Current Events > Nationalized Health Care and Its Potential Horrors

We told you so.

(1/3) > >>

Wineslob:
I thought I'd relay a personal experience with O'care.

A family friend, more of my wife's than mine, has had "internal" issues for well over a year. She went in just over a year ago for bleeding (stool). Doc's check her out,"your'e fine" is the verdict.  Jump forward to last week, the bleeding started up again, and a bit worse. She has a colonoscopy done and they find a "thumb sized" tumor. The biopsy comes back positive for cancer.
She and her family on on Covered California insurance. Her doc sends in the request(s) for what's necessary to go forward with treatment, scans, operation, etc.

He gets back, and I'm not kidding, 'Well, how bad is it? Does she really need the procedure(s)?

Welcome to the Death Panels.

Eupher:
With dwindling resources since the payers aren't there (yet), I'm completely shocked, SHOCKED, I tell you, to hear this.

I wish your family friend well, WS. No BS to that.

Dori:
I hope she gets this resolved quickly.  This needs to get to the media..PRONTO

Gina:
 :(

Wineslob:
Well, I hope things work out. She's got 2 kids, one about my daughters age and a son who's a bit under. She's only in her late 40's.
I'm told her Doc is LIVID with the system doing this. I think the next step is a CT scan, see if it's spread, and then the operation. They say judging from the oscopy it's operable, but they don't know the extent (if any) yet.

I think they'll just drag this along for a little bit and then acquiesce, her doctor is pretty pissed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version