Author Topic: today's Republican Party is a fascist organization that is headed for...  (Read 1196 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Star Member Cyrano (10,938 posts) https://upload.democraticunderground.com/100211550975

Wisconsin is ****ed. For now

Scott Walker signed the Republican lame duck session bill that takes power away from the incoming Democratic governor and attorney general who just won election.

So I guess the Republicans are again at the game of "If you can't win, **** them over."

It will take a while, but this will not stand. If the courts don't/won't overturn it, the voters of Wisconsin will crush the Republican Party in 2020. And Wisconsin won't be the only place this happens.

The Republican Party is committing suicide. **** 'em. The quicker the better.

They'll still be around to some degree or another in much of the South and in some western states. But the desperation of what they've done in Wisconsin is their death knell. They are about to become extinct.

A new, sane opposition party must come into being as we don't want to live in a country with one party rule.

But today's Republican Party is a fascist organization that is headed for the dust heap of history.

And, oh yeah. I almost forgot. Scott Walker is a major league prick.

:loser:

Bleacher Creature (7,271 posts)

1. But isn't the state legislature too gerrymandered to switch in 2020? NT

:lmao:

Terry_M (604 posts)

2. Yup

If this election they got 63% of the assembly while losing by 8% in the popular vote, what're we going to do in 2020? Beat them by 10% so they only have 60% of the assembly?

The only hope for starting to turn things in the other direction is that the governor may be able to veto the redistricting happening in 2021 until they come up with a less skewed map. I don't actually know if he even has to approve that though but if he does... Then 2022 may have a less skewed map... And then after that things can start to improve.

:p

TheRealNorth (488 posts)

5. So WI Supreme Court must be the next target

Now that we got the governorship, we MUST ensure we have a majority in the WI Supreme Court. OR else we might still get ****ed when redistricting happens after 2020.

There are no Political Judges politicalling from the bench...

Star Member LakeArenal (4,343 posts)

7. I've said it before... and still saying:

I’m so tired of being on the right side of history;
While living in the wrong side of it now.

So many people have fought the Kochsuckers for walkers entire run.

It’s so exhausting.

At least, I finally Supported some folks who won. Evers,Barnes and Kaul. As hollow a victory as the Pukes could make it.

:loser:

S
tar Member RobertDevereaux (735 posts)

8. Holder is on this....

https://www.apnews.com/a43ff27cffbd4d8480e99ec3fc0da8d5

“A group run by former Democratic U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder says it plans legal action to block a limitation on early voting in Wisconsin signed into law by Gov. Scott Walker.“

where they can't win they cheat.

Liberalhammer (217 posts)

9. Boycott WI Republicans

boycottwirepublicans.godaddysites.com

And shame them in public!

[DU] Make 'em wear a yellow star "R" in public!

Star Member BigmanPigman (22,358 posts)

11. Am I surprised..Hell no!

The GOP is the party of lying, stealing, corruption and cheating.

:rotf:

LBM20 (1,428 posts)

19. Yup! This is what Right Wingers are: Ultra-Corrupt SCUMBAGS! Wipe them off the map in 2020!!!

:whatever:

Star Member Vinca (39,830 posts)

22. I swear Dems should organize and move en masse to the gerrymandered districts for the next election.

tinrobot (6,696 posts)

23. Exactly. Rent some apartments and move people into the neighborhoods.

otherwise, do normal [D] voter fraud...

Star Member hostalover (364 posts)

26. Some place I read (don't remember where) about 3 or 4 days ago, a repub legislator

from Wisconsin was saying they are doing this for the people who don't live in Madison and Milwaukee. He said those people are the ones that matter. Thus the votes in the urban areas were not as important as those statewide. I found that to be very alarming. Other states could be similarly defrauded. It further heightens the divisions we have in this country. I do hate republicans.

:thatsright:

Garrett78 (7,165 posts)

34. It's a horrible situation where Democratic WI House candidates got 53% of the vote, but...

...will hold just 36% of the seats.

... and Hillary won the popular vote, too...

Still In Wisconsin (3,680 posts)

33. We're ****ed indeed- unless and until the gerrymandered district lines are thrown out and re-drawn.

Until then we are, in fact, well and truly ****ed. The Republicans got around 45% of the vote in the 2018 election, yet won 66% of all State Assembly seats. They actually GAINED in the State Senate, too. THESE are the ****ers passing this lame duck bullshit.

The only saving graces are: (1) we've got a really good shot at unseating a conservative State Supreme Court judge in 2020, which would give us a liberal majority there and (2) incoming Governor Evers (D) will have veto power over all the legislative maps in 2020.

:yawn:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: today's Republican Party is a fascist organization that is headed for...
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 10:14:04 PM »
I don't know about WI, but  in MO where I am the Governor has nothing to do with picking Justices for he state's Supreme Court.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2018, 10:16:34 PM »
Oh please knock off the theatrics DUmbasses. If the situation was reversed and it was the Democrats doing this, you hypocritical ****tards would be praising the actions of the people doing this
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2018, 07:47:34 AM »
Quote from:
Cyrano

A new, sane opposition party must come into being as we don't want to live in a country with one party rule.

That's the biggest lie that liberals tell. They very much do want one party rule, and they want those in opposition to their rule to be severely punished. We've documented the primitives (and liberals in general) saying these things directly too many times to believe they don't really mean it.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2018, 08:49:51 AM »
But today's Republican Party is a fascist organization that is headed for the dust heap of history.

:yawn: Cyanose's grandfather said that in 1932. :yawn:

:yawn: Cyanose's father said that in 1964. :yawn:

:yawn: Cyanose said that in 1992. :yawn: And in 2008. :yawn:

The Rs are nowhere near those straits, from which they, obviously, returned. But as my signature says .....
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2018, 10:16:16 AM »
More projection from the party of projection.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2018, 10:58:02 AM »
Holder is "on this"?  As if he has any power.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2018, 11:03:24 AM »

hold that thought while I remind you of this little gem that was said by a Congress member of the democrat party this past week...

"I would love to be able to regulate the content of speech," Lieu said Wednesday on CNN. "The First Amendment prevents me from doing so.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/12/12/dem_rep_lieu_i_would_love_to_regulate_free_speech_but_its_better_in_the_long_run_not_to.html

remind me again who the fascists are...
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2018, 11:25:56 AM »
Oh please knock off the theatrics DUmbasses. If the situation was reversed and it was the Democrats doing this, you hypocritical ****tards would be praising the actions of the people doing this

Like they did in MA, where the gov before Romney changed the law about selection of Senators to avoid Romney being able to name a Republican?  They cheered the idea, until Scott Brown won and Deval Patrick couldn't do a damn thing about it...

Online 67 Rover

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2018, 12:45:21 PM »
Like they did in MA, where the gov before Romney changed the law about selection of Senators to avoid Romney being able to name a Republican?  They cheered the idea, until Scott Brown won and Deval Patrick couldn't do a damn thing about it...

If you remember though the governor did refuse to certify Brown and therefore was unable to vote until after the dem's temporary replacement had already voted on obummerdontcare.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2018, 04:27:07 PM »
hold that thought while I remind you of this little gem that was said by a Congress member of the democrat party this past week...
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/12/12/dem_rep_lieu_i_would_love_to_regulate_free_speech_but_its_better_in_the_long_run_not_to.html

remind me again who the fascists are...

They don't even understand what facism means.  They are the true facists.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2018, 12:02:22 PM »
Wisconsin is ****ed. For now

Scott Walker signed the Republican lame duck session bill that takes power away from the incoming Democratic governor and attorney general who just won election.
The Republicans retained control of the State house and Senate, it would be a "lame duck" session had they lost either one of those. They where in an "extraordinary" session.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke