Author Topic: Many on DU hoping for economic collapse  (Read 1254 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Many on DU hoping for economic collapse
« on: March 17, 2008, 03:37:29 PM »

bbinacan (1000+ posts)      Sun Mar-16-08 09:30 PM
Original message
Many on DU hoping for economic collapse
 Advertisements [?]I'm sick and ****ing tired of many here that seem to want an economic collapse. Why the loathsome attitude toward the Federal Reserve Bank. Do you even know why it was created? It was created, in part, to provide liquidity to banks to avoid runs on the banks. An Adam Smith attitude would say, you guys fouled up, and you may go out of business. My common sense tells me that there must be equilibrium in the liquidity of the banking system to maintain confidence with the depositor.

NO FED = BANK RUNS.

Get a clue folks.

thunder rising  (1000+ posts)       Sun Mar-16-08 09:32 PM
Response to Original message
1. THIS SYSTEM MUST COLLAPSE. IT'S AN INSTITUTION OF CRONIES
And the madness begins, too much to bring over but worth a look.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3019420#3019435

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: Many on DU hoping for economic collapse
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 03:38:55 PM »
They don't get it and never will.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 03:49:12 PM »
When you think you have seen all the stoopid they could produce .... someone finds a post like this.   :whatever:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 04:09:36 PM »
Well they definately don't understand the Federal Reserve Bank and its role.  Of course, I lerked over at some of the comments by the faux-conservatives, left leaning moderates, and liberals at CU today (IOW the majority of the posters) and they don't understand it any better than the DUmmies.

It's 1973 all over again.  We're way overdue for a recession and on top of that we're going to have sharp inflation over the next few years.  IOW normal economic cycles just like we've had for decades, just like you'd find if you were to google inflationary index charts of the past 100 years and read the numbers.

Of course, that would require not blaming Bush for everything, so forget them ever seeing it.  Doesn't matter, liberals will always be just along for the ride and nothing more.  Complaining all the while, but nevertheless just along for the ride.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 06:45:42 PM »
What the DUmbasses don't realizze is that they will be hit the hardest. Don't think those foodbanks fill themselves do you?
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 06:59:40 PM »
And if the economy collapses, who provides them with welfare checks and dope?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 07:13:17 PM »
And if the economy collapses, who provides them with welfare checks and dope?

You know that they never think things through to that point.
It is the same mindset that believes businesses exist without capital investment,can have all profits taxed away while providing high paying jobs with lots of benefits.

Need to make sure contradictory thoughts never touch in what passes for their minds you know.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2008, 07:15:42 PM »
Well they definately don't understand the Federal Reserve Bank and its role.  Of course, I lerked over at some of the comments by the faux-conservatives, left leaning moderates, and liberals at CU today (IOW the majority of the posters) and they don't understand it any better than the DUmmies.

It's 1973 all over again.  We're way overdue for a recession and on top of that we're going to have sharp inflation over the next few years.  IOW normal economic cycles just like we've had for decades, just like you'd find if you were to google inflationary index charts of the past 100 years and read the numbers.

Of course, that would require not blaming Bush for everything, so forget them ever seeing it.  Doesn't matter, liberals will always be just along for the ride and nothing more.  Complaining all the while, but nevertheless just along for the ride.

On that note, what would you recommend to us normal folks who aren't DUmmies or faux-conservatives? I'm watching, waiting and hoping that things don't crash too hard. I can't rely on the media to get the story right and I know we're due for a correction. How bad is it going to get and what kinds of things should an Everyday Joe do right now?
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle