Author Topic: So if Trump's tax case goes to the Supremes, how will they vote?  (Read 682 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
So if Trump's tax case goes to the Supremes, how will they vote?
« on: November 04, 2019, 06:16:03 PM »
Star Member Stinky The Clown (60,895 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212653954

So if Trump's tax case goes to the Supremes, how will they vote?
I'm thinking he loses. I think it will be at least 5-4 and maybe better. Its John Roberts' court and I think he's concerned about his rep in history. He will do the right thing and uphold the lower court. I actually think BooferBeerBoy will vote against him so as to demonstrate independence. Not as sure about Gorsuch.

I think Slappy will side with MalevolentMango. Not sure about anyone else.

There is no justification in the lower court's ruling to uphold the verdict.

Star Member The Velveteen Ocelot (76,103 posts)

1. I also think he loses.

The reasoning and authority underlying the Court of Appeals' opinion are really solid; the Supremes would have to overturn an awful lot of established law to decide differently. And I hope Roberts assigns Kavanaugh to write the opinion because it would make Fat Nixon's head explode. There would be an epic Twitter fit in which he threatens to fire the whole Supreme Court (except maybe for Thomas), which of course he can't do. Or at least he will accuse them of being compromised Democrats in the employ of the Deep State, George Soros and/or Ukraine.

there is no law MANDATING anyone turn over their tax information to the government for 'vetting' purposes.

Star Member rampartc (2,067 posts)

3. trump wins 5-4

and future presidents become entirely above the law, for as long as they can sieze (by any means) and hold power.

obviously (by federalist society standards) the original intent of the founders was an unchecked unitary executive with compliant legislature and rubber stamp courts.

feseralist society : Gorsuch, Alito, Roberts, Clarence Thomas
trump loyalist : kavanaugh

:whatever:

Star Member The Velveteen Ocelot (76,103 posts)

8. Nope. Read the opinion. It's solid.

There's a pretty good chance the Supremes won't even hear the case - the 2nd Circuit drafted their opinion so carefully and narrowly that I think they did it on purpose so certiorari wouldn't be granted.

:lol:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: So if Trump's tax case goes to the Supremes, how will they vote?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2019, 01:17:51 AM »
Did that racist **** refer to Justice Thomas as "slappy"?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2019, 05:12:20 AM »

The sparkling old dude was a pal of the late Elijah Cummings, so probably could get away with it.

What's odd is that the sparkling old dude's much-younger trophy wife doesn't care much for black people herself.  One wonders how she got along with the late Elijah.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2019, 06:35:21 AM »
It's The President's old accounting-firm that's being sued.

And they told the lower-Court they'll cooperate, which is all they needed to do.  The Court's good with that.  It's up to the prosecutors to do the heavy shitting about it because what they're essentially getting is a 'bootlegged' copy of his taxes. 

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2019, 08:55:19 AM »

Justice Thomas is off Simon Demgree's plantation, so Stinkbo has to punish him.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.