Author Topic: Comcast is really odd.  (Read 2583 times)

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
Comcast is really odd.
« on: June 26, 2010, 01:35:55 PM »
  Out of the blue our comcast went strange on us.   We had the package, TV, PC and phone.  One day as I went into the kitchen there was a screen that said I could not get Fox News.   Into the bedroom and the same on that TV.

Hubby went down to to comcast and was given free a box of stuff to to help the problem, he followed the directions and yet after 2 hours get this screen that reads  some kind of interruption in our line.

Anyone know know how much money it costs to have a Comcast package every month?

Offline zeitgeist

Re: Comcast is really odd.
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 03:36:06 PM »
  Out of the blue our comcast went strange on us.   We had the package, TV, PC and phone.  One day as I went into the kitchen there was a screen that said I could not get Fox News.   Into the bedroom and the same on that TV.

Hubby went down to to comcast and was given free a box of stuff to to help the problem, he followed the directions and yet after 2 hours get this screen that reads  some kind of interruption in our line.

Anyone know know how much money it costs to have a Comcast package every month?

I just played this game with Commie castic (comcast) here in Portsmouth.  Tell hubby to remove all the chokes ( filters whatever) that look like little barrels from the lines.  That was the problem here.  They sent a technician out after we bitched about getting the stupid screen.  I don't think they charged us for fixing their problem. 
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 04:15:48 PM »
I just played this game with Commie castic (comcast) here in Portsmouth.  Tell hubby to remove all the chokes ( filters whatever) that look like little barrels from the lines.  That was the problem here.  They sent a technician out after we bitched about getting the stupid screen.  I don't think they charged us for fixing their problem. 

The cable companies usually only install those channel blocking filters when a person just has the extended basic cable or less. IF they use a converter box, those filters are typically removed.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 06:29:10 PM »
The cable companies usually only install those channel blocking filters when a person just has the extended basic cable or less. IF they use a converter box, those filters are typically removed.

It is really bizzare because they sent boxes out to people who didn't have them on extended basic.  Heretofore you could receive all the extended channels without a converter and you could get HD if you had a TV capable of receiving HD signals.  With the new box you have to use an A/B switch if you want to still be able to get Broadcast HD and don't have their HD package.  I will be using a splitter / AB for football season.  I am about to the point of just putting up an antenna to see what I can still get for free.  My internet service is kick ass but the TV is way over priced.IMHO
< watch this space for coming distractions >