Author Topic: Clinton Slams Democratic Activists At Private Fundraiser,Hill is Toast  (Read 2085 times)

Offline megimoo

At a small closed-door fundraiser after Super Tuesday, Sen. Hillary Clinton blamed what she called the "activist base" of the Democratic Party -- and MoveOn.org in particular -- for many of her electoral defeats, saying activists had "flooded" state caucuses and "intimidated" her supporters, according to an audio recording of the event obtained by The Huffington Post.

"Moveon.org endorsed [Sen. Barack Obama] -- which is like a gusher of money that never seems to slow down," Clinton said to a meeting of donors. "We have been less successful in caucuses because it brings out the activist base of the Democratic Party. MoveOn didn't even want us to go into Afghanistan. I mean, that's what we're dealing with. And you know they turn out in great numbers. And they are very driven by their view of our positions, and it's primarily national security and foreign policy that drives them. I don't agree with them. They know I don't agree with them. So they flood into these caucuses and dominate them and really intimidate people who actually show up to support me."

Listen to the audio below:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/celeste-fremon/clinton-slams-democratic_b_97484.html

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
I thought MoveOn was a Clinton, Inc. organization.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Cindie

I think it's much more of a Soros Inc. organization.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

Cindie

But she did take credit for it.  Wonder how she feels about that now. 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lauri

Cindie

oh gosh no, Soros just floods money across whatever politician he thinks he can buy. it used to be the Clintons when they were in the White House.. now he knows the Clintons probably cant win, so he's pouring money into Obama.

but finding that money will be difficult because of McCain/Feingold and how many different layers of companies that Soros hides behind.

and just to put a finer point on it, Soros just made a few billion betting that the US economy would take a huge hit in the housing market. He and two other guys betted against the country they live in, hoping for an economic failure. Why Hillary doesnt come out and expose this guy is beyond me. If he's turned tail for the other side, she should do that scorched earth policy on him like she is used to doing.

Offline megimoo

Cindie

oh gosh no, Soros just floods money across whatever politician he thinks he can buy. it used to be the Clintons when they were in the White House.. now he knows the Clintons probably cant win, so he's pouring money into Obama.

but finding that money will be difficult because of McCain/Feingold and how many different layers of companies that Soros hides behind.

and just to put a finer point on it, Soros just made a few billion betting that the US economy would take a huge hit in the housing market. He and two other guys betted against the country they live in, hoping for an economic failure. Why Hillary doesnt come out and expose this guy is beyond me. If he's turned tail for the other side, she should do that scorched earth policy on him like she is used to doing.
THe whole Dimocrat party organization is like a spidersweb of interlocking directories with Soros and his money right at the middle.The Clintons are old news now that America has their number and the party is ready to jettison Hillary as unelectable and go with Obama as they fear a McCain default win .

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
Lordy.

It's like watching Lassie knocking Timmy down and starting to eat him.

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline megimoo

Lordy.

More like the male black widow eating the female !

Offline megimoo

Lordy.

MoveOn started in 1998 as an email group, MoveOn.org, created by computer entrepreneurs Joan Blades and Wes Boyd, the married cofounders of Berkeley Systems.
Goerge Soros is their 'honey pot'.

So HIillary is the founder of Media Matters?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHTydb5js...
It is about 2:38 into tape if don't want to listen to all of it.So the Rush and Bill smear is OK by liberals.Gee I wonder how much of the Mainstream Media is going to report this?
My guess they are now asking Hillary or Soros for premission

Media Matters' founder and CEO is David Brock. A reporter for the conservative magazine The American Spectator in the 1990s, Brock (in the aftermath of his biography of Hillary Clinton that brought disastrous reviews) engaged in a public self-denunciation, characterizing all his past writings critical of liberal figures as a confection of lies and slanders. In Brock's present judgment, the mainstream media have fallen under the sway of conservative ideology. He believes that conservatives have moved the mainstream media "to the right and therefore they've moved American politics to the right. … I wanted to create an institution [Media Matters] to combat what they're doing."

Standing behind Brock was John Podesta, a former chief of staff in the Clinton administration and the head of the "progressive" Washington, DC think tank, the Center for American Progress. In 2004 Podesta provided Brock with office space for his fledgling enterprise. Soon after, Media Matters received over $2 million in seed donations from a roster of affluent donors including Leo Hindery Jr., a former cable magnate; Susie Tompkins Buell, a co-founder of the fashion company Esprit and a close ally of Senator Hillary Clinton; James Hormel, a San Francisco philanthropist who nearly served as ambassador to Luxembourg during the Clinton administration; Bren Simon, a Democratic activist and the wife of shopping-mall developer Mel Simon; and New York psychologist and philanthropist Gail Furman. Media Matters, which can accept tax-deductible contributions under section 501(c)(3) of the tax code, has also benefited from the patronage of Peter Lewis, chairman of Progressive Corporation and a longtime consort of leftist financier George Soros.

Offline Lauri

Cindie

THe whole Dimocrat party organization is like a spidersweb of interlocking directories with Soros and his money right at the middle.The Clintons are old news now that America has their number and the party is ready to jettison Hillary as unelectable and go with Obama as they fear a McCain default win .

yep, but if it drains away a few more hundred million from Soros, that's swell with me.

remember, he put almost 350 million into trying to unseat Bush in 2004? let's hope he doubles or triples that amount this time..

Offline Lauri

Re: Clinton Slams Democratic Activists At Private Fundraiser,Hill is Toast
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2008, 10:37:14 AM »
Lordy.

MoveOn started in 1998 as an email group, MoveOn.org, created by computer entrepreneurs Joan Blades and Wes Boyd, the married cofounders of Berkeley Systems.
Goerge Soros is their 'honey pot'.

So HIillary is the founder of Media Matters?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHTydb5js...
It is about 2:38 into tape if don't want to listen to all of it.So the Rush and Bill smear is OK by liberals.Gee I wonder how much of the Mainstream Media is going to report this?
My guess they are now asking Hillary or Soros for premission

Media Matters' founder and CEO is David Brock. A reporter for the conservative magazine The American Spectator in the 1990s, Brock (in the aftermath of his biography of Hillary Clinton that brought disastrous reviews) engaged in a public self-denunciation, characterizing all his past writings critical of liberal figures as a confection of lies and slanders. In Brock's present judgment, the mainstream media have fallen under the sway of conservative ideology. He believes that conservatives have moved the mainstream media "to the right and therefore they've moved American politics to the right. … I wanted to create an institution [Media Matters] to combat what they're doing."

Standing behind Brock was John Podesta, a former chief of staff in the Clinton administration and the head of the "progressive" Washington, DC think tank, the Center for American Progress. In 2004 Podesta provided Brock with office space for his fledgling enterprise. Soon after, Media Matters received over $2 million in seed donations from a roster of affluent donors including Leo Hindery Jr., a former cable magnate; Susie Tompkins Buell, a co-founder of the fashion company Esprit and a close ally of Senator Hillary Clinton; James Hormel, a San Francisco philanthropist who nearly served as ambassador to Luxembourg during the Clinton administration; Bren Simon, a Democratic activist and the wife of shopping-mall developer Mel Simon; and New York psychologist and philanthropist Gail Furman. Media Matters, which can accept tax-deductible contributions under section 501(c)(3) of the tax code, has also benefited from the patronage of Peter Lewis, chairman of Progressive Corporation and a longtime consort of leftist financier George Soros.

and to make it all even more convoluted, Soros is starting to step aside and leave the day to day operations stuff to his two sons..

its amazing to me he operates so well under the radar; he has caused tremendous economic hardships in this country (shorting the dollar in the 90s with Bill Clinton's blessing) and wrecking economies of struggling countries. where he was smart was giving money to politicians for decades so none of them can really come after him without being exposed themselves.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2008, 01:09:16 PM »
Soros, ugh.

Funny how Hillary is crying foul NOW.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2008, 01:23:06 PM »
Soros, ugh.

I think it's funny watching Hillary as Micky Mouse dealing with all the damn brooms she helped animate.

Karmas a bitch.

So's she for that matter.

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2008, 01:49:22 PM »
Soros, ugh.

I think it's funny watching Hillary as Micky Mouse dealing with all the damn brooms she helped animate.

Karmas a bitch.

So's she for that matter.

People are not afraid of the Clintons any longer. Back in their power days you did what you were told if you were a Clinton supporter, it's not that way now. The Clintons have lost their power over people, it's good to see.

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2008, 02:42:28 PM »

Cindie

But she did take credit for it.  Wonder how she feels about that now. 

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

gasp-pant-gasp

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH....

Dude, yer killin' me!  What HASN'T she taken credit for?!?

:rotf:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.