Author Topic: Taxpayer funded flash cards - 'Name one benefit of being an American citizen'  (Read 948 times)

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
A Hill source tipped me off to government-funded “civics flash cards” that DHS is distributing to immigrants seeking to gain US citizenship.

One of the cards asks foreigners to name one benefit of being an American citizen. One card’s answer mentions the right to vote. Good so far.

But take a look at this one, which stands JFK’s famous admonition on its head. Ask not what you can do for America, ask what America can do for you. Gimme, gimme, gimme!

PICTURE AT LINK -
http://michellemalkin.com/2008/04/18/taxpayer-funded-flash-cards-name-one-benefit-of-being-a-citizen-of-the-united-states/

Yeah. That’s right. Your tax dollars are supporting flash cards that coach non-citizens to say that the most cherished benefits of living in the U.S. are government jobs, US passports, and immigration rights for family members.

And you wonder why the open-borders entitlement mentality is so prevalent.

How about printing this on a flash card?

Entry into this country is a privilege, not a right.

Photoshop, anyone? We can print them up and send them to DHS’s Citizenship and Immigration Services agency.

You can view the entire flash card set via malkin's site. Take note of the question on page 45 about the United Nations, too. Send in your suggestions for new cards or rewrites.
http://michellemalkin.com/

:thatsright:
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Dixie*Darling

They are printed in English.  How the hell are Jose and Maria gonna be able to read them? 

I know!  Print 'em on every boxed or canned good made!  Those are already offered in Spanish!   :thatsright:

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
Or call any 800 number and refrain from pressing 1.

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Or call any 800 number and refrain from pressing 1.
Last week, when all the AA shit broke loose, I was completely unable to get through to the Executive Platinum desk (their highest level).  I was tempted to press 1, then see if anyone answered, then talking to them in English anyway (interestingly, I called the Admiral's Club and was helped by a very nice person in San Juan Puerto Rico). 

Here in L.A., I make it a point to always speak English when I go to a taurante authentico Mexicano.  And really, really vertical English.  I can certainly speak Spanish enough to order food and I do so on my many trips to Mexico, but here -- you are in my Country, you speak our Language. When I am in your country, I do the same.

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator