Author Topic: File transfer (Win7 Ulti)  (Read 2547 times)

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
File transfer (Win7 Ulti)
« on: October 19, 2010, 02:25:54 PM »
Quick question, is it possible with Win 7 to C&P a progam to a slave HD? I don't have enough room on my main HD for a game update, so I got a 250G WD Caviar Blue for use as a slave drive. I'd rather not have to do a total install. (game, ya it's WoW  :tongue: )
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
Re: File transfer (Win7 Ulti)
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 03:59:36 PM »
You'll have to get into admin tools, drive management and get W7 to recognize the drive. Then once recognized, format it and then you can copy all you need to it. Start: Control Panel: Administrative Tools: Computer Management: Drive Management
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 04:27:39 PM »
as a matter of fact, I need to hook up my new 2 Terabyte drive and an SD-Card reader to my relatively new PC.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Wineslob

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 05:30:50 PM »
as a matter of fact, I need to hook up my new 2 Terabyte drive and an SD-Card reader to my relatively new PC.

Bite me.   :-)

A buddy of mine is going to come over and ghost it tonight.................for a couple of beers.    :cheersmate:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 06:10:23 PM »
Caught it on sale at Newegg....... for  $95, free shipping. Now I can move forward recording my LP albums.

Offline Wineslob

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 04:22:10 PM »
Damn that's cheap.  Transfer went off without a hitch.