Current Events > Nationalized Health Care and Its Potential Horrors

Amish, Muslims to be excused from Obamacare mandate?

(1/3) > >>

Alpha Mare:
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2010/03/amish_muslims_to_be_excused_fr.html

--- Quote ---The Senate health care bill just signed contains some exemptions to the "pay-or-play" mandate requiring purchase of Obamacare-approved health insurance or payment of a penalty fine. As Fox News has pointed out, for instance, the Amish are excused from the mandate:

So while most Americans would be required to sign up with insurance companies or government insurance plans, the church would serve as something of an informal insurance plan for the Amish.

"Here the statute is going to say that people who are conscientiously opposed to paying for health insurance don't have to do it where the conscientious objection arises from religion," said Mark Tushnet a Harvard law professor. "And that's perfectly constitutional."

Apparently, this exemption will apply similarly to believers in Islam, which considers health insurance - and, for that matter, any form of risk insurance - to be haraam (forbidden).

"Health insurance is haraam like other types of commercial insurance, because it is based on ambiguity, gambling and riba (usury). This is what is stated in fatwas by the senior scholars."

--- End quote ---

I'm conscientiously opposed to abortion, so I'm exempt too.

JohnnyReb:
Does that mean muslims are driving around without car insurance (liability) too?

LC EFA:
If I were to consider murdering all the infidels as part of my religion would I get an exemption should I act on those beliefs ?

What's good for the goose ....

thundley4:

--- Quote from: JohnnyReb on March 26, 2010, 05:11:25 AM ---Does that mean muslims are driving around without car insurance (liability) too?

--- End quote ---

I don't know about other states, but Illinois will exempt anyone if they have proof of having a certain amount of funds available to cover damages for liability.

debk:

--- Quote from: Alpha Mare on March 26, 2010, 02:52:12 AM ---http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2010/03/amish_muslims_to_be_excused_fr.html

I'm conscientiously opposed to abortion, so I'm exempt too.

--- End quote ---

If religious beliefs is an exemption....I'm Catholic.

The Catholic Church forbids abortion.

Guess that's going to let me out too.... :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version