Author Topic: Archive: Director of "A Christmas Story" killed by illegal alien drunk in 2007  (Read 323 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
April 7, 2007

Though the 1983 movie A Christmas Story did not make much of an impression when it was initially released, it has since become a perennial holiday favorite with families across the country. We are not only treated to Ralphie’s hilarious quest to obtain a Red Ryder BB gun, but the film also reminds us at least a little, of our own childhood Christmases past.

While most of us are familiar with the cult classic, many may not know the tragic way in which the director of A Christmas Story, Bob Clark, died … He was killed by a drunk-driving illegal alien.

On April 4, 2007, the 65-year-old director was traveling along the Pacific Coast Highway with his son, Ariel Hanrath-Clark, 22, when an SUV veered into oncoming traffic, causing a head-on collision with Clark’s vehicle. Both father and son died at the scene.

The driver of that SUV was Hector Velazquez-Nava, a previously deported Mexican national living in Los Angeles. He had 0.24 blood-alcohol level—three times the legal limit.

The illegal alien had no driver’s license and had a 2004 conviction for solicitation of a prostitute in Los Angeles. For that conviction, Velazquez-Nava was sentenced to 24 months’ probation and a $1,500 fine.

Of course, since Los Angeles is a ‘sanctuary city,’ that protects criminal aliens from being turned over to ICE for deportation, Velazquez-Nava was simply released back onto the streets to cause more mayhem. In this case, the grisly deaths of yet two more Americans.

On October 16, 2007, Hector Velazquez-Nava was sentenced to six years in prison after pleading no contest on two counts of gross vehicular manslaughter while intoxicated.

It is important that all of us understand the devastating impact that illegal aliens and the ‘sanctuary cities,’ which help keep them here, are having upon on our nation, and particularly upon those families who have lost loved ones due to the criminal actions of those here illegally. It is equally important to understand that the lawmakers, and various public officials whose inaction in removing those illegal aliens, are every bit as culpable for those deaths as are the illegal aliens who get behind the wheel and drive drunk every day in this country.

As you and yours undoubtedly enjoy at least a few hours of the nostalgic and heartwarming 24-hour marathon of A Christmas Story this year, please take a moment to remember the man who brought you that movie and what remains of his heartbroken family.

https://usinc.org/one-christmas-movie-carries-with-it-a-tragic-tale-about-sanctuary-cities/
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DLR Pyro

I introduced my grandson to that movie last year and now it's on our must list of movies to see during the Christmas season.

Shame about the director getting killed by a person who had no legal right to be here to cause the accident.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
I introduced my grandson to that movie last year and now it's on our must list of movies to see during the Christmas season.

Shame about the director getting killed by a person who had no legal right to be here to cause the accident.

Absolutely.  Kind of forgot about this sad story of his death.

At least the late Mr. Clark provided the world with two classic films: "A Christmas Story" and "Porky's", the latter being a classic T&A 1980's debauchery high school movie.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender