Author Topic: Kopechne Mother Mourned  (Read 4909 times)

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Kopechne Mother Mourned
« on: January 15, 2008, 07:28:34 AM »
PLYMOUTH – A mother who lost her daughter in a well-publicized automobile accident in Massachusetts nearly 39 years ago was remembered Saturday as a caring woman who loved talking, drinking coffee and making pancakes for breakfast.

Gwen L. Kopechne, 89, died on Dec. 20 at the Valley Crest Nursing Home in Plains Township.

A small gathering of family and friends attended a Memorial Mass in her honor at All Saints Church in Plymouth.

Family photographs pasted on a board were placed near the altar, and two pictures showing Gwen, her late husband, Joseph, and their only daughter, Mary Jo, were placed on a table beneath a Pastoral candle.

Gwen was laid to rest in St. Vincent’s Cemetery in Larksville next to her husband and Mary Jo, whose life immortalized the family when she was killed in the accident on Chappaquiddick Island on July 19, 1969.

The 28-year-old woman and Democratic campaign worker was a passenger in a car driven by U.S. Sen. Edward M. Kennedy.

Kennedy was driving the young woman from a party when he drove off a bridge and into a pond. Kennedy escaped with minor injuries but Mary Jo was killed.

Circumstances surrounding the accident and events that followed evolved into a cloud of suspicion that continues today.

http://www.timesleader.com/news/20080113_13kopechne_ed_3a_ART.html
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Re: Kopechne Mother Mourned
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 07:28:56 AM »
Ted Kennedy was unavailable for comment.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 07:33:46 AM »

Hell, Vast Teddy probably doesn't even recognize the name any more.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 08:03:52 AM »
I hope she rests in peace. I can't imagine the pain she's suffered for almost 40 years.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 08:33:16 AM »
I hope her daughter was there to meet at the gates. RIP, dear lady. It is truly a travesty that you never got to see justice in life.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 09:59:46 AM »
I hope she enjoyed the Kennedy pay-off money to whatever extent she could.  It was the only justice received.

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 10:28:15 AM »
Ted Kennedy was too drunk to comment.  :bird:
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 11:04:12 AM »
Well, he will have plenty of time to comment when he burns in hell for eternity, alongside his dad. His drug-besotted philander brother never had a chance, thank God, to do any damage to the USA and his other commie brother also didn't have a chance to do any damage.  I suspect (but would not bank on) their final state is a little better.

But Ted Kennedy is a killer. And the evil he as done as a Communist Senator almost rises to that level.

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2008, 11:54:04 AM »
Well, he will have plenty of time to comment when he burns in hell for eternity, alongside his dad. His drug-besotted philander brother never had a chance, thank God, to do any damage to the USA and his other commie brother also didn't have a chance to do any damage.  I suspect (but would not bank on) their final state is a little better.

But Ted Kennedy is a killer. And the evil he as done as a Communist Senator almost rises to that level.

And now there's grandson Joe...hawking heating oil for Hugo Chavez on tv to the American people.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2008, 11:55:30 AM »

And now there's grandson Joe...hawking heating oil for Hugo Chavez on tv to the American people.
The horse-apples don't fall far from the tree. 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2008, 12:16:24 AM »
RIP Mrs Kopechne,I hope that you have finally found peace and have the love of your daughter that Fat Bastard Ted took from you all those years ago.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Lauri

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2008, 10:35:18 PM »
I hope she rests in peace. I can't imagine the pain she's suffered for almost 40 years.

it really is the most horrendous thing any parent could live thru, isnt it?

especially when the death might have been avoided..