Author Topic: How is it that there is never Gun carriers...........  (Read 3008 times)

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
How is it that there is never Gun carriers...........
« on: February 05, 2008, 04:09:24 PM »
When and where they are needed.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2821644

underpants  (1000+ posts)       Tue Feb-05-08 04:44 PM
Original message
Okay how is it that there never are any gun carriers WHERE and WHEN they are "needed"?
 This hit me a few weeks ago. For all the cries about how much these horrific shootings could be stopped IF everyone EVERYONE carried a gun I can't think of a single instance in which someone with a gun was present and acted when something like this occurred.

The recent shooting of the guy in the church was by a trained security guard.

How could that possibly be?

From the shooting near Ft.Hood back in the early 90's which was IN a restaurant (no restrictions as far as I know) to anyone being near Columbine to Tech (no one NOT ONE person had a gun handy?) to the mall shooting a few months ago even the one at the Lane Bryant just a few days ago not one time was one of these mythical gun owners present.

How could that possibly be?

Primitive poo flinging idjits...............right here on display

Squatch  (1000+ posts)       Tue Feb-05-08 04:45 PM
Response to Original message
1. Luck.

smoogatz  (1000+ posts)       Tue Feb-05-08 04:48 PM
3. I've changed my mind about this whole deal.
 If/when WI passes concealed carry (we're one of two states that doesn't have it, apparently), I'll be first in line for a license to pack me some heat. I work at a public university and half my students and most of my colleagues are batshit crazy. It's waste or get wasted out there, baby. Deserve's got nothing to do with it.

My god how are you allowed to have students....................IDJIT

Lance_Boyle (1000+ posts)      Tue Feb-05-08 04:48 PM
4. Columbine, Va Tech, and other campuses are no-carry places.
 So that pretty much limits the ability of those who carry concealed weapons to be of any use there. Unknown whether the church restricted concealed carry to its own security guards, but I would not be surprised. A restaurant - assuming capacity of 50 or so - I'm not sure that 1 in 50 being a concealed carry permit holder (much less a holder who carries all the time) would be expected. Any idea what the stats are on % of population holding concealed carry permits? One in fifty would seem on the high side to me, except maybe in AZ and TX.

underpants  (1000+ posts)       Tue Feb-05-08 04:51 PM
Response to Reply #4
7. I meant that I didn't know about restrictions in Texas
 I do know that in Va. concealed weapons are not allowed in any place that has an ABC license (can sell beer and wine)

I know that Tech is a no carry place but seriously not one person anywhere in the area had a gun??? In Blacksburg??

IDJIT.......IDJIT......POO FLINGER

Warpy  (1000+ posts)       Tue Feb-05-08 04:51 PM
6. I hate to admit it, but CCW saved a woman's life here
 Edited on Tue Feb-05-08 04:52 PM by Warpy
She was attacked at work in Wally's by a soon to be ex,abusive husband with a knife. A man with a concealed weapon shot her attacker and police credit him with saving her life.

Now could the assailant have been pulled off her and subdued by that same man, with or without help? Possibly. Was there an absolute necessity for him to act as police, judge, jury and executioner? Possibly not.

However, the woman is still alive and her ex will never attack her again.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!

underpants  (1000+ posts)       Tue Feb-05-08 04:52 PM
Response to Reply #6
8. Okay
 maybe it is a matter of such incidents not being properly coverd but I doubt it.

You primitive undies belong to the new group of primitives that don't understand how American Idol can be live without the writers  :mental:
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Re: How is it that there is never Gun carriers...........
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 04:11:58 PM »
I saw this over there and wanted to register just so I could answer the stoopid.  Underpants is WOEFULLY uninformed in this arena obviously.  There are thousands of stories out there where the gun owner was there to avert the crime not to mention the school in VA (I think) where the student ran to his truck to retrieve his firearm to stop a slaughter.  Of course these get covered up by 'real news'.  No slaughter, no news.  Too sad.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 04:17:48 PM »
I saw this over there and wanted to register just so I could answer the stoopid.  Underpants is WOEFULLY uninformed in this arena obviously.  There are thousands of stories out there where the gun owner was there to avert the crime not to mention the school in VA (I think) where the student ran to his truck to retrieve his firearm to stop a slaughter.  Of course these get covered up by 'real news'.  No slaughter, no news.  Too sad.

KC

Is that the Appalachian Law School story? You can still find it online, but it takes some digging.

One of the DUmmies mentioned the Lane Bryant store shooting and said "where are the CCW holders?" Sorry, but that was here in Hellannoys, and we;re the other state besides WI that does not allow CCW of any kind. Hopefully that will change though. The guy in my district running for Congress wants it here, but the Pisshole Journal Star criticized him for it. Typical libs.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline whiteguyPI

• That sounds like a "you" problem
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 04:18:57 PM »
From the shooting near Ft.Hood back in the early 90's which was IN a restaurant (no restrictions as far as I know)
Then it appears the OP doesn't know very much.  At time George Hennard went on his shooting rampage, no citizen could legally carry a concealed firearm.  One of the survivors, a chiropractor whose parents were killed by Hennard later ran for the Texas Legislature and helped write the law which is in effect today.  Said chiropractor had a gun in her car, but chose not to bring it in with her so as not to violate the law.
Haji don't surf!
Jive turkey!

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 04:24:05 PM »

KC

Is that the Appalachian Law School story? You can still find it online, but it takes some digging.

One of the DUmmies mentioned the Lane Bryant store shooting and said "where are the CCW holders?" Sorry, but that was here in Hellannoys, and we;re the other state besides WI that does not allow CCW of any kind. Hopefully that will change though. The guy in my district running for Congress wants it here, but the Pisshole Journal Star criticized him for it. Typical libs.

Yup, that is the story.  Seems to be forgotten at the DUmp.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 04:24:45 PM »
From the shooting near Ft.Hood back in the early 90's which was IN a restaurant (no restrictions as far as I know)
Then it appears the OP doesn't know very much.  At time George Hennard went on his shooting rampage, no citizen could legally carry a concealed firearm.  One of the survivors, a chiropractor whose parents were killed by Hennard later ran for the Texas Legislature and helped write the law which is in effect today.  Said chiropractor had a gun in her car, but chose not to bring it in with her so as not to violate the law.

Suzanna Gratia Hupp is my hero!

KC

*Stolen

Offline jukin

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 04:27:14 PM »
My guess would be that the communists and fascists do their best to keep guns out of law abiding citizens.

Just a thought.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2008, 04:33:17 PM »
Then it appears the OP doesn't know very much.  At time George Hennard went on his shooting rampage, no citizen could legally carry a concealed firearm.  One of the survivors, a chiropractor whose parents were killed by Hennard later ran for the Texas Legislature and helped write the law which is in effect today.  Said chiropractor had a gun in her car, but chose not to bring it in with her so as not to violate the law.

Suzanna Gratia Hupp is my hero!

KC

Hear, hear!
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther