Author Topic: Can you over floss?  (Read 2954 times)

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
Can you over floss?
« on: July 15, 2010, 11:33:20 PM »
Ever since I had the crown/root canal trouble a couple of months ago I think I have been over doing the flossing of my teeth. Not only am I flossing in the morning and evening like you should but I have been flossing if I eat anything. I'm talking even if I chew gum. I have floss in my night stand, drawer in my bathroom, in the kitchen drawer, in my car and in my purse.

I went to the dentist the other day for her to put a perm filling in the crown she recently put on my tooth that I had to have the root canal on (I had the root canal less than a month after she put the crown on my tooth). She said my gums looked wonderful. I didn't tell her how often I was flossing but it has me a bit curious if you can over floss and irritate your gums?!?

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
Re: Can you over floss?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 12:37:40 AM »
Perhaps this is a question best asked of your Dentist and not from a bunch of laypeople on an internet forum??
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline true_blood

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 08:24:58 PM »
I usually floss just once a day and my dentist can tell that I floss and says that I'm doing a good job with my teeth.
Not sure if that helps?

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 08:29:35 PM »
I dunno, BEG.

There are at least two dozen of those little plastic dispensers of dental floss around this place, so that one's near when I need it.

I've been flossing at least four or five times a day, for decades.

The teeth and gums are excellent.
apres moi, le deluge