Author Topic: Any traditional bowhunters here ?  (Read 11491 times)

Offline R_Tatum

• Probationary (Probie)
Any traditional bowhunters here ?
« on: January 20, 2013, 06:55:00 PM »
  I'm wondering if there are any traditional bowhunting cave dwellers. I have been a passionate bow hunter since about 1984, as well as a pretty accomplished traditional wood bowyer. Anyone else?

Offline Dacabeti

• Observer of the Obvious
Re: Any traditional bowhunters here ?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 11:42:27 AM »
I used to have a PSE 60" recurve set at 50lbs. I didn't hunt with it I use my Bowtech 82nd Airborne for that. I used the recurve for fishing. I'd shoot buffalo, catfish and alligator gar. I sold it when I moved to MN.
My Youngest Son's Senior Year Wrestling Highlights

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." — Thomas Jefferson

Offline R_Tatum

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 12:44:56 PM »
 I had a compound once, a very early Jennings when I started bowhunting. Loud and clunky, never could understand why people liked the damn things, LOL.

I shoot a Bigfoot Sasquatch TD recurve, 55# @ 29" draw, and a Javaman Tanjavur, 60# @ 29". I mostly hunt with my own hand made wooden bows though.

Offline CG6468

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 12:50:51 PM »
I don't hunt, but my niece south of Buffalo always gets her buck with a bow and arrow.
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 08:27:25 PM »
My husband has a bow, it looks like this...

Offline Dacabeti

• Observer of the Obvious
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 05:00:39 PM »
My husband has a bow, it looks like this...

That is a nice Bowtech.
My Youngest Son's Senior Year Wrestling Highlights

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." — Thomas Jefferson

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 09:20:43 PM »
We have a traditional bow, but only use it at blackpowder Rendezvous.  So far, we've never hunted with anything.  That will change, now that we own a few acres.   :-)

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline catsmtrods

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 09:38:25 PM »
My neighbor across the street makes them. He is forever in my back yard eying my hickory! I think he may have stolen a few?
"Liberalism is an essentially feminine, submissive world view. Perhaps a better adjective than feminine is infantile. It is the world view of men who do not have the moral toughness, the spiritual strength to stand up and do single combat with life, who cannot adjust to the reality that the world is not a huge, pink-and-blue, padded nursery in which the lions lie down with the lambs and everyone lives happily ever after."

~ Dr. William Pierce

"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?"