Author Topic: 37 VA whistle-blowers claim retaliation  (Read 715 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
37 VA whistle-blowers claim retaliation
« on: June 06, 2014, 02:00:54 PM »
Dozens of Veterans Affairs workers who have come forward with stories of mismanagement and patient abuse say they have faced retaliation within the scandal-scarred agency, according to federal investigators.

In one case, a VA employee with a spotless record over two decades was suspended after reporting patients had been inappropriately restrained, according to one of 37 such complaints filed with the U.S. Office of Special Counsel (OSC). In another case, an employee claimed to have been demoted after disclosing alleged mishandling of patient care funds. The employee was temporarily reassigned and an investigation is still ongoing, OSC officials said.

The complaints, which involved VA facilities in 19 states, appear to show a culture that discourages whistle-bowing, said officials at the OSC, which is probing the claims.

The investigation of the claims of retribution does not include a separate OSC review of 49 employee reports related to waiting lists and other issues at 152 hospitals and more than 1,700 other VA sites nationwide. Some facilities have been accused of doctoring their books to hide the fact that patients died while languishing on waiting lists to see doctors.

Fox News

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Dori

Re: 37 VA whistle-blowers claim retaliation
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 07:52:18 PM »
Sounds like what happened to the border patrol whistleblowers.

No wonder the VA has 700 lawyers.  Probably to keep everyone in line.

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline SaintLouieWoman

Re: 37 VA whistle-blowers claim retaliation
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 08:06:54 PM »
I found an article from the St Louis Post-Dispatch that I had posted on CU that said one of the doctors was banished to a basement office after being a whistle blower. I've been in that hospital so many times on sales calls when I worked in St Louis. That basement was grim. They also demoted him to being a pencil pusher from being a doc.

I'd love to find out what's out in the local papers about what's going on in the VA's around the country.

There's an absolute culture of corruption in the US now.