwillingness to hold this administration RESPONSIBLE.

:shrug;

I imagine a "shock and awe" on the most dictatorial and criminal regime, here. But, that is a dream.
   Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

kikiek  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Mar-14-08 09:33 PM
Response to Original message
5. You're right. It is in the works. Probably before the election. No one's looking.

DS1  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Mar-14-08 10:02 PM
Response to Reply #16
23. Who do you think PUT ME TO SLEEP?

My Congressman is JOHN ****ING KERRY!

unblock  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Mar-14-08 09:36 PM
Response to Original message
8. if shrub gets us in, neither obama nor clinton will get us out

it's one thing to pull out of iraq. the verdict's in on iraq, everyone is fed up with that war.

but if they manufacture a new war on iran, we'll be right back to the usual mess that no democratic president can extricate the country from a war without confirming every idiotic stereotype the republicans have put on us when it comes to our national "defense".

QuestionAll  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Mar-14-08 10:49 PM
Response to Reply #34
39. they have missiles. they have planes they have a million soldiers.

they have well-armed insurgents in iraq. they have the civilian populace in iraq that would back them up. they have china and russia in their corner. they would have the ENTIRE WORLD (except us and israel) on their side.

our bombs would have to stop falling at some point. we'd definitely see retaliation and retribution.

and so would bush and cheney.

i'm certainly not worried about it happening- because if it's going to, there's not a DAMN thing any or all of us could do to stop or avert it.

but if you want to pull your hair out, or lose sleep over the possibility- go for it. :hi:

Cyrano  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Mar-14-08 10:12 PM
Response to Reply #21
27. Sorry, but Iran does not have the capability to avert a an attack if

BushCo decides to use "tactical nuclear weapons." No country does.

Relax? If the madmen running our country carry out this crime against humanity, I doubt very much if the rest of the world will relax.

As a matter of fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see the rest of the world turn against us. And they would be absolutely right.
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: WOULD EVERYONE PLEASE WAKE THE F**K UP BEFORE WE ATTACK IRAN.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 11:09:02 PM »
Why do they hate America so much? And even more worrisome, why do they love Iran so much more?

I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 11:15:56 PM »
Why do they hate America so much? And even more worrisome, why do they love Iran so much more?

I have no idea why they think that but it is delusional.
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 11:21:43 PM »
Let them hide their heads in the sandbox. Better people then they are stand ready to do what's right.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 12:17:57 PM by Airwolf »
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 05:58:48 AM »
Yeah, wake up.  Wouldn't want to miss the SP time 'cause you were sleeping, would ya?

:evillaugh:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.