Author Topic: DC protesters try tearing down Andrew Jackson statue at Lafayette Park, set up '  (Read 549 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
DC protesters try tearing down Andrew Jackson statue at Lafayette Park, set up 'BHAZ' near White House
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/andrew-jackson-statue-bhaz-washington-lafayette-park

Protesters on Monday tried toppling a statue of Andrew Jackson near the White House, while sealing off an area in an act of defiance similar to events in Seattle by declaring off-limits an area dubbed the "Black House Autonomous Zone," or "BHAZ."

Police intervened as chants of “Hey, Hey, Ho, Ho, Andrew Jackson’s got to go" were heard while a rope was put around the bust of the seventh president riding a horse, the Washington Post reported. Hundreds of protesters locked arms around the statue before police officers removed the crowd in a chaotic scene.

U.S. Park and D.C. police used a chemical irritant to disperse the crowd and officers were hit with objects. Jackson, who has faced ire in the present day for his severe treatment of Native Americans, was the latest historical figure targeted by protesters demanding monuments and memorials to those with racist pasts be taken down.
'

First, there was CHAZ/CHOP. Now, there is BHAZ in Washington, DC.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Old n Grumpy

This was more than a demonstration, it was mob destruction
As they attempted to hold their ground, the protesters used equipment many had brought, apparently prepared for skirmishes with the police, including helmets, goggles, gas masks, respirators and large wooden shields that were being distributed through the crowds.

You don't go to peacefully protest and bring riot gear. :bird:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!