Author Topic: No forgiving Charlton Heston  (Read 1349 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
No forgiving Charlton Heston
« on: April 09, 2008, 09:09:35 PM »
No forgiving Charlton Heston
Brian Fitzpatrick - Guest Columnist - 4/8/2008 2:15:00 PM
One News Now

My grandfather was a college football star who even played for the NFL champs back in 1928, so I was looking forward to seeing George Clooney’s new 1920s football movie, Leatherheads, this weekend. That’s before I found out how Clooney, like many lefties in Hollywood and the news media, had treated the late Charlton Heston.

Clooney’s offense took place a few years back. According to Life Site News, “For his conservative stands, however, Heston was attacked and reviled by his Hollywood colleagues. In 2003 actor and leftist political activist George Clooney joked about Heston’s illness [Alzheimer’s disease], and, after Heston criticized him for the remark, he retorted, 'I don’t care. Charlton Heston is the head of the National Rifle Association. He deserves whatever anyone says about him.'”

Making fun of somebody with Alzheimer’s disease and feeling no remorse is about as low as it gets, but it isn’t all that surprising in this case.  To Clooney, Heston’s embrace of conservative orthodoxy on the Second Amendment made him worse than persona non grata.  He became subhuman, not even deserving of the most basic courtesies.

Full Article

============================================

Charlton Heston is a great man. He is the American Idol and the real McCoy. He represented what made America great. He served in World War II and was involved in the Civil Rights Movement, which few in Hollywood were involved.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline djones520

Re: No forgiving Charlton Heston
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 09:27:01 PM »
George Clooney is what I like to refer to as a "waste of sperm".
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 09:27:24 PM »
George Looney is what I like to refer to as a "waste of sperm".

*FIXED*
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 10:37:35 PM »
He was alright in Return of the Killer Tomatoes but, sadly for him, that is where his career peaked.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 11:09:20 PM »
He was alright in Return of the Killer Tomatoes but, sadly for him, that is where his career peaked.

Actualy he peaked in Syriana,especially where his charater got a Hellfire enema at the end of the movie. The best ending of one of his movies yet.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 11:44:12 PM »

Actualy he peaked in Syriana,especially where his charater got a Hellfire enema at the end of the movie. The best ending of one of his movies yet.
I don't know, once you go up against a bunch of maneating, blood thirsty, killer tomatoes, where is there for your career to go?  Plus, John Astin was in that movie.  They don't come better than that.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 11:49:02 PM »
'Leatherheads' sacked at box office

BY BILL HUTCHINSON
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Monday, April 7th 2008, 4:00 AM
George Clooney and John Krasinski in 'Leatherheads.'

George Clooney and John Krasinski in 'Leatherheads.'

George Clooney got sacked at the box office.

The Hollywood star poured his heart and soul into the football comedy "Leatherheads," but it drew measly crowds in theaters and earned a paltry $13.5 million on its opening weekend.

"I'm disappointed for us; I'm disappointed for George," said Nikki Rocco of Universal Pictures, which released the film.

"I think he's a great guy and think he's got tons of directing talent," Rocco said. "I wish I could ... tell you what went wrong."

Clooney directed, helped write and co-starred in the much-hyped gridiron flick, but it fell way short of the goal line with moviegoers.

Hollywood honchos were left to wonder about the wisdom of releasing a football movie during college basketball's Final Four semifinals and the first week of baseball season.

"I do think the basketball playoffs hurt attendance in the big cities," Rocco said.

"Leatherheads" opened in second place behind Kevin Spacey's gambling tale "21," which earned $15 million in its second week of release.

Now, "Leatherheads," which cost $58 million to make, runs the risk of becoming Clooney's first big flop.

More than half of the audience for "Leatherheads" was 40 and older, a demographic group that tends not to rush to see a film as soon as it opens, Rocco said.

Overall, year-to-date revenues for the movie business is down 1.75% from last year.

In another grim sign for Clooney, "Leatherheads" even did worse than previous debuts of films in the funny football genre, with far less star power.

The Rock's "Gridiron Gang" earned $17 million in its 2006 opening, and Adam Sandler's "The Waterboy" fetched $39 million in its first weekend in 1998.

The screwball comedy is Clooney's third attempt at directing. The last film he directed, "Good Night, and Good Luck" garnered him a nomination for best director at the 2006 Academy Awards.

"Leatherheads" just nudged out Jodie Foster's family tale, "Nim's Island," which came in third, earning $13.3 million at the box office.

"Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears a Who!" came in fourth place with $9.1 million.

whutchinson@nydailynews.com

He he he.

Maybe being a liberal asshole with big eyelashes doesn't pay off in the long run.

Just ask Jeanie Garafalo.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.