Author Topic: 'Joe the Plumber' loses suit over file-snooping  (Read 1072 times)

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
'Joe the Plumber' loses suit over file-snooping
« on: August 07, 2010, 02:02:08 AM »
"Joe the Plumber" has lost his fight against the state of Ohio in a decision his attorney called a "frightening" green light for government officials to snoop into people's private information.

A judge dismissed the federal lawsuit Samuel "Joe" Wurzelbacher filed against the state and three state employees who accessed his confidential information, prompting a state investigation that concluded the searches were not illegal but did violate protocol.

Mr. Wurzelbacher, also known as "Joe the Plumber" since the 2008 election threw him into the public spotlight, claimed that Helen Jones-Kelley, Doug Thompson and Fred Williams, whom the suit says were supporters of Barack Obama's presidential campaign, violated his free-speech and privacy rights by running searches of confidential information.

The Air Force-trained plumber from the Toledo area became a symbol of American small-business owners after asking Mr. Obama how the candidate's tax plan would affect his ability to buy a small business. The video of the exchange went viral and Republican John McCain picked up his cause by making several references to “Joe the Plumber” during the third presidential debate.

The three government employees named in the suit were the top-ranking workers at the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services, and had access to databases in multiple departments' databases.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/aug/5/joe-the-plumber-loses-suit-over-file-snooping/
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline thundley4

Re: 'Joe the Plumber' loses suit over file-snooping
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 03:06:29 AM »
I wonder what will happen to those state employees that released the names of illegal immigrants in Arizona. Oh wait, I believe they were already fired from their jobs.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 06:38:47 AM »
I wonder what will happen to those state employees that released the names of illegal immigrants in Arizona. Oh wait, I believe they were already fired from their jobs.
Well, of course.  How dare they look up and release information about illegal immigrants...those people have rights after all...not like worthless conservatives, especially Christian conservatives.  They aren't really human at all, you know.

:banghead:

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Godot showed up

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 09:26:16 AM »
Clinton appointee alert:

Judge Algenon L. Marbley

http://www.ohsd.uscourts.gov/judges/jmarbley.htm

"Member, John Mercer Langston Law Club"

http://www.jmlba.org/?q=history

From the JMBLA page:

"Not the Final Act
We have been lulled into thinking racism is no longer a significant issue in our society, that prejudice is not as prevalent as in the 40s, 50s, or 60s. And it may not be as blatant in some instances, but its presence must be confronted."

The usual let's-obsess-about-race-forever-even-though-we're-not-even-thinking-about-it BS.

I'd say we can take it for granted that the fix was in and there was no chance for Mr. Wurzelbacher to get a fair day in court before this judge.

Probably just the tip of the iceberg of the whole liberal enchilada for this guy. Yes, I wrote that. When you don't ever meta your mixaphors, you can critique.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 09:51:05 AM »
If it gets to the SC, I think he will win.