Author Topic: Even healthcare workers can't resist partying...  (Read 746 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Even healthcare workers can't resist partying...
« on: July 29, 2020, 07:55:51 AM »
https://democraticunderground.com/100213822508

Buckeye_Democrat (7,055 posts)

Even healthcare workers can't resist partying...

... and thereby getting infected en masse!

Title: After a party, 18 anesthesiologists at UF hospital system diagnosed with COVID

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article244514157.html

At least 17 anesthesiologist residents and a fellow at one of the premier university hospital systems in Florida contracted COVID-19 earlier this month after attending a private party together, according to hospital insiders and internal documents.

The outbreak at University of Florida Health occurred after a party at a private home, according to people familiar with the situation. They spoke on condition of anonymity because they said UF Health prohibits employees from speaking to reporters without authorization.

After the party, on July 10, chairman of anesthesiology at the University of Florida College of Medicine, Timothy E. Morey, emailed staff to report that the hospital system’s anesthesiology department had 18 positive cases of the coronavirus who were recovering at home.

The cases included 14 junior residents, two senior residents, a fellow and an administrative employee, the email said, noting that it was providing the “latest data from yesterday.” It said the anesthesiology department “wishes them well and a speedy return to good health.” It was unclear whether or when the employees were returning to work with patients.

PoindexterOglethorpe (14,563 posts)

1. Sigh.

If people like that can't be bothered to take appropriate precautions, there's simply no hope for the entire planet.

Right now the death toll from this is relatively trivial. Even the percentage of the population that seems to have been infected isn't all that great. Maybe, especially if doctors like that can be so irresponsible, this will eventually infect all of us. If the overall death toll remains as small as it has been so far, the world population as such won't take a hit. But if significant numbers of people have life-long ill health because of this, that's the game changer. Half of the population cannot be caring for the other half. It's simply not a viable thing.

1.  Someone is paying attention and speaking the truth.  The death toll of this thing is not near what we were lead to believe at the beginning and it makes me wonder WHY we're still acting like this thing is a death sentence and keeping everything locked up.  Well, I know why, but I mean WHY are we ALLOWING it?!

2.  I bolded the last sentence because the DUmmie hit on another truth, but doesn't realize what it said.  These are the people wanting to spend trillions of dollars of other people's money!  They are expecting far less than half to take care of the rest and it simply doesn't work.  It is not sustainable.

Ferrets are Cool (8,650 posts)

2. Not the entire planet

Just the U.S., it seems

Yeah, gotta take a dig at your own country, don't you.  You people just can't help yourselves.

PoindexterOglethorpe (14,563 posts)

12. Actually, if you look at deaths per million

there are 10 countries with worse numbers.

Yeah, we have the most deaths at this point, but we're also the third most populous country in the world. Give India just a little more time. It's going to be a bloodbath there. And I'm willing to guess that their deaths are under reported by a significant factor. It's possible their total case numbers are accurate, given how relatively little testing they're doing.

A lot of African countries will never be reporting accurate numbers. Some years from now the best we'll ever be able to do will be to see if we can find out the excess deaths over the same period a year before. Or two or three years before if this lasts that long. Which it may well do.

I have found this https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries to be very useful. Especially because you can sort each of the columns so as to quickly find whatever you want to find.

What?!  More truth??  Better watch out, the ban hammer will come down on thee.  I'll bet there are 'Alert' buttons being hit by the dozens.

This thread is new.  I wonder if it will grow?

KC

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

Re: Even healthcare workers can't resist partying...
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 08:57:01 AM »
Doesn't ... Fit ... Narrative .... Must sterilize ... Must Sterilize ... Must STE-RI-LIZE ...

More seriously:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/carlieporterfield/2020/07/25/france-spain-germany-suddenly-facing-new-coronavirus-surge/#267afac95bad

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/coronavirus/iran-belatedly-concedes-coronavirus-crisis-estimates-25-million-country

Worldometer's numbers probably won't reflect what Iran's leader just said, because he gave an estimate, not "confirmed cases". Even some/most DU-folk should understand and realize that many/most Central and South American countries' and many/most African countries health care systems are so overwhelmed that accurate numbers will never be known.  If things aren't out of control in Russia, their nationalistic pride still will preclude giving out accurate numbers. As for China, they were lying from before news about Wuhan was leaked to the west, so ...

I'm not in any way rejoicing about Central and South America or Africa or Russia or China or Iran or ... . IRL, all the way back in late January I anticipated that the Dems would "Katrina-ize" Covid-19. I wanted to be wrong, but I knew that with shampeachment heading for failure, the Dems would move on to The Next Big Gotcha, and Covid-19 was readily at hand. A week or two later was when I started searching, collecting, and compiling the US timeline linked in my signature. The Word-compatible file is onto its 20th page in 12-point Arial. The China timeline was started a couple of months later, when I started seeing reports of China's and WHO's deadly lies.

Some time in September or October, one or more of the three vaccine candidates will be close to being approved for use. Dems will be faced by a choice. They can watch a cornerstone narrative - "Trump did nothing" - shattered when it's too late to move on to The Next Big Gotcha. Or they can lie about the vaccines, calling them untested political stunts. I think they'll lie about the vaccines. As can be seen in my timeline and the links, these vaccines are being fully tested, and of the three currently in the final testing phase, all three involve non-US companies as developers and/or manufacturers. One of those three developers, Moderna, started working with the US government in January.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 11:06:23 AM »
Doesn't ... Fit ... Narrative .... Must sterilize ... Must Sterilize ... Must STE-RI-LIZE ...

Some time in September or October, one or more of the three vaccine candidates will be close to being approved for use. Dems will be faced by a choice. They can watch a cornerstone narrative - "Trump did nothing" - shattered when it's too late to move on to The Next Big Gotcha. Or they can lie about the vaccines, calling them untested political stunts. I think they'll lie about the vaccines. As can be seen in my timeline and the links, these vaccines are being fully tested, and of the three currently in the final testing phase, all three involve non-US companies as developers and/or manufacturers. One of those three developers, Moderna, started working with the US government in January.

First  :lmao: at your top statement.

Second, I totally agree with you.  I think the Dems are going to throw a bloody fit when (not if) a vaccine comes out before the election and too close to voting day to do anything about it.  The one thing I see them trying to throw up against the wall is the fact the UK will probably be the first to approve and manufacture and from what I've heard they've already bought up the first 100MM doses.  I think the left will try to smear Trump for having made the 'wrong' pick and we couldn't get the vaccine to enough people fast enough.  Just my humble opinion.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 02:26:32 PM »

Second, I totally agree with you.  I think the Dems are going to throw a bloody fit when (not if) a vaccine comes out before the election and too close to voting day to do anything about it.  The one thing I see them trying to throw up against the wall is the fact the UK will probably be the first to approve and manufacture and from what I've heard they've already bought up the first 100MM doses.  I think the left will try to smear Trump for having made the 'wrong' pick and we couldn't get the vaccine to enough people fast enough.  Just my humble opinion.

KC

Well, I hope the Dems are that ignorant/stupid. The vaccine to which you refer was developed by Oxford University, and will be produced by AstraZeneca. AstraZeneca is one of the partners in Trump's Operation War Speed, and:

May 21, 2020 - U.S. secures 300 million doses, almost a third, of potential AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine; https://business.financialpost.com/technology/u-s-secures-300-million-doses-of-potential-astrazeneca-covid-19-vaccine-3

Trump has negotiated similar contracts - contingent on successful testing, of course - with several vaccine producers.

The three vaccines in Phase III, the test phase imediately before approval are:

AstraZeneca: Oxford University (i.e. UK) deveoped; AZ is UK/Swedish

Pfizer/BioNTech: BioNTech is a German company

Modern: Moderna is a US company, but some of its production will be at Laboratorios Farmacéuticos Rovi, a Spanish company

In addition Novavax, a US company, will be starting Phase III soon, and their manufacturing will be handled by FUJIFILM. IOW, just about any vaccine the Dems try to slander will blow up in their faces internationally, as well as all these companies being able to show they've done appropriate testing.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2020, 02:37:53 PM »
Well, I hope the Dems are that ignorant/stupid. The vaccine to which you refer was developed by Oxford University, and will be produced by AstraZeneca. AstraZeneca is one of the partners in Trump's Operation War Speed, and:

May 21, 2020 - U.S. secures 300 million doses, almost a third, of potential AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine; https://business.financialpost.com/technology/u-s-secures-300-million-doses-of-potential-astrazeneca-covid-19-vaccine-3

Trump has negotiated similar contracts - contingent on successful testing, of course - with several vaccine producers.

Modern: Moderna is a US company, but some of its production will be at Laboratorios Farmacéuticos Rovi, a Spanish company

In addition Novavax, a US company, will be starting Phase III soon, and their manufacturing will be handled by FUJIFILM. IOW, just about any vaccine the Dems try to slander will blow up in their faces internationally, as well as all these companies being able to show they've done appropriate testing.

That's all good news!  The problem may be with the MSM getting that information out.  The place I heard the information I posted was on Houston local news ... last night!  They reported the UK had bought up the 1st 100MM doses.  The proof will have to be in the (eating) of the pudding.

KC

*Stolen

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2020, 05:05:00 PM »

Giliad was supposed to be developing something too
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2020, 05:27:44 PM »
Giliad was supposed to be developing something too

Remdesivir, an antiviral drug rather than a vaccine. The timelines linked in my signature are very out of date. I've been maintaining the timelines on another discussion site, but I won't link to that site here without Mods' permission.