Current Events > Global Warming, Its Myths and Its Truths

Next News Headlines 'Global Warming Causes Hangnails,and Flat feet !'

(1/1)

megimoo:
Global warming may lead to an increase in kidney stones disease, says a new study. Dehydration has been linked to stone disease, mainly in warmer climates, and global warming will worsen this effect, according to the researchers. As a result, the prevalence of stone disease may increase, along with the costs of treating the condition. Using published data to determine the temperature-dependence of stone disease, researchers applied predictions of temperature increase to determine the impact of global warming on the incidence and cost of stone disease in the United States. The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change...

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/india-news/global-warming-may-increase-prevalence-of-kidney-stones-disease_10049007.html

Randy:

--- Quote from: megimoo on May 17, 2008, 07:59:07 AM ---Global warming may lead to an increase in kidney stones disease, says a new study. Dehydration has been linked to stone disease, mainly in warmer climates, and global warming will worsen this effect, according to the researchers. As a result, the prevalence of stone disease may increase, along with the costs of treating the condition. Using published data to determine the temperature-dependence of stone disease, researchers applied predictions of temperature increase to determine the impact of global warming on the incidence and cost of stone disease in the United States. The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change...

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/india-news/global-warming-may-increase-prevalence-of-kidney-stones-disease_10049007.html

--- End quote ---

Nooooo everyone knows the more a procedure is done the cheaper it gets. Those lithotripters aren't cheap and the more they get used the cost per zap goes down. Look at laser eye surgery. It's cheap now and you can even get it financed.

DumbAss Tanker:
...Followed by "Women, minorities most affected!"

:whatever:

Dixie*Darling:

--- Quote from: DumbAss Tanker on May 17, 2008, 02:10:38 PM ---...Followed by "Women, minorities most affected!"

:whatever:

--- End quote ---

Global warming gives me a headache. 
Affirmative Action makes my PMS flair up before/during and after.
Now I need gubmint fundage for Goody powders, Midol and tampons.  I'll be looking for my check to come in the mail.

Lord Undies:
Since the last two years have been some of the coolest in recorded history, I guess you folks prone to stones can relax. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version