Author Topic: AL SoS says Democratic convention too late to get Biden on ballot  (Read 702 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100218850229

And it looks like the dems just keep messing up.  They were awfully quick to cheer (and still are) when they hear that some SoS has decided to keep Trump off the ballot for a crime he's never even been charged with, let alone convicted of.  And here there are actual rules in place about the dates and the dems have missed them and are crying foul.  Imagine that.

struggle4progress (118,115 posts)

Wed Apr 10, 2024, 06:42 AM

RECOMMEND

AL SoS says Democratic convention too late to get Biden on ballot

Updated: Apr. 09, 2024, 10:16 p.m.|Published: Apr. 09, 2024, 1:50 p.m.
By Mike Cason

Alabama Secretary of State Wes Allen has notified the state and national Democratic parties that the scheduled date of the Democratic National Convention is a few days after the deadline for the party to put its nominees for president and vice president on the ballot for the general election in November ...

Four years ago, when Republicans held their convention Aug. 24-27, the Legislature passed a bill to make a one-time change in the deadlines and accommodate the GOP ...

https://www.al.com/news/2024/04/alabama-secretary-of-state-says-democratic-convention-too-late-to-get-biden-on-ballot-this-fall.html

Lovie777 (12,116 posts)

1. He will be on the ballot....................................

samnsara (17,586 posts)

2. we need to address this NOW.....

I'm sure it's some huge VRWC to keep Joe off the ballot.  The VRWC has obviously infiltrated the DNC, that's just how good we are.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Re: AL SoS says Democratic convention too late to get Biden on ballot
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2024, 06:28:35 AM »
NCDem47 (2,244 posts)

3. Agree. Red States Monkey see. Monkey do.

Reply to samnsara (Reply #2)
Wed Apr 10, 2024, 07:26 AM

See a pattern forming here. And don't think they won't follow through with it.

Sure, AL and OH would vote Trump, but doesn't it make a mokery of the democratic process and deny the popular vote?

I kind of think that's what the USSC told Colorado, don't you?

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2024, 06:48:38 AM »
Code: [Select]
  but doesn't it make a mokery of the democratic process and deny the popular vote?
Oh, no! They’re making a mockery of the democratic process!!!
 :ohnoes:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2024, 08:05:18 AM »
Alabama Secretary of State Wes Allen has notified the state and national Democratic parties that the scheduled date of the Democratic National Convention is a few days after the deadline for the party to put its nominees for president and vice president on the ballot for the general election in November ...

Four years ago, when Republicans held their convention Aug. 24-27, the Legislature passed a bill to make a one-time change in the deadlines and accommodate the GOP ...

1. The AL legislature will probably do the same thing again, but after the Rs screwed up in 2020, maybe Dem Party leaders should have said right then something like, "Hey gals, guys, transies, queeries, non-binaries, and species-queeries, let's get a 2024 calendar and pick dates so we don't make the same mistake!"

2. The Dem Party screwed up in OH, with a law that went into effect 10 years ago. The AL deadline is at least 4 or 5 years old, and probably older. This isn't some sort of MAGApublican conspiracy, the Dem Part simply screwed up, in spite of obvious an warning.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 08:10:41 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2024, 09:29:15 AM »
There's a saying I use on the job with some frequency, that seems to apply here:

"Failure to plan on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part."

I fail to see where the Dim'Rats' failure to perform the least modicum of schedule planning matters in the slightest to me.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2024, 09:53:26 AM »
It looks like now they will have to print more ballots :thatsright: :loser:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2024, 03:20:18 PM »
2. we need to address this NOW.....

By all means, democrats should address this by being competent and planning better.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2024, 03:24:06 PM »
By all means, democrats should address this by being competent and planning better.

There you go, setting impossible standards for the Dim'Rats.

If they were capable of being competent, they wouldn't be Dim'Rats, doncha know...  :thatsright:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2024, 03:39:38 PM »
~9 hours, 6 Replies, all loons. I guess no less-loony DU-folk want to tell the loons the grossly obvious fact that the DNC F'ed up and that this and the Ohio situation are not MAGApublican vote suppression conspiracies.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2024, 05:01:43 PM »
And the obvious thing that escapes them is that they can just write in the names of anyone on the ballot. But hey being the educated bunch that they are they might get around to in on Election Day Nov. 6th. 
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"