Author Topic: Lurking DUmmies: this is 0bamacare, not the Columbia Record & Tape Club  (Read 3660 times)

Offline Laelth

• Banned
Re: Lurking DUmmies: this is 0bamacare, not the Columbia Record & Tape Club
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2013, 10:04:27 AM »

:panic:

So, did you think that Obumbles "speach" (  O-) ) was NOT a melt-down? The Emperor has thin skin.

Honestly, no, I didn't think that.  It seemed to me that the President's speech on this subject was well received by many people, and I suspect the President will continue to call this event "the Republican shutdown" and will continue to push the meme that the Republican House is responsible.  Those of us on the left were thrilled, generally speaking, with his response.

-Laelth
We are all in this boat together.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
Honestly, no, I didn't think that.  It seemed to me that the President's speech on this subject was well received by many people, and I suspect the President will continue to call this event "the Republican shutdown" and will continue to push the meme that the Republican House is responsible.  Those of us on the left were thrilled, generally speaking, with his response.

-Laelth

So what's the view like with your head jammed so far up the President's ass?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2013, 10:59:38 AM »

-Laelth

By 'thrilled,' I assume you mean you were stumbling around, feeling for a wet washcloth with one of your eyes closed while 0bama popped open a beer.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline jukin

« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2013, 11:06:31 AM »
Hmm ... are you suggesting that a failure to increase the debt limit will not affect the full faith and credit of the United States?  If so, I am not sure that I agree.  Our bond ratings and our currency value will both suffer from our failure to increase the debt limit, as far as I know.  I would be happy to be proven wrong on this point.

Now this makes no sense at all and is only a leftist talking point. In the real world borrowing more money makes you less credit worthy.  Yes, Owing more money, particularly if you have been borrowing at accelerated rates makes you less not more credit worthy.

Well, BO is a politician, and he keeps his options open.  What he says one day may be quite different from what he says the next.  That said, I hope he does not compromise.  I tend to agree with those who suggest that BO should demand more from the Republicans in order to let them save face and get themselves out of the pickle they find themselves in, as I argued here: http://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=view_post&forum=1016&pid=74669

-Laelth

We do agree in that I too hope that King Barky does not compromise. Just more proof that everything Obama said in 2007 was a pure lie. I particularly hope that His Incompetence starts doing more stupid political tricks like what happened in the WWII OPEN ARI Memorial. If he starts arresting WWII vets I will have a big smile on my face. As well, the more the petulant child gets out and tirades the better for me. Using history, the more Obama reads off his teleprompter the worse he does in the polls. We call this the Fecal Touch. Even better, I hope he goes off teleprompter because that is when his true inner child comes out.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Laelth

• Banned
So what's the view like with your head jammed so far up the President's ass?
I have been quite critical of the President on a great number of issues.  That said, those of us on the left are definitely supportive of his taking a hard line on the ACA, the shutdown, and the debt ceiling.  From our perspective, it's rare to see this President play hardball (He likes to compromise and govern from the center), and we tend to support him when he shows some political courage and actually fights for what we (on the left) want.

-Laelth

Offline Laelth

• Banned
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2013, 11:21:46 AM »
Now this makes no sense at all and is only a leftist talking point. In the real world borrowing more money makes you less credit worthy.  Yes, Owing more money, particularly if you have been borrowing at accelerated rates makes you less not more credit worthy.
I am still looking for some real evidence that shows our failure to increase the debt limit (if it happens) will not hurt both our bond ratings and our currency value.  I think it will.  Very few serious people deny this.

We do agree in that I too hope that King Barky does not compromise. Just more proof that everything Obama said in 2007 was a pure lie. I particularly hope that His Incompetence starts doing more stupid political tricks like what happened in the WWII OPEN ARI Memorial. If he starts arresting WWII vets I will have a big smile on my face. As well, the more the petulant child gets out and tirades the better for me. Using history, the more Obama reads off his teleprompter the worse he does in the polls. We call this the Fecal Touch. Even better, I hope he goes off teleprompter because that is when his true inner child comes out.
No way you'll see BO arresting WWII vets.  No way.  As for his 2007 promise, well, I'm not sure to which promise you are referring, but if you will kindly remind me, I will try to respond.

-Laelth

Offline Laelth

• Banned
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2013, 11:24:08 AM »

By 'thrilled,' I assume you mean you were stumbling around, feeling for a wet washcloth with one of your eyes closed while 0bama popped open a beer.
LOL.  Credit where it is due.  That's funny.   :cheersmate:

-Laelth

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
I have been quite critical of the President on a great number of issues.  That said, those of us on the left are definitely supportive of his taking a hard line on the ACA, the shutdown, and the debt ceiling.  From our perspective, it's rare to see this President play hardball (He likes to compromise and govern from the center), and we tend to support him when he shows some political courage and actually fights for what we (on the left) want.

-Laelth

Yeah...handouts,freebies and envy driven taxes on those who are successful.
Something to be really proud of there.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2013, 11:43:56 AM »
I am still looking for some real evidence that shows our failure to increase the debt limit (if it happens) will not hurt both our bond ratings and our currency value.  I think it will.  Very few serious people deny this.
No way you'll see BO arresting WWII vets.  No way.  As for his 2007 promise, well, I'm not sure to which promise you are referring, but if you will kindly remind me, I will try to respond.

-Laelth

I am sure he will arrest those World War II vets.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2013, 11:44:25 AM »
I have been quite critical of the President on a great number of issues.  That said, those of us on the left are definitely supportive of his taking a hard line on the ACA, the shutdown, and the debt ceiling.  From our perspective, it's rare to see this President play hardball (He likes to compromise and govern from the center), and we tend to support him when he shows some political courage and actually fights for what we (on the left) want.

-Laelth

You don't seem that critical.

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,91252.0.html
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2013, 12:42:41 PM »
Obamacare needs the young people's participation so they can spread the wealth. This won't happen. Young people and those that do not wish to have insurance will simply pay the less expensive fine and wait to purchase insurance if they ever become ill. It's like buying car insurance after you total your car, then filing a claim.

The exchange plans are screwed up. In order to get a deductible that is under $5000 you will need to be able to afford a 40% co-payment. Good luck to the hospitals and doctors collecting from most people that are already having trouble making ends meet. People that had good insurance where they worked that are now getting thrown under the "elimination of benefits" bus due to the rising cost to the employer won't have any other options. It will be even harder for them if they have had their schedules reduced to under 32 hours a week.

Just because a person has health insurance and is able to afford the premium does not mean they can afford to get sick and use the insurance.

Offline Karin

« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2013, 12:51:56 PM »
Making the rounds:

Posted on FB today:
A post from the Obamacare Website:

"I actually made it through this morning at 8:00 A.M. I have a preexisting condition (Type 1 Diabetes) and my income base was 45K-55K annually I chose tier 2 "Silver Plan" and my monthly premiums came out to $597.00 with $13,988 yearly deductible!!! There is NO POSSIBLE way that I can afford this so I "opt-out" and chose to continue along with no insurance. I received an email tonight at 5:00 P.M. informing me that my fine would be $4,037 and could be attached to my yearly income tax return. Then you make it to the "REPERCUSSIONS PORTION" for "non-payment" of yearly fine. First, your drivers license will be suspended until paid, and if you go 24 consecutive months with "Non-Payment" and you happen to be a home owner, you will have a federal tax lien placed on your home. You can agree to give your bank information so that they can easy "Automatically withdraw" your "penalties" weekly, bi-weekly or monthly! This by no means is "Free" or even "Affordable."

Offline Laelth

• Banned
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2013, 12:56:44 PM »
Obamacare needs the young people's participation so they can spread the wealth. This won't happen. Young people and those that do not wish to have insurance will simply pay the less expensive fine and wait to purchase insurance if they ever become ill. It's like buying car insurance after you total your car, then filing a claim.
I agree, and I am happy about this.  Chief Justice Roberts did us a great favor when he ruled that the mandate was a tax.  That means it's not a violation of the criminal law to fail to purchase insurance. My hope is that the ACA will cause health insurance companies to fail which will, in turn, usher in some kind of single-payer, national health care system.  Ultimately, I think the mandate is a bad idea, and I have said so (http://journals.democraticunderground.com/Laelth/38), but if it gets us to single-payer, I can live with it.  Like you, I am hoping the ACA will fail.  If you don't want a single-payer system, you'd better hope the ACA succeeds.

The exchange plans are screwed up. In order to get a deductible that is under $5000 you will need to be able to afford a 40% co-payment. Good luck to the hospitals and doctors collecting from most people that are already having trouble making ends meet. People that had good insurance where they worked that are now getting thrown under the "elimination of benefits" bus due to the rising cost to the employer won't have any other options. It will be even harder for them if they have had their schedules reduced to under 32 hours a week.

Just because a person has health insurance and is able to afford the premium does not mean they can afford to get sick and use the insurance.
It's funny (to me) when pro-business conservatives (and I'm not saying you are one) complain about businesses making moves that hurt workers but help the company's bottom line.  While a ton of companies are blaming their anti-worker practices on the ACA (and it's an easy target), I think the anti-worker attitudes of our business leaders is far more to blame for cuts in employee benefits (all of which have been eroding since at least 1981).

-Laelth

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2013, 01:05:13 PM »
I agree, and I am happy about this.  Chief Justice Roberts did us a great favor when he ruled that the mandate was a tax.  That means it's not a violation of the criminal law to fail to purchase insurance. My hope is that the ACA will cause health insurance companies to fail which will, in turn, usher in some kind of single-payer, national health care system.  Ultimately, I think the mandate is a bad idea, and I have said so (http://journals.democraticunderground.com/Laelth/38), but if it gets us to single-payer, I can live with it.  Like you, I am hoping the ACA will fail.  If you don't want a single-payer system, you'd better hope the ACA succeeds.
It's funny (to me) when pro-business conservatives (and I'm not saying you are one) complain about businesses making moves that hurt workers but help the company's bottom line.  While a ton of companies are blaming their anti-worker practices on the ACA (and it's an easy target), I think the anti-worker attitudes of our business leaders is far more to blame for cuts in employee benefits (all of which have been eroding since at least 1981).

-Laelth

Just STFU about corporations. If they're so evil and anti-worker, explain to me why the single greatest fear of everyone is companies shutting down their healthcare options and tossing all workers into the exchanges? Why do people prefer to keep healthcare through their employer if 0dumbasscare is so great?
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline Laelth

• Banned
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2013, 01:05:44 PM »
You don't seem that critical.

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,91252.0.html
Really?  Mike220 suggested I'd be banned from DU for comments critical of the President in this thread: http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,87801.0.html

To be certain, I am less critical of the President than your average CC poster, but that's to be expected.

-Laelth

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2013, 01:14:59 PM »
I

How about it ushers in a time where you scum sucking,****ing idiots have to actually pay (oh the horror) for the services and commodities you use.
Mother ****ing useless piece of dog shit parasites.

You are still as stupid as the day is long Laelth,like every leftist out there you can only imagine your fairy tale dreams coming true but trust me,you and your greedy ilk will be the first ones griping when you are deemed not worth treating.
That will be the only happy moment but not enough to offset the disaster you asswipes are determined to inflict on everyone thinking it is a lottery win for you.

Offline Laelth

• Banned
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2013, 01:15:20 PM »

Just STFU about corporations. If they're so evil and anti-worker, explain to me why the single greatest fear of everyone is companies shutting down their healthcare options and tossing all workers into the exchanges? Why do people prefer to keep healthcare through their employer if 0dumbasscare is so great?
Corporations are not inherently evil.  They are legal fictions (created by the state, dissolved by the state, and allowed to exist by the state).  At one time in the history of the English common law there was a condition placed upon the existence of a corporation--the state allowed it to exist only so long as it served the public good.  These days we let corporations continue to exist without regard to their public benefit.  Nevertheless, they are not evil.  By and large, they are good.

But, the people who run most of them can't keep their jobs unless their quarterly earnings grow every quarter.  As such, they keep their labor costs as low as possible, and while that's their job, and I don't blame them for that, this practice (while the costs of medical care are skyrocketing) leave us with a lot of people who lack access to medical care.

You'll have to ask each business, specifically, why they are cutting medical insurance benefits in order to get a good answer (I certainly can't speak for them), but if they blame the ACA, my assumption is that they're lying.

As for the American people, some of us are scared of change, and that's natural, but the health-care delivery system we have now needs some tinkering, imo, and the ACA will undoubtedly change things, for better or for worse.

-Laelth

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2013, 01:20:13 PM »
Corporations are not inherently evil.  They are legal fictions (created by the state, dissolved by the state, and allowed to exist by the state).  At one time in the history of the English common law there was a condition placed upon the existence of a corporation--the state allowed it to exist only so long as it served the public good.  These days we let corporations continue to exist without regard to their public benefit.  Nevertheless, they are not evil.  By and large, they are good.

But, the people who run most of them can't keep their jobs unless their quarterly earnings grow every quarter.  As such, they keep their labor costs as low as possible, and while that's their job, and I don't blame them for that, this practice (while the costs of medical care are skyrocketing) leave us with a lot of people who lack access to medical care.

You'll have to ask each business, specifically, why they are cutting medical insurance benefits in order to get a good answer (I certainly can't speak for them), but if they blame the ACA, my assumption is that they're lying.

As for the American people, some of us are scared of change, and that's natural, but the health-care delivery system we have now needs some tinkering, imo, and the ACA will undoubtedly change things, for better or for worse.

-Laelth

Just like a ****ing liberal, when the answer won't suit your cause, you change the narrative.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline Laelth

• Banned
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2013, 01:21:14 PM »
How about it ushers in a time where you scum sucking,****ing idiots have to actually pay (oh the horror) for the services and commodities you use.
Mother ****ing useless piece of dog shit parasites.

You are still as stupid as the day is long Laelth,like every leftist out there you can only imagine your fairy tale dreams coming true but trust me,you and your greedy ilk will be the first ones griping when you are deemed not worth treating.
That will be the only happy moment but not enough to offset the disaster you asswipes are determined to inflict on everyone thinking it is a lottery win for you.
If what we pass into law doesn't work, it can be repealed.  You will note that of the hundreds of programs passed by FDR to combat the Great Depression, very few of them survived.  If it works, we'll keep it.  If it fails, we can get rid of it.  The implementation of one law is not the end of the world.

And I am glad you're having so much fun chewing on me.  Hope you feel better.   :cheersmate:

-Laelth

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2013, 01:26:35 PM »
If what we pass into law doesn't work, it can be repealed.  You will note that of the hundreds of programs passed by FDR to combat the Great Depression, very few of them survived.  If it works, we'll keep it.  If it fails, we can get rid of it.  The implementation of one law is not the end of the world.

And I am glad you're having so much fun chewing on me.  Hope you feel better.   :cheersmate:

-Laelth

No dipshit...you pretend as a lefty to be soooooooo concerned and compassionate but in the blink of an eye you wish an entire industry with all its employees to fail so that something YOU want can be free.
You are disgusting and despicable and I wish you nothing but misery,that is what you deserve.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2013, 01:30:25 PM »

Which is why this needs to be implemented, in full, right now.  The greedy pigs should be made to feel the pain of their decisions and the apathetic made all too aware the penalty for not paying attention.

The whole mess would be repealed within a month.
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2013, 01:32:23 PM »

I'm still waiting for a good explanation as to the why we should increase the debt ceiling when it cost us our bond rating and devalued our currency back in 2011.
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2013, 01:35:46 PM »

-Laelth

You do understand that his attempt to push the "Republican sequester" meme pretty much failed, don't you?  You do understand that no one, anywhere, is buying his bullshit anymore, don't you?

C.S. Lewis

Offline Laelth

• Banned
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2013, 01:42:28 PM »
No dipshit...you pretend as a lefty to be soooooooo concerned and compassionate but in the blink of an eye you wish an entire industry with all its employees to fail so that something YOU want can be free.
You are disgusting and despicable and I wish you nothing but misery,that is what you deserve.
When the President announced that he would not push for a single-payer system because it would be, in his words, "too disruptive," i.e. it would kill the health insurance industry, I was quite angry.  I want the health insurance industry crippled (and left only selling cadillac plans to the wealthy).  I don't think insurance is a good model to use when dealing with health care.  Insurance is great for high cost/low risk situations (like replacing a house that has burned down), but health care is different.  It's high cost and nearly 100% risk.  Nearly all of us will get sick and need medical care at one time or another, and so insurance doesn't work well for that (unless you like insurance companies padding their bottom lines by regularly denying coverage).  Health, I think, is a vital, national concern.  As such, I want to (mostly) get the insurance companies out of it.

And nothing is free in this society, as you know, but I think tax revenues are a more just and equitable way to pay for healthcare services that we all need.

Thanks for the response.

-Laelth

Offline Laelth

• Banned
« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2013, 01:44:43 PM »
I'm still waiting for a good explanation as to the why we should increase the debt ceiling when it cost us our bond rating and devalued our currency back in 2011.
Um ... because we can't pay our bills unless we increase the debt ceiling?  And if we don't pay our bills, we risk the full faith and credit of the United States?

-Laelth