Author Topic: Dems: You know what will really help improve medicaid?  (Read 2985 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Dems: You know what will really help improve medicaid?
« on: April 02, 2010, 10:54:08 AM »
MASSIVE lawsuits!

Tucked away on page 466 of President Obama’s 2,704-page health-care bill is a provision that changes the definition of “medical assistance,” the term describing what states are required to provide to Medicaid recipients.

States have in the past been required to provide payment for services to physicians. Now, under the new definition, states will be liable for ensuring provision of “the care and services themselves.”

In other words, states are legally on the hook not only to ensure that Medicaid recipients are paid for, but that they’re seen by a doctor. Medicaid recipients have found it increasingly difficult to be seen by doctors, as states in extreme economic duress have cut payment rates.

…

“With the expanded definition, it leaves every state vulnerable to a new wave of lawsuits any time someone cannot access a service, even if that service is limited by virtue of the rates we pay,” said Alan Levine, Louisiana’s secretary of health and hospitals, in a recent memo prepared for fellow state government officials.

Levine wrote: “DHH cannot estimate the cost of this, but it is not even worth estimating. It will be substantial.”

http://dailycaller.com/2010/04/02/states-fear-that-five-words-in-obama-health-law-will-open-door-to-lawsuits/

Good thing we passed it so we can finally see what's in it.   :banghead:
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
Re: Dems: You know what will really help improve medicaid?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 12:29:45 PM »
So when CVS in Washhington State says no more medicare patients, the state will have to force the pharmacies and doctors to accept it at a loss??

Oh thats going to work out well.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 12:39:46 PM »
So when CVS in Washhington State says no more medicare patients, the state will have to force the pharmacies and doctors to accept it at a loss??

Oh thats going to work out well.

One would think that Sec. 1 of the 13th Amendment would apply:

Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

...but one can never tell with this crew.

Perhaps they'll interpret, "except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted" to mean "failing to comply with our every policy dictate, regardless of economic impact or moral objection."
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 12:44:00 PM »
So that applies to medicaid eligibles....they get guaranteed treatment, but medicare eligibles get left out in the cold? 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 09:07:57 AM »
Obama said it's been a week and the world didn't end see we were wrong.  :whatever:
 :banghead: :banghead:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.