Author Topic: One year after Biden touted saving Americans 16 cents, July 4th cookouts cost $1  (Read 542 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
One year after Biden touted saving Americans 16 cents, July 4th cookouts cost $10 more
https://justthenews.com/government/white-house/one-year-after-biden-touted-saving-americans-16-cents-july-4th-cookouts-cost

After the Biden White House touted last year that Americans would save $0.16 on their 4th of July cookout, U.S. consumers can expect to pay $10 more in 2022.

A summer cookout for ten people costs nearly $70 on average, or slightly less than $7 per person, the American Farm Bureau Federation observed on Monday.

The Biden administration earned ridicule last year after boasting about saving Americans $0.16 on their July 4th cookouts while prices rose across the country. Costs have only continued to increase since then.

An average cookout will now cost 17% more than last year. The most recent consumer price index shows that prices rose 8.6% in May from 12 months ago.

Americans had an expensive Memorial Day weekend as well with record gas prices and high food prices.

July 4th is going to be more expensive thanks to inflation.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
One year after Biden touted saving Americans 16 cents, July 4th cookouts cost $10 more
https://justthenews.com/government/white-house/one-year-after-biden-touted-saving-americans-16-cents-july-4th-cookouts-cost

Well, speaking of costs, can't wait 'til Nov. 8th for Biden's team to see what the insane/evil steps they have taken to destroy our economy, will be costing THEM!!!
Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a

More "Putin's price hike" blather forthcoming.  It is their go-to answer to everything. Or the Ultra-Super-MAGA people.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Well, speaking of costs, can't wait 'til Nov. 8th for Biden's team to see what the insane/evil steps they have taken to destroy our economy, will be costing THEM!!!

Well, it won't cost SharterJoe anything as he'll still be in office. He'll still be taking his interminable vacations (he called the WH his "gilded cage") and he'll still be knocking off for the day at 11 AM. He'll still be the laughingstock of the world, a continual Gaffemeister, and he'll still be an utter, complete failure.

Other than that, you've got 14 so-called "Republican" senators who think that playing nice with the Democrats on gun control is somehow a good practice -- and never mind what happened to Romney, McCain, Jeb, and GWB. Speaking of Romney, he's the only one of those 14 who is up for reelection in 2024 -- the rest are either retiring or not up until 2026.

We know who those turncoats are -- the usual cretins. Murkowski, Collins, Romney, Cornyn (though that is surprising), the Murder Turtle, Blunt, one of the clowns from NC, Graham, and a few others.

In short, never underestimate the Republicans (especially the elite class) from snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. It seems they've built careers on that.  :whatever:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
<snip>
In short, never underestimate the Republicans (especially the elite class) from snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. It seems they've built careers on that.  :whatever:

Good morning Mr. E ! :)

Regardless of the truth written in your above post ...

I am still, very much looking forward to a RED WAVE this November & one of these for the Dems  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQeC_6bOFqs

Sorry, you knew I just had to do it to listen to the drums!   :-)

« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 10:07:27 AM by ABC-2 »
Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Good morning Mr. E ! :)

Regardless of the truth written in your above post ...

I am still, very much looking forward to a RED WAVE this November & one of these for the Dems  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQeC_6bOFqs

Sorry, you knew I just had to do it to listen to the drums!   :-)

I admire your optimism ABC-2. Apart from the recent SCOTUS rulings (3 for 3, Baby!!), I find there is little to crow about. OTOH, there is the J6 Corral of Cretins who not only can't find their butt with either hand, but find it convenient to continually lie about what they don't have -- concrete evidence of an "insurrection." They're just as hapless as SharterJoe.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.