Author Topic: poll: close forums?  (Read 684 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
poll: close forums?
« on: January 10, 2021, 12:25:14 AM »
Because of the Gestapo-like tactics being practiced by the primitives, Democrats, and the news media, there appears to be some who are suddenly wary of saying certain, uh, things for fear of doxxing.

This is a legitimate fear, although I personally don't think it's going to be a phenomenon that lasts long.

And also, I myself have nothing to lose; when one is on the brink of Death, one discovers a certain boundless freedom to say and do what one wishes.  There's nothing that can be taken away from me, there's no injury that can be done.

However.

Should all forums here on conservativecave with the exception of the Dumpster become closed forums?  We do have some closed forums, but apparently they're difficult for members to remember which is which.

So perhaps best to close all excepting the Dumpster.

Admission to closed forums requires someone to have at least 2000 posts, and there are some members here who've been here a long time with fewer than that.  Also, it might be reasonably expected that others might come aboard from our sister site, and already enjoy good reputations there. 

So those two groups shouldn't be excluded by the 2000 posts limit.

My suggestion is that someone who doesn't meet the standard "apply" with miskie, SSG Snuggle Bunny, Carl, or myself, to be made an exception (if we approve).
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: poll: close forums?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2021, 08:32:26 AM »
Wholeheartedly approve of this idea.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2021, 09:19:12 AM »
In a word: Yes.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2021, 11:33:59 AM »
Democrats are vile, spiteful and hateful creatures. I have had them go back through my old posts on Facebook just to report me and get me temporarily banned. I've seen them report posts that are several years old. Given the volume of posts I make on any given day, it took them time to do it.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2021, 12:42:35 PM »
Democrats are vile, spiteful and hateful creatures.....

Man, that pretty much says it all.

I'm fortunate in that I've shot off my mouth s-o-o-o-o-o-o many times since the beginnings of message boards on the internet, it would take malicious "sleuths" years to track down everything I've said.

And then in the end, it wouldn't make any difference.  With no credit report, no bank or other loans, no legal records, no internet persona particularly important to me, and most of all no people who could be hurt by their association with me, even my most outrageous comments the past twenty-five years--and as God knows, I've made plenty of those--could hardly do any injury to me.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2021, 01:46:04 PM »
A determined hacker will get the information any way they can.  Going to closed forums won't do much to avoid that.  I believe I was once told "never say or write anything you don't want to see in the morning paper." 

To quote a once famous first lady "What difference does it make.?"

< watch this space for coming distractions >