Author Topic: All Star Game heads into the 12th  (Read 2523 times)

Offline ReardenSteel

All Star Game heads into the 12th
« on: July 15, 2008, 11:26:02 PM »
Oh my, oh my. This has been a fun game to watch. However, if they go to 14 I could very easily run out of beer!  :o

(gunna be hurtin' tom.. later today!)  :-)
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: All Star Game heads into the 12th
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 11:30:32 PM »
Oh my, oh my. This has been a fun game to watch. However, if they go to 14 I could very easily run out of beer!  :o

You should always have extra beer around, Rearden.  :-)
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 11:45:10 PM »
Thirteen....
This is just ridiculous.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 11:47:31 PM »

Fair enough man but this game just entered the 13th, lol. (I'm usually only stocked on the weekends)
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 11:52:39 PM »

Fair enough man but this game just entered the 13th, lol. (I'm usually only stocked on the weekends)

I know, just busting your chops.

I'm afraid we're going to have yet another tie.  The AL has only one pitcher left (Kazmir) and he pitched Sunday for the Rays.  If they bring him in, he might have one inning at most, then we're left with the same thing as the debacle in Milwaukee in '02.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 11:59:03 PM »

I know, just busting your chops.

I'm afraid we're going to have yet another tie.  The AL has only one pitcher left (Kazmir) and he pitched Sunday for the Rays.  If they bring him in, he might have one inning at most, then we're left with the same thing as the debacle in Milwaukee in '02.

Uggla can still blow it.  :lmao:

On edit:

I typed that, sat back down and watched his 3rd error of the night.  :rotf: :rotf:
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 12:01:06 AM by ReardenSteel »

- Ayn Rand

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 12:06:05 AM »
Come on NL!!!

14th starting and I got 2 beers left though I'm pretty farking tipsy. Win and send me to bed!  :cheersmate:

- Ayn Rand

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2008, 12:16:53 AM »
Come on NL!!!

14th starting and I got 2 beers left though I'm pretty farking tipsy. Win and send me to bed!  :cheersmate:

Pretty rough to face an ace like Brandon Webb in the 14th.

And on to the 15th. :thatsright:

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2008, 12:37:34 AM »
Dang!

Good game.

Night all.

:yawn:

- Ayn Rand

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2008, 12:42:20 AM »
I like baseball, but this was just ridiculous, almost a 5-hour game ending at 1:38 am.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.