Author Topic: DUmbass calls self "leftist agitator" and wonders why no job  (Read 1548 times)

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
DUmbass calls self "leftist agitator" and wonders why no job
« on: April 02, 2012, 03:31:43 PM »
Leftist Agitator

I am disabled, have one, going on two Masters degrees, and I can't find a job.

I have an MBA, and am currently pursuing an MS in Industrial and Labor Relations. I just got word from an office of the NLRB that my application for employment has been rejected. I've had 15 interviews between the first of the year and now, and that was the only one that proceeded to the background check stage. I have enough student loan debt to buy a house, and by the end of the year, payments on that enormous pile of debt are due. I just sent a message to the person at the NLRB who was making the hiring decision inquiring as to why I was rejected. I'm guessing that they want a non-disabled person, but good luck proving that in a court of law.

I don't have any idea how in the hell one is supposed to get ahead, even given graduate degrees. What good are degrees if nobody will ****ing hire you? Let me tell you, folks, the game is rigged, and no matter how hard you work, no matter how hard you try, even if you do all the "right" things, you still will end up making $9 - 10 an hour in a job that strips you of your dignity, and leaves you a destitute debt slave for the rest of your days.

USA! USA! USA!

Gee I wonder who the NLRB reports up to...

Little tip for you, moron: if you call yourself Leftist Agitator on the internet, odds are you're a ****ing jerk in real life. And your MBA must be from the Pyongyang Night School of Commerce if you think you need a graduate degree in Labor Relations.

Your disability is that you're stupid.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
Re: DUmbass calls self "leftist agitator" and wonders why no job
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 03:51:52 PM »
Leftist Agitator

I don't have any idea how in the hell one is supposed to get ahead, even given graduate degrees. What good are degrees if nobody will ****ing hire you?

What do you DUmmies think that the potential job market would be like if you got your way and made college free for every swinging dick that wanted to go to college?

Applicants for fields requiring a degree positions would increase tenfold. With so many applicants to choose from, the wages and benefits would drop.

As to the Agitated one, he should have started his career after receiving his BA. Continued school for his MBA while working. No way should he have two Masters, no work experience and applying for a federal position at the NLRB for Industrial and Labor Relations. They can get someone with a lesser degree and pay em less.

You're over qualified.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Karin

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 03:58:28 PM »
15 interviews.  Something came back on the background check. 

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 04:02:35 PM »
I have enough student loan debt to buy a house, and by the end of the year, payments on that enormous pile of debt are due

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but having a mountain of debt because you decided to waste your time pursuing a worthless degree does not entitle you to any job at all. 

As for your disability holding you back, I'm sorry that you are disabled, but have you ever heard of a guy named Stephen Hawking? 
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 04:03:26 PM »
Bet he would have got a job in the Bush Prosperity Years.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 04:04:07 PM »
Those damn drug tests!

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 04:06:31 PM »
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but having a mountain of debt because you decided to waste your time pursuing a worthless degree does not entitle you to any job at all. 

As for your disability holding you back, I'm sorry that you are disabled, but have you ever heard of a guy named Stephen Hawking? 
:hi5:

I seem to recall that Hawking guy has a degree or two himself, doesn't he?
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 04:07:43 PM »
Leftist Agitator

I have enough student loan debt to buy a house, and by the end of the year, payments on that enormous pile of debt are due.

Sucks to be you, DUmmie.  I have managed to eek out a comfortable existence without a college degree.  It's called having a skill that's in demand, maybe you should have thought about that instead of thinking dollars would fall into your lap once you got handed your degree.

We don't call you DUmbasses for nothing, ya know...
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline tanstaafl

• I AM the NRA. And I VOTE
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 04:13:07 PM »
Leftist Agitator

I don't have any idea how in the hell one is supposed to get ahead, even given graduate degrees. What good are degrees if nobody will ****ing hire you?

Gee, left off alligator, maybe if you had actually worked between your masters and established a solid history of reliability, knowledge and a good skill set you'd be wallowing in a federal job slot immersed with 15 holidays, 4 weeks vacation and no accountability, swimming in a pool of inflated salary as we speak.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2012, 04:16:04 PM »

Yeah - applicant is an asshole and will never shut up about politics.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2012, 04:24:19 PM »

Yeah - applicant is an asshole and will never shut up about politics.

Job I was working at a couple years back, we were so hard up for experienced pipe designers, that we actually hired one of those.  (Apparently he talked a good talk in the interview).  It took us 3 weeks, 1 fried workstation PC (he loaded up a pisspot full of viruses from a personal flash drive, in addition to the "Political Satire JPegs he brought in from home) and a substantial salary for NO work accomplished in that time, to get rid of his ass.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline RWKindaGuy

• Hiding in the hinterlands as a professional
  • One giant rightward step for mankind
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2012, 04:24:48 PM »
Those damn drug tests!

And credit checks, and arrest record, and connections with known subversive groups.  I just can't see why my background investigation went south?

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2012, 04:26:19 PM »
I wonder if they ran his email address through Google and tracked him down to DU.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline sybilll

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2012, 04:50:20 PM »
I wonder if they ran his email address through Google and tracked him down to DU.
Employers are routinely checking Facebook pages now.  If their Facebook mirrors some of the drivel posted at DU, as an employer, I wouldn't touch 'em with a 10 foot pole. 

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2012, 04:54:06 PM »
Employers are routinely checking Facebook pages now.  If their Facebook mirrors some of the drivel posted at DU, as an employer, I wouldn't touch 'em with a 10 foot pole. 
I use different email addresses for everything.  I would not mix up my work email with any of my other accounts (personal, mailing lists, junk mail).
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2012, 05:55:21 PM »
When you take so much time off from your degree programs to agitate, you begin to not look so good on a resume.

There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2012, 05:55:26 PM »
Gosh, Leftist Aggravator, do you suppose someone else with ONE master's degree and SOME experience might have actually applied for the same job?  Just a thought.

Now 'Disabled Veteran' status would've gotten you a hiring preference, if you had made the best qualified list (Fat chance you'd be a real vet with the unforged paper to prove it if you're on DU, of course), if you had made the 'Best qualified' cut.  An ordinary disability wouldn't have worked against you at all, the Feds are really pretty scrupulous about that, assuming of course you didn't say something that meant you couldn't actually work the schedule or do the travel the job required (And being a DUmmie, you are probably dumb enough to have said something exactly like that in the interview).  You either had jack shit for actual experience, your refs/past employers dimed you out as the needy whiner you are, or you shot yourself in the ass at the interview.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2012, 06:16:18 PM »
Anybody who incurs debt to pursue schooling should do a cost-benefit analysis to decide if the additional school will actually pay off.  I'm currently attending nursing school entirely on loans, with the assumption that hard work now will translate into a good salary upon graduation.  There is a reason that I didn't get a Master's degree in Medieval Studies like my medieval history teacher encouraged me to. 

Offline Karin

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2012, 08:23:12 AM »
CR, I think this is a major problem in this country and I think it's time for everyone to be brutally honest with themselves.  Nobody's doing that cost/benefit analysis and simple research before majoring in Grievances with a minor in Ferret Husbandry.  How could supposedly "smart" people be so easily hoodwinked?  People are taking out huge loans for dubious ends. 

I really can't understand how people can fail to think beyond square one.  What happens after this?  What contingencies should I plan for?  What's the worst that could happen and how can I strategize around that? 

This DUmmie got these degrees with zero real world experience.  It was just too much fun at college to pack up and leave.  Even his fellow DUmmies are saying that an MBA without experience is useless.  Agitator didn't study up on that?  And he's going to be up serious Shit Crick in a few months. 

I'm rambling, sorry, but this stuff really bothers me.  We need to smarten up about higher ed in this country. 

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2012, 09:23:12 AM »
CR, I think this is a major problem in this country and I think it's time for everyone to be brutally honest with themselves.  Nobody's doing that cost/benefit analysis and simple research before majoring in Grievances with a minor in Ferret Husbandry.  How could supposedly "smart" people be so easily hoodwinked?  People are taking out huge loans for dubious ends. 

I really can't understand how people can fail to think beyond square one.  What happens after this?  What contingencies should I plan for?  What's the worst that could happen and how can I strategize around that? 

This DUmmie got these degrees with zero real world experience.  It was just too much fun at college to pack up and leave.  Even his fellow DUmmies are saying that an MBA without experience is useless.  Agitator didn't study up on that?  And he's going to be up serious Shit Crick in a few months. 

I'm rambling, sorry, but this stuff really bothers me.  We need to smarten up about higher ed in this country. 

That's exactly how I'm going to present college to my daughter.  She'll be advised by me to major in a hard science (biology or chemistry), or in something that has useful applications in the real world (engineering comes to mind).  Sorry, lurking DUmb****s, majoring in Bitter Womyn's Studies has zero utility in the real world.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2012, 09:25:20 AM »
That's exactly how I'm going to present college to my daughter.  She'll be advised by me to major in a hard science (biology or chemistry), or in something that has useful applications in the real world (engineering comes to mind).  Sorry, lurking DUmb****s, majoring in Bitter Womyn's Studies has zero utility in the real world.
I presume by real world that excludes academia, and I would have to agree.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2012, 11:09:54 AM »
Agreed...I'll be damned if Scoobs and I are going to shell out $100-plus K for each kidlet to major in Omphaloskepsis Studies.

Let me tell you, folks, the game is rigged, and no matter how hard you work, no matter how hard you try, even if you do all the "right" things, you still will end up making $9 - 10 an hour in a job that strips you of your dignity, and leaves you a destitute debt slave for the rest of your days.

(looking at my last paystub)

$9-10 an hour, huh?  Stripped dignity, eh?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2012, 11:42:46 AM »
Someone must be forcing libs into debt.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2012, 12:22:02 PM »
Leftist Agitator

DUmbass, please, PLEASE, tell us what these degrees are?  Not Wymns Studies or Primordial Bacterial Migration or some other worthless degree?

Hell my 14 YO kid is smart enough to realize that a degree in Crime Investigataion (kind of like the CSI stuff on TV, but realizes that it AIN'T like that) and not Pup Fish Rescue will assure her one HELL of a good job.

“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2012, 12:39:03 PM »
Primordial Bacterial Migration

Actually, a degree in that (it would have to be an MS) might help in CSI work, depending on how old the "subject" is.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.