Author Topic: Important Lessons I Learned in Church. Rockhead  (Read 1418 times)

Offline CC27

Important Lessons I Learned in Church. Rockhead
« on: December 17, 2018, 09:02:53 AM »
Star Member MineralMan (114,701 posts)

Important Lessons I Learned in Church

As a youngster, starting about age 6, I attended Sunday School each week at a local small town Presbyterian church. My parents, who were non-believers, sent their children there to learn about the dominant religion in the United States. I attended each week for 12 years. Here are some of the lessons I learned:

1. Do not ask difficult questions. Instead of answers, you will receive punishments.
2. If you are challenged to memorize parts of the Bible, do not memorize the entire Book of Matthew. When called on to recite what you have memorized, you will be told peevishly to sit down after reciting the first chapter.
3. Keep your distance from the older man who teaches the 10-year-old Sunday School class. He will try to touch you in unwanted ways.
4. Be wary of making friends with the church's pastor. He will be fired soon because a Deacon on the church board made a pass at his wife, who told him to leave her alone.
5. Do not expect the Youth Minister to be punished for having a shy 14-year-old girl perform oral sex on him, even if he is caught in the act. He will just be sent off to another church, and the family of the girl will be shamed into leaving town.
6. When you enlist in the military, do not try to attend a local church of your home denomination in the town near your training base. You will be advised by a Deacon that you should attend services on the base, instead. You are not welcome there.

Those are some of the lessons I learned in Sunday School.

I stopped going to churches, and all of those things stopped happening to me.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/1218301173

What is the point of this crap?

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
Re: Important Lessons I Learned in Church. Rockhead
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 09:22:54 AM »
Just something he pulled out of his ass and thought profound.

Normal people think it's shit.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 09:53:08 AM »
I grew up in a small town Missouri Synod Lutheran church. My experiences were quite different.

1. When I asked questions, whether of a Sunday School teacher or the pastor, received answers. I'm guessing MM's "difficult" questions were smart-assery rather than questions.

2. More smart-assery,acknowledged by MM.

3. I do not remember whether at 10YO my Sunday School teacher was male or female. That said, the only possible pedophile I remember from that church was not a Sunday School teacher, and if he abused anyone it was his daughters. This came out when I was in my 20s, and his wife divorced him for adultery. What she knew or didn't I never heard.

4. One pastor was forced to resign, when I was 5 or 6, because of a brief affair. Of the pastors I knew after that, one resigned due to inter-denominational politics,and the other retired.

5. Our youth leaders - not pastoral staff, because the church had just the one pastor - never did such things.

6. I have little comparable experience. One church I attended, when I was in my 30s did have two active duty USN P-3C pilots and their families as members. They were entirely welcome, and were in congregational leadership, IIRC. If MM is speaking from experience, maybe the new church communicated with his former church and learned of his smart-assery. And responded accordingly.

Thing is, even some DUpipo should recognize the fallacy of trying to generalize to 100s of thousands of church congregation from just one. Unless their hatred of Christians blinds them.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 11:29:39 AM »
Translation: MineralMan NEVER went to church. But he will repeat bigoted stereotypes like a good NPC.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2018, 11:57:47 AM »
Not only is he full of shit, what's worse id people replying :thatsright: :loser:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2018, 12:12:29 PM »
Not only is he full of shit, what's worse id people replying :thatsright: :loser:

Quite a strange mix of ignorance, stereotypes, and falsehoods. Unsurprisingly.

BTW, with reference to:

MineralMan (114,716 posts)

7. I asked about Lot and his daughters when I was about 12.

I was told that I didn't need to read the WHOLE Bible at my age. The Sunday School teacher never did answer my question about why Lot's daughters did that, really.

If this happened, the Sunday School teacher probably did not want to intrude on what was his parents' responsibility: telling him about sex and what they (the parents) felt was right or wrong.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Houstonguy34

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2018, 01:49:11 PM »
What really irritates me about MineralMan is he will post intolerant crap like this and turn around and do a post about how he respects all beliefs... He brags about his “ Holiday Tree “ that has ornaments from ever faith on it.. I think he is full of bs and half the stuff he says he’s done in his lifetime is made up.. 

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2018, 02:31:22 PM »
It seems MinnesotaMoses missed the lesson about where lying is a sin.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2018, 02:42:04 PM »
Obviously he never learned to just shut his yap and listen without making it all about himself.

Pete, his military complaint is about being assigned somewhere for Basic, when troops are under much more constant control and very restricted freedom to come and go, not at a regular 'Permanent' assignment.  I'm surprised the drill sergeant let him go to that at all, but it no doubt clearly marked him out as a useless shammer to them.  I expect the deacon was trying to tell him he was stepping on his dick, but he was too full of his 'Rights' to understand that.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2018, 02:57:07 PM »
Pete, his military complaint is about being assigned somewhere for Basic, when troops are under much more constant control and very restricted freedom to come and go, not at a regular 'Permanent' assignment.  I'm surprised the drill sergeant let him go to that at all, but it no doubt clearly marked him out as a useless shammer to them.  I expect the deacon was trying to tell him he was stepping on his dick, but he was too full of his 'Rights' to understand that.

Got it. I missed that he was referring specifically to training rather than to a regular duty posting. Mea goofa.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2018, 05:35:20 AM »
Did MM grow up a Muslim?
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2018, 11:09:04 AM »
Did MM grow up a Muslim?

I think he has yet to grow up. :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2018, 09:55:02 PM »
Rockhead appears to be a toothbrush and pron diddler.  He wants to appear intelligent yet he is too dense to show it...like a rock, he never gives and only sublimes.

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2018, 06:31:54 AM »
What is the point of this crap?

I often wonder that myself.
What motivates these hateful poop smears to make up stuff like this?
I can only speculate that they are seeking peer approval or something. Just about 95% of all "ideals" of the left require deception in order to promote it. Why would one wish to promote an ideology based on deception? I mean, there is no way on Gods green earth that they don't realize they are either lying or being somehow deceptive. Why would one promote a flawed ideology in the first place?  And why would one propagate lies to further what they already know can't ever work in reality?
It just doesn't make sense... none of their caricatures fit, but there they are, repeated minute by minute without fail.