Author Topic: DUmmies Discuss Florida Population Loss  (Read 693 times)

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
DUmmies Discuss Florida Population Loss
« on: September 03, 2009, 08:03:37 PM »
monmouth  (1000+ posts)        Thu Sep-03-09 07:09 PM
Original message
Great article on why thousands are leaving Florida...Thanks Repubs...
http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20090903/us_time/085991919...
"There are many things public officials probably shouldn't do during a severe recession, but no one seems to have told the leaders in Florida about them. One thing, for instance, would be giving a dozen top aides hefty raises while urging a rise in property taxes, as the mayor of Miami-Dade County recently did. Or jacking up already exorbitant hurricane-insurance premiums, as Florida's government-run property insurer just did. Or sending an army of highly paid lobbyists to push for a steep hike in electricity rates, as South Florida's public utility is doing.

And you wonder why the Sunshine State is experiencing its first net emigration of people since World War II."

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6457969
Well, any post decrying high taxes can't go unchallenged at the DUmp. Property taxes mean nothing to DUmmies without property, and
high insurance rates mean nothing to DUmmies with nothing to insure.

This DUmmy thinks "alternative energy" exists. He doesn't know it is the moonbats' latest version of "creative financing":
ddeclue  (1000+ posts)        Thu Sep-03-09 07:13 PM
Response to Original message
1. TOTALLY WRONG RW SLANT - it's JOBS not TAXES that are driving Floridians out.
as in there ARE none.

Our economy is based on tourism and real estate development and both are in the tank thanks to the national economy tanking and short sightedness on the part of GOP legislators who don't understand the need to diversify.

We need JOBS in high technology, manufacturing and alternative energy production.
Our taxes are tiny compared to most places, we have NO income tax, property taxes were recently cut and we have no ad valorem tax on automobiles - our tag fees even after raising are still smaller than most places.
Taxes aren't the issue - crappy schools, high insurance costs and no jobs are the problems.

This next comment is from a queer ex-Floridian, and I challenge anyone to understand what he's trying to say:
HillbillyBob (1000+ posts)      Thu Sep-03-09 07:48 PM
2. DougD you are correct about jobs , crappy schools, and high ins
It was also the fact that reprehensible party keep stealing elections.

We were harassed by NSA for 4 years after 2000 selection when we saw our ballots taken from our polling place and not taken to the courthouse but dumped into truck mounted shredders. We had to put up with threatening phone calls, our phones and emails monitored, and our home invaded w/o warrant while we were not home. Neighbors were witness.

As for the jobs, my partner had been downsized 4 times then outsourced a couple more.
Then in 20022 companies were sold overseas within six months.

I had been downsized several times then got sick and Jebbie shrub decided to mess with the medicaid system. I am an hiv patient and the change meant that I could not get health care ..because they arbitrarily assigned to a freakin gynecologist..who was as confused as I was, I tried to straighten it out with medicaid who told me i would go to the dr they assigned or do without. I ended up doing without for over a year, and got good and sick.
Now by this time I had been with my primary dr for 7 years. Him they took his license saying that he did not know what he was doing, this guy saved my life several times.
So add crappy health care and meddling by politicians.

We left for NC in summer 2002, I miss it some, but not the traffic, tourists, swampy drinking water, and of course the republican retirees that act like a-------s most of the time..it really was the repugs that made me want out of there..
I hate divas me me me me me me me me.

Rents are too high and wages are too low, that was the last straw. 

Our lousy healthcare system is somehow keeping this AIDS-riddled deadbeat queer DUmmy alive. How did that happen?

I swear his post sounds exactly like a certain halfwit who posts here.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 09:37:19 PM by GOBUCKS »

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Re: DUmmies Discuss Florida Population Loss
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 08:26:42 PM »
monmouth  (1000+ posts)        Thu Sep-03-09 07:09 PM
Original message

Great article on why thousands are leaving Florida...Thanks Repubs...

"There are many things public officials probably shouldn't do during a severe recession, but no one seems to have told the leaders in Florida about them. One thing, for instance, would be giving a dozen top aides hefty raises while urging a rise in property taxes, as the mayor of Miami-Dade County recently did.

Oh hey, look what I found...
Though an Independent and a former Democrat, Diaz spoke at the 2008 Democratic National Convention and endorsed President Barack Obama.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manny_Diaz
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 09:01:01 PM »
Emigration from Florida is NOTHING compare to the mass exodus from that liberal hell hole Kalifornia that DUmpster Divers love so much.

Cost of Living Sucks; Everyone Leaving California
I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 10:34:40 PM »
Thanks Repubs he says.

do you suppose Miami-Dade would ever elect a Republican?

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 10:37:35 PM »
Thanks Repubs he says.

do you suppose Miami-Dade would ever elect a Republican?

Do you suppose Oscar Wilde, the large-proboscised primitive, the "Cyrano" primitive, will leave Florida now, and go back to where he came from (the New York City area), as he doesn't seem to like Florida and Floridians, and Florida and Floridians don't seem to like him?
apres moi, le deluge

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009, 10:39:44 PM »
ddummie actually thinks they need new and higher taxes to attract jobs. He really really thinks that?

Business: Would you look at that, says here in the e-paper that Florida is going to double their tax rates. That there sounds like a wonderful thing. We're just dying to have less money laying around taking up space, if we move down to Florida we won't need to worry about rent or putting gas in the car...

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2009, 10:40:44 PM »
Do you suppose Oscar Wilde, the large-proboscised primitive, the "Cyrano" primitive, will leave Florida now, and go back to where he came from (the New York City area), as he doesn't seem to like Florida and Floridians, and Florida and Floridians don't seem to like him?

I doubt he wants to pay those taxes.

Offline Flame

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 07:12:26 AM »
I must have lived in an anomally in Florida, because my taxes weren't horrible, and the schools were great.  What sucked was the property insurance (if you could even get it).