Author Topic: Do We Disrespect Rural America?  (Read 3752 times)

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
Do We Disrespect Rural America?
« on: November 26, 2016, 02:48:13 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10028305817

McCamy Taylor (16,324 posts)

The obvious reason to hack the rural vote is that it typically comes in later, so the people stealing an election can see how far their candidate is behind and then make up the difference. However, when they decided to hack the rural vote, I think they also reasoned that Democratic urban dwellers would buy the lie that people who live in the country are "dumb" enough to fall for Trump.

I don't think rural folks are dumb, and I don't think they voted overwhelmingly for Trump.

I just love how you infants make assertions without proof of any kind.  The short answer?  Yes.  You do and you will never change so, we will vote against you.

Star Member LonePirate (5,201 posts)
1. It's challenging to respect people who do not respect themselves.

Rural areas consistently vote against their own best interests    :yawn: by supporting candidates who do nothing but make their lives more difficult. Rural voters seem to be suffering from sort of massive lack of self-respect or the electoral equivalent of Stockholm Syndrome.

Heh ..... wrong.  Next?

Star Member radical noodle (1,900 posts)
4. They are in their own little bubble   :thatsright:

They lack higher education for the most part,  ::) and have little contact with people that are not just like them. I have some understanding of them because I've lived in rural America but they really need to become accustomed to the idea that the world is changing and moving forward instead of thinking they can take us back 70-80 years.

Changing and moving forward =  Free shit. 

Call it what you want, imbeciles.  That's what it always boils down to.  As far as the rest of your unsupportable assertions?

Wrong.  Next?

Liberal In Texas (7,759 posts)
2. No.

Our rural cousins have way too much power. They are who they are, but when they have over 50X power over my vote, something is wrong.

Yeah.  It's in your head, goof.  50 times the power, huh?

Explain to me:  Chicago?

Star Member JI7 (57,581 posts)
3. i don't think they are dumb either that's why i think most voted for him over bigotry

and not because they were fooled by him.

Let's see, you learn this from your TV, but the TV is full of Trump supporting fascist rEichwInG MSM liars.  Well, isn't it?

Star Member whathehell (17,784 posts)
10. They're not necessarily dumb, but most are uninformed & lack education

and the critical thinking that comes with it. It's not all about bigotry.

No we're not.  We were educated, not indoctrinated.

Cracks begin to form.

Kathy M (727 posts)
18. No ....... May want to rethink what you said ..........

Wanted to add....... agree it's not all about bigotry , sexism or what ever other label that was thrown around

Hersey. 

Warpy (90,276 posts)
8. There has always been city slicker/country hayseed tension in this country

that has been unfair to both groups. Yes, rural people tend to be less educated in general, but the successful ones have college degrees in things like soil science and other agricultural fields. Dumb they aint.

I think if you're looking for dumb people who truly did fall for Trump, you'd do better to look in suburbs and exurbs.

Are they now on your list?  They're more educated than you.  Explain?

Star Member bhikkhu (10,254 posts)
9. Respect is earned

I live in a semi-rural area and know farmers and ranchers, and lots of their relations who've gone on to other careers. There are many that I respect and trust, but hard work, isolation and bad habits can break people. There's nothing to gain from respecting broken people, especially when they don't know it themselves. Having compassion is a different thing.

You're very stupid.  I congratulate you.  Ooooo.... "broken people".  Huh.   :whatever:

murielm99 (17,010 posts)
11. This thread is very much like

the bash-the-South threads that used to show up here.

I am a rural American. So is my husband. Many farmers have college degrees. It is not possible to be a successful farmer these days without one. Not all farmers are repubbies, either.

Not everyone out here stopped their education with their high school diploma. We have pharmacists, veterinarians, business owners, nurses, doctors, teachers. Nearly every teacher I know in this area is a Democrat. Not everyone out here is sitting around waiting for trump to hand back an obsolete manufacturing job.

I did quite a bit of canvassing and phone banking in my area. I tabled at a community college. I will tell you what I found in the three county area where I did most of my work: Millenial males were the ones voting for trump. Yes, of course there were others, but that group was the voting block I found most loyal to trump.

I am tired of the ignorance I am reading here. I have seen plenty of loudmouthed rednecks in big cities, too.

You're not following the narrative...........  watch it.

Riftaxe (2,682 posts)
21. Hate to break it to you

and your bigoted ass, but did you think the people teaching you at university level were all urban?

Heh......
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 02:55:13 AM by 98ZJUSMC »

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline Karin

Re: Do We Disrespect Rural America?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 04:50:41 AM »
Someone said in another thread, "they're tripling down on it."
I'd like PJ to make a Newsbusters article out of this POS thread.

Offline Adam Wood

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2016, 04:57:25 AM »
DUmmie #1: "Do we disrespect rural America?"
DUmmie #2: "Of course not. We just need to show those ignorant, fascist, bitter-clinger racist knuckle-dragging mouth-breathers that we know what's good for them.  That's all."

Offline tanstaafl

• I AM the NRA. And I VOTE
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2016, 05:55:36 AM »
DUmmie #1: "Do we disrespect rural America?"
DUmmie #2: "Of course not. We just need to show those ignorant, fascist, bitter-clinger racist knuckle-dragging mouth-breathers that we know what's good for them.  That's all."

Excellent, AW.
I grew up farming. After HS I went to work in the Power Generation and Distribution fields. Worked with many that had advanced degrees, IEEE fellows and, in general, pretty smart fellas. But there was one thing I noticed early on, and moreso through the years, the advanced degrees and advanced careers tend to stay "in town" at the corporate and engineering offices while us "ignorant, poor, country boys out in the field corrected their mistakes and made the damned things go together and work.

Offline Adam Wood

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 06:17:26 AM »
Excellent, AW.
I grew up farming. After HS I went to work in the Power Generation and Distribution fields. Worked with many that had advanced degrees, IEEE fellows and, in general, pretty smart fellas. But there was one thing I noticed early on, and moreso through the years, the advanced degrees and advanced careers tend to stay "in town" at the corporate and engineering offices while us "ignorant, poor, country boys out in the field corrected their mistakes and made the damned things go together and work.
To their credit, the DUmmies seem to have a few (a scant few, but a few) actual wrench-turners and hammer-slingers in their midst.  These tend to be the more sane of those in the asylum, in my observation.  They seem to actually understand that there are real people with dirt under their nails who actually make the country operate.  Mike Rowe Democrats, if you will.

But they're a ludicrously small minority who doubtless get shouted down if they dare poke their head up at all around there.  The rest think that making protest signs and dream-catchers is some sort of money-making venture that is worthwhile and adds value to the nation, as if the dream-catcher is somehow going to heat their home in the winter.

Fools.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2016, 06:53:01 AM »

You be the judge:

Star Member LonePirate (5,201 posts)
1. It's challenging to respect people who do not respect themselves.

They lack higher education for the most part,  ::) and have little contact with people that are not just like them.

Liberal In Texas (7,759 posts)
2. No.

Our rural cousins have way too much power. They are who they are, but when they have over 50X power over my vote, something is wrong.

Talking about pulling a "statistic" out of his anal orifice ...

Star Member whathehell (17,784 posts)
10. They're not necessarily dumb, but most are uninformed & lack education

and the critical thinking that comes with it.

It's nice to see that some DU-folk Gibbs-slapped these bigots, not that that'll knock any sense into them. Among the DU-bigots from CA, I wonder how many have heard of University of California, Davis. And why they call themselves "Aggies".
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2016, 07:05:43 AM »
The way I see it, as long as they keep thinking like this, it's one more tactical variable we have to our advantage.
All you really have to do is substitute "education" with "indoctrination" and it all falls in line and makes sense. The DUmmies think that going to college actually makes them smart. hahahahah!
I wonder why they lost?

Offline MoshMasterD

• The Cornette Face
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2016, 07:29:12 AM »
It's all fun and games until the rural cuts off their food supply.
"They cannot win. We outnumber them in this country, and we have the guns… I’m not kidding. They talk a mean game, but they will not cross that line because they know what they’re dealing with."

Andrew Breitbart

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2016, 07:36:31 AM »

They lack higher education for the most part,  ::) and have little contact with people that are not just like them.

Dude, you just described DU to a T.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2016, 07:55:14 AM »

The obvious reason to hack the rural vote is that it typically comes in later, so the people stealing an election can see how far their candidate is behind and then make up the difference.

OK, just stop right there.  It's always the huge urban precincts that come in last and have the most screwing around with 'Uncounted' ballot boxes mysteriously getting 'Found' when a Republican is winning a close race recount or at the end of election day when all the less-urban districts have been finalized, and have anomalies like zero votes for a GOP national candidate or more votes than registered voters.

I am also amused by the way any place that is not an urban megaplex has suddenly become 'Rural.' 
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2016, 08:00:33 AM »
OK, just stop right there.  It's always the huge urban precincts that come in last and have the most screwing around with 'Uncounted' ballot boxes mysteriously getting 'Found' when a Republican is winning a close race recount or at the end of election day when all the less-urban districts have been finalized, and have anomalies like zero votes for a GOP national candidate or more votes than registered voters.

I am also amused by the way any place that is not an urban megaplex has suddenly become 'Rural.'

And doubling, nay, TRIPLING down with the hate speech towards rural people is a surefire way to get them to come to your side a*shole.

Remember, THOSE people grow your food, AND they own a significant amount of guns.

But keep up the hate speech, then wonder why you got your asses kicked, again, in '18.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2016, 09:52:56 AM »
Since some of the DUmmies have never been outside of city limits a day in their life, I'll give my anecdote coming right up after the election.  I drove almost 500 miles in an day, and kept to rural roads and state highways, never touching interstate. 

We made our way through two states, and did not see a single Hillary sign.  Not one.  One of the states I drove through had a hotly contested governor's race, and while I saw a smattering of signs for the democrat governor, ZERO for Hildabeast McCanklefats.  Considering she performed ten points lower than the dem governor (who still lost, I might add), I'd say that's a pretty fair representation.

But hey, if you guys want to keep losing elections, just keep saying all of us rural folk are dumb! 

Offline Karin

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2016, 10:12:37 AM »
Love the avatar, Battlehymn.   :lmao:

Offline BattleHymn

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2016, 10:19:04 AM »
Love the avatar, Battlehymn.   :lmao:

No time like the present to rub it in.  :-)

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2016, 11:31:41 AM »
Since some of the DUmmies have never been outside of city limits a day in their life...

Interestingly enough, over the summer I ran into a lefty who admitted to us, that they had never before seen a dirt road. He lived his whole life in Portland and it was his first time even being out of state, and he was 30.

Yeah, that is someone I want making decisions that effect America. :sarcasm:

CMD
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline BattleHymn

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2016, 11:51:56 AM »
Interestingly enough, over the summer I ran into a lefty who admitted to us, that they had never before seen a dirt road.  He lived his whole life in Portland and it was his first time even being out of state, and he was 30.

CMD

I'd bet a dollar he probably thinks we're overcrowded here in the US and A.

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2016, 12:03:52 PM »
I'd bet a dollar he probably thinks we're overcrowded here in the US and A.

It would not surprise me. He was a very typical self absorbed sandal wearing urbanite metrosexual lefty.

CMD
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2016, 12:14:12 PM »
Since some of the DUmmies have never been outside of city limits a day in their life, I'll give my anecdote coming right up after the election.  I drove almost 500 miles in an day, and kept to rural roads and state highways, never touching interstate. 

We made our way through two states, and did not see a single Hillary sign.  Not one.  One of the states I drove through had a hotly contested governor's race, and while I saw a smattering of signs for the democrat governor, ZERO for Hildabeast McCanklefats.  Considering she performed ten points lower than the dem governor (who still lost, I might add), I'd say that's a pretty fair representation.

But hey, if you guys want to keep losing elections, just keep saying all of us rural folk are dumb!

Same here.  One cankles sign.  The home of the local Democrat Committee Chairman.   :lmao:   WHo is a much more lonely guy, these days, as we wiped out two of the few remaining (D)Marxists in the area.  Almost every multi-sign house - very common here - eventually put up a Trump/Pence.  That right there, mirrored the mood perfectly.  They didn't come around, until later on in the run up.

Another thing I noticed was a lack of party identification on the (D)Marxists signs.  A few Republicans did the same, but most had the big elephant, proudly, displayed.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2016, 12:22:01 PM »
Quote from: CollectivismMustDie on Today at 11:31:41 AM
Interestingly enough, over the summer I ran into a lefty who admitted to us, that they had never before seen a dirt road.  He lived his whole life in Portland and it was his first time even being out of state, and he was 30.

CMD

:-)  I would bet that many of these infants are lying their asses off with their tales of adventures in other states and/or other countries.  As with that guy who wrote the Cracked.com screed on why "rurals" were pissed off.

Grew up in an exurb of Cleveland.   Rural? ::)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2016, 01:10:04 PM »

The obvious reason to hack the rural vote is that it typically comes in later, so the people stealing an election can see how far their candidate is behind and then make up the difference. However, when they decided to hack the rural vote, I think they also reasoned that Democratic urban dwellers would buy the lie that people who live in the country are "dumb" enough to fall for Trump.

I don't think rural folks are dumb, and I don't think they voted overwhelmingly for Trump.

So you hate Rural America? There are liberals in Rural America you know.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Delmar

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2016, 01:38:52 PM »

Sometimes they are even stupid/arrogant enough to get on TV and brag about it:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH34iGndEoU[/youtube]
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2016, 01:56:22 PM »
Same here.  One cankles sign.  The home of the local Democrat Committee Chairman.   :lmao:   WHo is a much more lonely guy, these days, as we wiped out two of the few remaining (D)Marxists in the area.  Almost every multi-sign house - very common here - eventually put up a Trump/Pence.

The wife and I put on a lot of miles travelling this last summer. In all of our travels, combined, I think I saw 2 or maybe three signs for cankles. We saw Trump signs EVERYWHERE. Not only were they common, but a lot of them were very obviously hand made, and way bigger than your normal political sign. In fact, We saw more billboard size Trump signs than We saw cankles signs of any kind. Way more.

The (D)Ummies, pre-election,  would say this doesn't mean anything, and then come by to steal or destroy or otherwise remove them later.

CMD

Offline SVPete

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2016, 08:45:35 PM »
Interestingly enough, over the summer I ran into a lefty who admitted to us, that they had never before seen a dirt road. He lived his whole life in Portland and it was his first time even being out of state, and he was 30.

CMD

Whether OR or ME, how does one do this? I grew up 6 miles from the nearest town, so I'll pass on the dirt road part, but I'd been in Mexico and Canada, and been in OR, WA, and AZ (besides CA, where I was born and grew up) before I turned 18YO.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2016, 09:15:03 PM »
Whether OR or ME, how does one do this? I grew up 6 miles from the nearest town, so I'll pass on the dirt road part, but I'd been in Mexico and Canada, and been in OR, WA, and AZ (besides CA, where I was born and grew up) before I turned 18YO.

By never owning a motor vehicle, always taking public transportation or walking/riding a bike, and never leaving the city.

That is the picture that he painted for me.

CMD

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2016, 09:32:22 PM »
The wife and I put on a lot of miles travelling this last summer. In all of our travels, combined, I think I saw 2 or maybe three signs for cankles. We saw Trump signs EVERYWHERE. Not only were they common, but a lot of them were very obviously hand made, and way bigger than your normal political sign. In fact, We saw more billboard size Trump signs than We saw cankles signs of any kind. Way more.

The (D)Ummies, pre-election,  would say this doesn't mean anything, and then come by to steal or destroy or otherwise remove them later.
CMD

I was going to do the same thing, but the neighbor found Trump paraphernalia and brought extras back for all of us! 

:thumbs: