Author Topic: Christmas Special: a primitive bounces an old-time quality of a tale  (Read 1203 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211564769

Oh my.

I'll get to it, but first the other bouncies:

redstatebluegirl (4,978 posts)     Tue Dec 18, 2018, 04:23 PM

I saw something yesterday that really bothered me.

We had to buy a car to replace mine that had over 150000 miles and was not running very well. We went to a local Oklahoma dealer and had a great experience. The young man who helped with the financing was a young Muslim man. We loved him, he was wonderful. The couple waiting after us started to go in and I heard them say "do we have to deal with a dirty Muslim". I turned to them and said no, you can go to a local bank and get 2 percent higher. Give it a go, but don't treat him like crap ok? They glared at me but went on in his office. What a bunch of morons I live with here in OK.

Yeah, yeah, sure, sure, that really happened.

jberryhill (53,820 posts)      Tue Dec 18, 2018, 04:29 PM

1. How would you, or anyone, know his religion

I gather you were making some sort of an assumption on the basis of his name, accent, or something else? If so, what?

How do you know the religion of people with whom you are doing business?

redstatebluegirl (4,978 posts)      Tue Dec 18, 2018, 04:33 PM

2. No we were very open with him and he shared.

My husband told him it must be difficult dealing with the public here and he said "I do my best".

redstatebluegirl (4,978 posts)      Tue Dec 18, 2018, 04:34 PM

3. BTW if you are a racist, he clearly looked middle eastern.

We shared that our best friends were from Iraq and he opened up.

Honeycombe8 (32,018 posts)      Wed Dec 19, 2018, 01:03 PM

24. Good for you for speaking up about it.

In my local community group, some of the posters were discussing whether a closed convenience store would be re-opening, and who might open it up again. Someone then posted "well, if it's a foreigner who opens it, we shouldn't go there. Besides, they send their money out of the country, anyway." But mainly it was the refusal to do business with a "foreigner" that was her point.

In our area, most of the foreigners are Middle Easterners who speak with an accent, like Pakistanis. Some wear turbans. More than a few open convenience stores and hire other Middle Easterners to work in them. So I'm pretty sure these are the so-called foreigners she is referring to. We have a few first generation Hispanics, but they generally do manual labor.

My stepmother, who is elderly, got a gun a few years ago, to protect herself against a home invasion by Muslims or A-rabs, she said.

I'm in Louisiana, so I assume the environment is similar to that of Oklahoma, as far as bigotry against so-called foreigners or Muslims, or those who are perceived as such by the redneck whites. Most are leery of who they think are foreigners or Muslims, but don't outright insult them or refuse to frequent their stores. But some feel free to do so.

My gawd, there's more virtual signalling here than what goes on in a railway switch-yard.

cwydro (30,055 posts)      Wed Dec 19, 2018, 02:14 PM
response to the original poster

27. How did they know he was Muslim?

You say “clearly middle eastern”.

How many Americans can tell apart someone from India or Pakistan from an Iranian? An Iraqi?

Cool story.

Runningdawg (2,017 posts)      Wed Dec 19, 2018, 03:08 PM

32. People who have never lived here in OK

don't really get it. A week ago I was on a rare trip to wal-mart. The line for the only human cashier was long, but I don't do bots. Up rolls 2 Trumpers in their motorized carts, complete with MAGA hats. The man had on a Hillary for Prison T-shirt. The whole time we wait, these 2 complain to each other LOUDLY about every issue they could think of. In between subjects they complained about the speed of the cashier, but conceded, at least he was white. They complained that no one offered 2 obviously handicapped people in line their spot and that the liberals wanted all handicapped/conservative/God-fearing patriots dead. They complained the line was slow because of all the people trying to by beer with food stamps.

By the time I got near the cashier I could see him rolling his eyes. Then he did the unexpected. He picked up his courtesy phone and told his manager, he was in need of an emergency bathroom break. Right away a new cashier arrived to take his place. The new cashier is best described as gender-fluid. Well that was THE. LAST. STRAW.

I am not even going to attempt to describe the level of hate that consumed these two. But they certainly had the attention of most everyone in the front of the store, including the manager and security guard.

Then (praise Jesus!) a miracle happened. They got up out of their carts, left their food and walked out the door!!!

The cashier never lost her smile, never even slowed down. Kudos to Walmart for hiring her and bravo for her grace under pressure.

^^^Well, yeah, sure, that's incredibly credible.

Tipperary (3,535 posts)      Wed Dec 19, 2018, 03:32 PM
response to the dog running primitive immediately above

34. Lol.

The stories I read here...

Marengo (3,106 posts)      Wed Dec 19, 2018, 04:46 PM
another response to the dog running primitive above

48. Dear Penthouse...uh, I mean DU, you won't believe what happened to me!
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Christmas Special: a primitive bounces an old-time quality of a tale
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 07:13:34 AM »
By the way, my thanks to a member of DU Jr. who first found, and reported, this story.  We're all very appreciative of whatever comedy material comes our way.

conservativecave apparently is once again a hot topic over there, mostly because of the lies and mistruths of a long-ago discredited member from our old home, conservativeunderground.

I don't read the discredited member from our old home, but I did notice that in another thread, the old bat, the one who has a watery feticular odor peculiar to many (but not all) stout women of late middle age, commented that conservativecave is deader than vaudeville.

It's true it's been really slow here, but some apparently aren't aware of the life-cycles of message boards.  This place was once very active, but now we're not--for which no apologies are made.  It's an utterly normal evolution, ebbing and flowing.  Over a long period of time, it may pick up, or it may wither away.....as do other message boards. 

This is a site financed by one person who's never asked for contributions, viewing this as a public service for the greater good of humanity; this site does not depend upon traffic and advertising.  It's a hobby of the owner, and we're all very grateful to him for so generously sharing his hobby with us.

And our esteemed member Carl has taken unwarranted criticism because he's posted more over there (DU Jr.) than here, for quite a while. 

There's a good reason for that.  For many of us, posting here is like preaching to the choir, while posting over there is a great opportunity to discuss, debate, opposing points of view, and a wonderful opportunity to antagonize snobs who preposterously think they're smarter and better than us.  Carl's willing to preach to the choir, but he obviously finds it more fulfilling to enlighten the ignorant and the depraved, for which we all thank him.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:16:58 AM by franksolich »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 07:45:38 AM »
All I want for Christmas is a return to the good old days of well thought out and entertaining bouncies.   :thatsright:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 07:46:41 AM »
What a bunch of racists. I don't know anybody who cares what someone's race is when financing a car. All any normal people care about is not getting ripped off and not the nationality or religion of who cut them a good or bad deal.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2018, 07:59:25 AM »
what she says happened:

We had to buy a car to replace mine that had over 150000 miles and was not running very well. We went to a local Oklahoma dealer and had a great experience. The young man who helped with the financing was a young Muslim man. We loved him, he was wonderful. The couple waiting after us started to go in and I heard them say "do we have to deal with a dirty Muslim". I turned to them and said no, you can go to a local bank and get 2 percent higher. Give it a go, but don't treat him like crap ok? They glared at me but went on in his office. What a bunch of morons I live with here in OK.

What really happened:

We had to buy a car to replace mine that had over 150000 miles and was not running very well. We went to a local Oklahoma dealer and had a great experience. The young man who helped with the financing was a white christian male. We didn't trust him, he was very self righteous and had a superior attitude. The couple waiting after us started to go in and I heard them say "The finance guy goes to our Church.  I feel comfortable dealing with him". I turned to them and said "He probably supports tRump and is going to bleed you dry.  Good luck suckers, I'm going to the bank where even though I will pay a higher rate, I won't give that bible thumper any of my business.  He probably donates a large part of his commission check to the repuke partyThey mumbled some shit like "have a nice day as they passed me and went on in his office. What a bunch of morons I live with here in OK.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2018, 08:10:35 AM »
 :rotf:

That thread is a hoot!  Thanks for the morning laugh, frank.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2018, 08:11:39 AM »

... The young man who helped with the financing was a young Muslim man. We loved him, he was wonderful. The couple waiting after us started to go in and I heard them say "do we have to deal with a dirty Muslim". I turned to them and said no, you can go to a local bank and get 2 percent higher. Give it a go, but don't treat him like crap ok? They glared at me but went on in his office. What a bunch of morons I live with here in OK.

We get better rates from our bank, and better terms, So that's a bogon (particle of bogusness). Second, well, the first response almost nailed redstatebluegirl's obvious lie:

jberryhill (53,820 posts)      Tue Dec 18, 2018, 04:29 PM

1. How would you, or anyone, know his religion

I gather you were making some sort of an assumption on the basis of his name, accent, or something else?

redstatebluegirl dug deeper:

redstatebluegirl (4,978 posts)      Tue Dec 18, 2018, 04:33 PM

2. No we were very open with him and he shared.

That's plausible, barely, wrt redstatebluegirl (frankly, Mrs. SVPete and I have NEVER asked a car sales or finance person about their religion ... their family sometimes if they have pix on their desk). The point that shows that the :bouncy: is a lie is that the fictional bigoted couple had their fictional bigoted exchange before entering the finance guy's office/cubicle. They had no way of knowing the guy's religion, because they hadn't spoken to him!

Since we're talking about fiction, I could re-write this :bouncy: so the lie is less obvious, and improve it as well:

1. The finance guy is a Sikh, who customarily wear a beard, turban, and steel bracelet. redstatebluegirl is smart and recognizes his religion from this.

2. The bigoted couple, being ignorant as well, see the turban and beard, mistake him for a Muslim, and make their bigoted remark.

By making the bigoted couple ignorant as well as bigots, my fictional :bouncy: is better, and isn't self-exposing.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2018, 08:29:22 AM »
Kept digging:

We shared that our best friends were from Iraq and he opened up.

Zapped again:

cwydro (30,055 posts)      Wed Dec 19, 2018, 02:14 PM
response to the original poster

27. How did they know he was Muslim?

You say “clearly middle eastern”.

How many Americans can tell apart someone from India or Pakistan from an Iranian? An Iraqi?

Cool story.

It's actually more complicated than that:

1. An Orthodox Greek, Israeli Jew, and an Arab Pali Muslim will be pretty much undiscernible;

2. An Arab Iraqi and an Iranian will probably look quite different from each other;

3. A Pakistani, Northern Indian, and Southern Indian, similarly, will probably look quite different from each other.

But cwydro's point is valid and I think most Americans realize it ... except for redstatebluegirl when she's trying to sustain her fiction.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2018, 08:55:27 AM »
So much fiction ... I'll give a :stoner: for packing so much fiction into so few words:

Runningdawg (2,017 posts)      Wed Dec 19, 2018, 03:08 PM

32. People who have never lived here in OK

don't really get it. A week ago I was on a rare trip to wal-mart. The line for the only human cashier 1 was long, but I don't do bots. Up rolls 2 Trumpers in their motorized carts, complete with MAGA hats. The man had on a Hillary for Prison T-shirt. 2 The whole time we wait, these 2 complain to each other LOUDLY 3 about every issue they could think of. In between subjects they complained about the speed of the cashier, but conceded, at least he was white 4. They complained that no one offered 2 obviously handicapped people in line their spot 5 and that the liberals wanted all handicapped/conservative/God-fearing patriots dead 6. They complained the line was slow because of all the people trying to by beer with food stamps 7.

1 I'm not a frequent Walmart shopper - the one nearest us has nightmarish parking lot access/egress - but I have NEVER seen just one human cashier on duty.

2 Couldn't Runningdawg have squeezed in just a couple more stupid stereotypes?

3 I have NEVER heard people talking loudly in a check-out line, not in the 6 decades I can remember.

4 If these people were so POed at the slowness, why would they care about the cashier's skin color? This was a stupid afterthought wedged into the :bouncy: when Runningdawg realized his fictional bigots hadn't said anything racist.

5 I've frequently seen shoppers in check-out lines defer to handicapped (or assist them) or to people with just a couple of items - been there, done both. I have NEVER seen/heard a handicapped person Play the Handicapped Card. Playing victim cards is pretty much a lib/Prog thing.

6 Another stereotype randomly placed, irrelevant to its location in the :bouncy:.

7 Is there an adult in America - recently arrived immigrants excluded - who does not know that beer can't be bought legally with "food stamps" (actually, EBT Card)? And what Walmart store is moronic enough to risk serious legal consequences just to sell an extra six-pack or 5 of beer?

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2018, 10:35:21 AM »
So, I needed a new car because the old ones interior was full of trash and smelled like a dumpster. I was approached by a white, christian Trumper and told him I wanted to work with the transgendered woman with the lovely mustache and beard, who by the way is an atheist. After selecting the car I insisted that the only finance manager I would work with had to be Jewish, as they really know how to hondle and could get me the best rate.
On the way out I told the manager they needed to be more diverse and multi cultural to get with the new America.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2018, 03:23:39 PM »
. . .they complained about the speed of the cashier, but conceded, at least he was white. . .

:rotf:

Response to redstatebluegirl (Reply #43)Wed Dec 19, 2018, 06:39 PM
Star Member cwydro (30,056 posts)
52. Most dealerships have websites with pics of their employees.

Easy enough to find, I would think.

yeah, just like this:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/toni-rice-7403a88

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2018, 05:07:34 PM »

Hmmm. What did he look like if you are NOT racist? Swedish?
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2018, 08:23:16 PM »
Way back when I was a salesman, a middle eastern gentleman came in and offered 20k on a 43k Buick Rainier.  I was not impressed with his negotiating tactics, he couldn't finance a hotdog and he left without his buick.
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)