Author Topic: Global Hustle  (Read 658 times)

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
Global Hustle
« on: April 18, 2008, 08:23:59 AM »
Global Hustle

Let me preface this by saying that I truly believe we should take better care of the planet we live on.

In my book companies who try to hide their poisonous waste in landfills should be severely dealt with.

I recycle, I don't litter and I believe that the rain forest should be preserved.

I think pouring toxins into our streams and rivers is tantamount to a criminal act.

But there is no way I am going to buy into global warming as anything but a blatant attempt to control industry, take freedom away from the people and put political power into the hands of a bunch of elitist wimps who would like nothing better than to tell America what to do, how to think and how many trips they can make to the bathroom every day.

People, this is nothing but a bald faced power grab using flawed science and scare tactics aided by a lap dog media and opportunist politicians and globalists who see a way to squeeze America a little more.

If Al Gore and his disciples are so convinced they are right, why won't they let the other side be heard? Why do they suppress scientific information that proves them to be wrong about global warming? If their theory, and people it's nothing more than that, a theory, and if it is right why can't it stand the light of debate? Why not have a nationally televised debate letting both sides have their say?

I'll tell you why not. It's because they can't stand the white hot light of the real truth. There are just as many imminent scientists who are anti global warming as pro global warming. The problem is that the ones who don't support global warming cannot find a forum to be heard in and the rest are afraid of losing their grant money.

If global warming is so imminent why isn't Al Gore spending his time in China where they are opening a new coal fired power plant every few days and the pollution problem is much worse and less attended to than anywhere in the western world. China lives in a perpetual cloud of gray pollution and the problem is only going to get worse as they have to create twenty five million new jobs a year.

And the biggest hoax and the silliest proposal of all, carbon credits. This is just downright dumb.

If one company or individual doesn't create their quota of carbon emissions in a year's time they can sell their shortfall to someone who creates more than their quota. Let's take a look at this.

Hypothetical situation -

Company A has a carbon emissions quota of 100 tons a year, but they only emit 75 tons.

Company B has a carbon emissions quota of 100 tons a year but they surpass their quota and emit 125 tons.

Company A sells company B their 25-ton shortfall and company B is in compliance with the carbon emissions law.

If Company A and Company B both emitted their legal allowance of 100 tons a year, how much carbon emission would that be?

Company A - 100 tons
Company B - 100 tons
----------------
Equals 200 tons

Hypothetical 2

Company A emits 75 tons and sells company B their 25 ton short fall.

Company A - 75 tons
Company B - 125 tons
----------------
Equals 200 tons

It might not make a whit of difference in the carbon emissions but it sure will make Al Gore and the Hollywood bunch feel good about themselves.

Pray for our troops

What do you think?

God bless America

Charlie Daniels

April 7, 2008
The truth doesn't have to hurt.
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: Global Hustle
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 09:01:55 AM »
I love him. He'd make a great politician. For about a day. Washington folks can't handle the truth. :-)
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle