Author Topic: Shake rattle and roll in the Mid_Western America's  (Read 984 times)

Offline megimoo

Shake rattle and roll in the Mid_Western America's
« on: April 21, 2008, 08:13:56 AM »
Another largish Midwest aftershock (just now)

Monday, April 21, 2008 at 12:38:30 AM at epicenter Location 38.473°N, 87.823°W Depth 10 km (6.2 miles) set by location program Region ILLINOIS Distances * 8 km (5 miles) NW (323°) from Mount Carmel, IL * 12 km (7 miles) WSW (238°) from Allendale, IL * 12 km (8 miles) NE (37°) from Bellmont, IL * 35 km (22 miles) SW (230°) from Vincennes, IN * 60 km (37 miles) NNW (337°) from Evansville, IN * 211 km (131 miles) E (94°) from St. Louis, MO Location Uncertainty...

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsus/Quakes/us2008rcar.php

comments:

11 Aftershocks Reported In Illinois After Quake
Seismologists say at least 11 aftershocks have been reported in Illinois since a 5.2 magnitude quake startled residents from Milwaukee to Atlanta. via KSDK NewsChannel 5

Families Left Homelss After Quake
“I got stuff in there that you can't replace. And they expect me to sit back and say, 'Okay, I'll just take it as a loss.' No. ”

CARMEL, IL - It's the day after an earthquake hit the Tri-State and some families are now without a home.

Nope, you weren't dreaming

“You don't feel a magnitude 5 quake in California in nearly as big a region as you do in Illinois”

A massive rock formation 7 miles below West Salem, Ill., moved just an inch or so at 4:36 a.m. Friday, but that was enough to cause the 5.2 magnitude earthquake that broke windows and cracked walls near the ... via WGN-TV Chicago

Mount Carmel, IL
   Saturday

Did you feel it? Earthquake affects folks in different ways
“It wasn't even a rumble. I could hear things shaking a little bit. It was very subtle but unusual that time of day.”

Seven miles below the earth, giant tectonic plates moved just before dawn Friday, sending seismic waves across the Midwest and registering 5.2 on the Richter scale.

"Earthquake centered on Illinois/Indiana border felt in Michigan"

“It shook our house where it woke me up”

A strong earthquake that rattled parts of southern Illinois and Indiana early this morning was felt in the Grand Rapids area, about 320 miles away. via MLive.com

« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 08:18:03 AM by megimoo »