Author Topic: Homeland Security monitors journalists  (Read 1132 times)

Offline CG6468

Homeland Security monitors journalists
« on: January 10, 2012, 11:23:50 AM »
Homeland Security monitors journalists

Published: 07 January, 2012, 01:56

Freedom of speech might allow journalists to get away with a lot in America, but the Department of Homeland Security is on the ready to make sure that the government is keeping dibs on who is saying what.

Under the National Operations Center (NOC)’s Media Monitoring Initiative that came out of DHS headquarters in November, Washington has the written permission to retain data on users of social media and online networking platforms.

Specifically, the DHS announced the NCO and its Office of Operations Coordination and Planning (OPS) can collect personal information from news anchors, journalists, reporters or anyone who may use “traditional and/or social media in real time to keep their audience situationally aware and informed.”

According to the Department of Homeland Security’s own definition of personal identifiable information, or PII, such data could consist of any intellect “that permits the identity of an individual to be directly or indirectly inferred, including any information which is linked or linkable to that individual.” Previously established guidelines within the administration say that data could only be collected under authorization set forth by written code, but the new provisions in the NOC’s write-up means that any reporter, whether someone along the lines of Walter Cronkite or a budding blogger, can be victimized by the agency.

Also included in the roster of those subjected to the spying are government officials, domestic or not, who make public statements, private sector employees that do the same and “persons known to have been involved in major crimes of Homeland Security interest,” which to itself opens up the possibilities even wider.

Accordingly, I request that everyone here consider my posts to be ramblings of an insane idiot and intended to neither persuade nor dissuade anyone from anything. I will return that favor.   :runaway:

Looking for disrupters

Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: Homeland Security monitors journalists
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 11:59:26 PM »
"In an update, the media has responded. In a response to the alleged monitored, the media stated, 'oh, monitored by Obama? Oh, that's cool, he already has our notes and he has ours.'"
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
Re: Homeland Security monitors journalists
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 06:32:59 AM »
Accordingly, I request that everyone here consider my posts to be ramblings of an insane idiot and intended to neither persuade nor dissuade anyone from anything. I will return that favor.   :runaway:

Looking for disrupters

How things have changed, is it any wonder we have lost in Korea, Nam and now ****ed up in the M.E ?

Would we have won WW2 had the press been releasing all information of the Manhattan Project, plans for D day and bitched about war crimes committed by some of our leading  Generals.?   Would Eisenhower been relieved of duty had the report of his Mistress hit the the bible belt?   What about FDR and his affairs or word gotten out about his wife and her   " WOMAN FRIENDS"

No one takes our war seriously today, what,  National Security is  now a Joke.  They report only damaging information of our country but say little to show what the enemy is doing,  a 20 second film of atrocity's the enemy commit and a full 2 minute rant because our men pissed on a dead enemy. Unbelievable.

Truth is War is ugly, inhumane etc.   BUT we have no choice but to win a war or be taken over by the millions of enemy's out for Blood or Glory.  The last thing we need is to put us in a position of criticizing any frigging way we have to keep us safe.

Water board a known terrorist, switch this around to what would happen to a  US military woman captured by the Muslims.

So we find people from a foreign nation in Science and the Pentagon that are stealing our secrets to SELL to their home  nation.    We just ship them and our secretes back home-----Don't the Libs love that.

Now about the only people that give a shit are the parents and family's of those in harms way.  With out a direct tie to the war, the unaffected safe Liberals crow about  the few and far between Court Marshals of men that went nuts after being shot at or had to hold their best friend in their arms as they died from an enemy that they have to put down in a comfortable way.   

Getting Damn tired of this Shit, What the heck has the Politicians gotten us in now?   Why not just turn the Pentagon loose to end this crazy war, ANY FRICKEN way they can.

What is wrong with America protecting them selves from 3 rd' world dispots and when they become a threat, make big craters in those country's.   Why cannot America protect their own land from ignorant drug runners, why is some American off limits to American Citizens ?       Why not put in land mines in areas we know are used by these runners, damn mine the escape routs, close down 40 miles of highways put up signs  warning citizens to not drive that road.    Most of these roads are dirt roads and used mostly by the drug runners anyway.

We have war in the ME and war on our own land, we did not bring this on others did, why do we not just say the hell what others think about our country, when bully's come in they go out in a body bag.   Perhaps we will get the respect back we have lost in the last 50 years.