Author Topic: Did Biden authorize fighter jets to use $400K missiles to shoot down...  (Read 516 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
It appears that SharterJoe can't even authorize a shootdown of a vicious, man-eating balloon without shitting all over himself.

$400K a pop. And we're paying the bill.  :whatever:

...A Hobby Club Balloon?

It appears that one of the objects President Joe Biden authorized fighter jets to shoot down last week may have been nothing more than a hobby club's balloon.

While the government has not confirmed what pilots downed over the Yukon in northern Canada, the Northern Illinois Bottlecap Balloon Brigade said one of its balloons is "missing in action." That balloon was last seen off the coast of Alaska last Saturday morning.

The trajectory of the balloon's flight tracks with the object that a U.S. Air Force F-22 shot down on Saturday using a AIM-9X Sidewinder missile. Each missile costs more than $400,000.

\u201cAs @BalloonSciDan pointed correctly a few days ago the USAF may have shot down an amateur radio pico balloon (callsign K9YO-15) over Canada. \n\nhttps://t.co/IHzB5ffW96\u201d
— StratoCat (@StratoCat) 1676569396

But the circumstantial evidence is at least intriguing. The club’s silver-coated, party-style, “pico balloon” reported its last position on Feb. 10 at 38,910 ft. off the west coast of Alaska, and a popular forecasting tool—the HYSPLIT model provided by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)—projected the cylindrically shaped object would be floating high over the central part of the Yukon Territory on Feb. 11.

In fact, according to Aviation Week, "descriptions of all three unidentified objects shot down Feb. 10-12 match the shapes, altitudes and payloads of the small pico balloons."

President Joe Biden confirmed that intelligence officials believe the unidentified flying objects were balloons.

"The intelligence community’s current assessment is that these three objects were most likely balloons tied to private companies, recreation, or research institutions studying weather or conducting other scientific research," Biden said on Thursday.

They don’t want you to see this … Big Tech does its best to limit what news you see. Make sure you see our stories daily — directly to your inbox.
The North American Aerospace Defense Command, meanwhile, disclosed that the FBI has spoken to the Illinois hobbyist club whose balloon was likely targeted.

"I have no information for you from NORAD on the objects," said NORAD spokesperson Air Force Col. Elizabeth Mathias. "I understand FBI spoke with that hobby group, and I expect the [National Security Council] task force to have more on the potential identification of the objects."

A top Canadian general has also said the downed object is a "suspected balloon." Recovery of its debris has been hampered by its remote crash location.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/yukon-ufo-hobby-club-balloon
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Re: Did Biden authorize fighter jets to use $400K missiles to shoot down...
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2023, 07:49:05 PM »
It appears that SharterJoe can't even authorize a shootdown of a vicious, man-eating balloon without shitting all over himself.

$400K a pop. And we're paying the bill.  :whatever:

https://www.theblaze.com/news/yukon-ufo-hobby-club-balloon

From what I hear, a couple of years ago, the Marines used a weather balloon as a target in a training exercise, and discovered that the balloon envelope is surprisingly durable. The Hornet's 25mm shells would pass thru the balloon and it would act like the self sealing fuel tanks on warplanes, with the envelope sealing itself after being penetrated.

I can't imagine the question of what ordnance to use was ever brought to Sponge Brain Shit Pants' attention, let alone was the subject of approval by National Command Authority.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus