Author Topic: Uh, oh. We're in trouble now...  (Read 1892 times)

Offline Mary Ann

Uh, oh. We're in trouble now...
« on: September 09, 2020, 09:17:50 AM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100214045652
LaMouffette (187 posts)

It's time to outfox FoxNews.

I just had an idea: Trump's base has FoxNews. We have MSNBC and Free Speech TV. Both of "our" channels target an audience of college-educated (or smart enough to go to college, but took another path to a career), liberal viewers.

It's time to outfox FoxNews with a new liberal channel that mimics the whole FoxNews infotainment platform. Call it, oh, I don't know, let's say, . . . "HooterNews: News That Will Keep You UP All Night"! That would grab their attention. Then, once we have piqued their curiosity and they click on our HooterNews Channel, we will bombard them with the truth about Trump and the Republicans, but presented in a way that does not immediately tip them off that it's a liberal channel. There would be:

* Bleached-blonde news hosts in super-short dresses who cross and uncross their legs a lot.
* Interviews with World Wrestling Federation stars who are liberals, if we can find any. If we can't find any, just pay them enough to read a list of truths in an aggressive, macho manner about Trump's aberrant and abhorrent behavior.
* Conspiracy theories that are actually true (such as how the Trump family and friends stole millions from donors' 2016 inaugural funds), but presented in a gossipy way by some flamboyant TV personality, I'm thinking Wendy Williams, but for Trump's base, she would have to be white, 'natch.
* For commercials, show all the same commercials that they would see on FoxNews, even, or especially, the MyPillow guy.

Would this be sinking to the Republicans' level? Would this be propaganda? Would this be manipulative? Yes. Yes. And yes. But it would be like hiding your sick dog's medicine in a spoonful of ice cream. Deceitfulness motivated by love and concern. Because without this kind of sleight of hand, I honestly don't see how we can overcome the brainwashing to which a certain segment of the population has succumbed.
Yes! That'll do it!! Any crap read off a teleprompter by a bleach blonde in a short dress is sure to have a LOT of credibility!
CaptYossarian (5,161 posts)

1. You should run this past Stephen Colbert first.
:rotf:

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: Uh, oh. We're in trouble now...
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 09:31:37 AM »
This primitives' idea is so simpleminded and stupid they just might try it.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2020, 09:35:32 AM »
It's time to outfox FoxNews with a new liberal channel that mimics the whole FoxNews infotainment platform. Call it, oh, I don't know, let's say, . . . "HooterNews: News That Will Keep You UP All Night"!

Poppy Harlow, CNN

According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2020, 10:31:53 AM »
They actually continue to believe they are smarter than everyone else. It boggles my mind.  ::)
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2020, 11:57:48 AM »
Again, DUmmys never get tired of demonstrating to the world just how stupid they are.  In fact, they revel in it.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2020, 12:50:19 PM »
So Err America's mistake wasn't that it bored the snot out of potential listeners? ::) And femi-cancelers will be totally OK with cheesecakey presenters on this Brave New ProgNetwork? ::)
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2020, 01:57:26 PM »
LaMouffette (187 posts)

It's time to outfox FoxNews.

I just had an idea: Trump's base has FoxNews. We have MSNBC and Free Speech TV. Both of "our" channels target an audience of college-educated (or smart enough to go to college, but took another path to a career), liberal viewers.

It's time to outfox FoxNews with a new liberal channel that mimics the whole FoxNews infotainment platform. Call it, oh, I don't know, let's say, . . . "HooterNews: News That Will Keep You UP All Night"! That would grab their attention. Then, once we have piqued their curiosity and they click on our HooterNews Channel, we will bombard them with the truth about Trump and the Republicans, but presented in a way that does not immediately tip them off that it's a liberal channel. There would be:

* Bleached-blonde news hosts in super-short dresses who cross and uncross their legs a lot.
* Interviews with World Wrestling Federation stars who are liberals, if we can find any. If we can't find any, just pay them enough to read a list of truths in an aggressive, macho manner about Trump's aberrant and abhorrent behavior.
* Conspiracy theories that are actually true (such as how the Trump family and friends stole millions from donors' 2016 inaugural funds), but presented in a gossipy way by some flamboyant TV personality, I'm thinking Wendy Williams, but for Trump's base, she would have to be white, 'natch.
* For commercials, show all the same commercials that they would see on FoxNews, even, or especially, the MyPillow guy.

Would this be sinking to the Republicans' level? Would this be propaganda? Would this be manipulative? Yes. Yes. And yes. But it would be like hiding your sick dog's medicine in a spoonful of ice cream. Deceitfulness motivated by love and concern. Because without this kind of sleight of hand, I honestly don't see how we can overcome the brainwashing to which a certain segment of the population has succumbed.

DUmmie LaMouffette, what you’ve just posted is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on DU and the Cave is now dumber for having to read it. I award you no recs, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2020, 02:03:27 PM »
DUmmie LaMouffette, what you’ve just posted is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on DU and the Cave is now dumber for having to read it. I award you no recs, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Excellent movie quote and reference!!! :cheersmate:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2020, 03:08:11 PM »
DU poster forgot the most important part of their otherwise airtight plot...

Offline thundley4

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2020, 04:42:57 PM »
DUmmies really need to do a little research into the qualifications of the blonde bimbos on FNC.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2020, 04:43:38 PM »
Sounds like it will just as appealing as Samantha Bee's unwatchable rage-fueled rants.  Those have been such a super huge hit with Conservatives and Republicans, you betcha.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline jukin

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2020, 04:44:03 PM »

I never get tired of that!

HI5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2020, 04:53:49 PM »
They actually continue to believe they are smarter than everyone else. It boggles my mind.  ::)

And yet, they are the lowest wage earners.

Hmmm.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2020, 05:11:29 PM »

In other words, the DUmbass went full retard. Everyone knows you never go full retard.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2020, 07:46:23 PM »
Troll post,newbs there need to try harder.

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2020, 05:47:55 AM »
They SERIOUSLY think we'd fall for this?
They really don't know us at all.

So Err America's mistake wasn't that it bored the snot out of potential listeners? ::) And femi-cancelers will be totally OK with cheesecakey presenters on this Brave New ProgNetwork? ::)
Yep.
Air America (BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA) crashed and burned for three reasons:
1. Abysmal ratings due to the fact that, as you pointed out, it bored the snot out of potential listeners other than the most rabid of ultra- leftists, who proved to be a pretty small marketing demographic.
2. Its aforementioned bad ratings led to it being unable to attract enough sponsors to help it stay in the black.
3. Its doom was hastened by the scandals it ended up being involved with, such as its managers being exposed as having stolen money from a children's charity to try and provide additional funding.