Current Events > General Discussion

Slow Morning in Here ...

(1/2) > >>

ABC-2:
With the exception of Mary Ann, (thanks) nothing much to read for some reason.

Good time for me to mention my new 'Signature' below my posts.   :rotf:

And ask what you think of what Ben Franklin had to say.

--- Quote ---“Make Yourself Sheep and the Wolves Will Eat You” ~ Ben Franklin

" Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety” ~ Ben Franklin
--- End quote ---

Eupher:

--- Quote from: ABC-2 on January 23, 2022, 09:38:35 AM ---With the exception of Mary Ann, (thanks) nothing much to read for some reason.

Good time for me to mention my new 'Signature' below my posts.   :rotf:

And ask what you think of what Ben Franklin had to say.

--- End quote ---

Good ol' Ben. Writer of many such witticisms, not the least of which when replying to a lady after she asked, "Well, what have you given us?" and his response, "A Republic, ma'am, if you can keep it."

I'm not sure we have what Ben and his colleagues gave us that day in 1787. I think we've squandered a lot of it. Ben was prescient in many, many ways.

And I note that Ben Franklin lived on Craven St. in London from about 1757 till 1775, a long time indeed.

enslaved1:
I love the safety vs freedom one.  Freedom means things may, and probably will go wrong.  Freedom means the ability to make poor choices and to take chances that might blow up in your face.  Safety means letting someone else take care of everything for you, cause that's as close to "nothing bad happening" as one can theoretically get, theoretically cause even then, whether it's enacted on a small personal scale or a large national scale, bad things usually still happen.  Here on this Earth, I'll take freedom every time. 

Too bad we are generating way too many ignoranuses that cannot understand those concepts, and many of them are getting moved into various positions of power. 

ABC-2:

--- Quote from: Eupher on January 23, 2022, 10:39:53 AM ---Good ol' Ben. Writer of many such witticisms, not the least of which when replying to a lady after she asked, "Well, what have you given us?" and his response, "A Republic, ma'am, if you can keep it."

--- End quote ---

Thanks Eupher ...

May I have permission to put that in my sig line as well, giving you credit by adding "~ Eupher" at the end?  :-)

Will any way!   :lmao:   As I believe is ...

"Better to beg forgiveness ...

Than to ask permission!!!"

ABC  :rotf:

ABC-2:

--- Quote --- From "enslaved1." Here on this Earth, I'll take freedom every time. 

Too bad we are generating way too many ignoranuses that cannot understand those concepts, and many of them are getting moved into various positions of power.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for your comments "enslaved1."  I too wish more (especially the every-day fools on the left) could one day understand the concept as well.

As for those in power who actually live to enslave us all ...  :argh:

May they all go to hell! 

ABC  :hi5:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version