Author Topic: I purchased some Girl Scouts Cookies{Gee I wonder where this is going?}  (Read 2400 times)

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
 :whatever:
question everything  (1000+ posts)       Mon Mar-17-08 01:26 AM
Original message
I purchased some Girl Scouts Cookies
 they had a table at Walgreen's. And I wondered whether the Girl Scouts also went all homophobic, or, when it comes to gay women, the fire and damnation crowd does not care.

The girl scouts are not homophobic and to tell you the truth I am a cub scout leader and  have never been told by anyone at council that a gay person can't participate? The issue never comes up at any meetings,the boys never ask about it and the parents never discuss it. Its all about teaching the boys to be good citizens and good stewards of nature and their country. Why they continue on this meme is beyond me.....wait! no its not their liberals :whatever:http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3020976
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
Thepricebreaker  (638 posts)      Mon Mar-17-08 06:18 AM
Response to Original message
24. WTF? How does girl scout cookies and homophobic enter your mind at the same time? holy shit.... n/t

Good question! He gets attacked by the way,by none other than the head of the DU homo police
BuffyTheFundieSlayer  (1000+ posts)       Mon Mar-17-08 06:31 AM
Response to Reply #24
26. Um
 The Boy Scouts are notoriously homophobic--as well as anti-atheist. It's not stretch to wonder if the Girl Scouts might be too (though thankfully they aren't).

Offline LadyLiberty

The real question should be is why would "question everything" buy something from a group that they fear rejects him/her?

I thought DUmmies automatically boycotted things like that.
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline jtyangel

Ever vigilant liberals to the plight of the homosexual. Geez. :thatsright: :whatever:

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Is this a good time to joke about eating a Brownie?

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
Is this a good time to joke about eating a Brownie?

Jesus! wheres Chris Hanson when u need em!  :-)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
As a former Girl Scout, it's a real shame to see what's happened to the organization since my troop broke up.  They openly support Planned Parenthood, and are pretty much hand-in-hand with radical feminist organizations.   

I'm rather surprised that DUmmy is clueless that the GSA is basically another front for liberal causes.  :whatever:

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline LadyLiberty

As a former Girl Scout, it's a real shame to see what's happened to the organization since my troop broke up.  They openly support Planned Parenthood, and are pretty much hand-in-hand with radical feminist organizations.   

I'm rather surprised that DUmmy is clueless that the GSA is basically another front for liberal causes.  :whatever:

WOW, I didn't know about this. That is quite a shock. I too am a former Brownie/Girl Scout  :(
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline jukin

Serious question, do the girl scouts allow male troop leaders?
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Chris_

WOW, I didn't know about this. That is quite a shock. I too am a former Brownie/Girl Scout  :(

Now that I look back, I can see the beginnings of it occurring at the time.   If my troop had existed in today's world, we would have been in so much trouble with the Council.    :lmao:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

Re: I purchased some Girl Scouts Cookies{Gee I wonder where this is going?}
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2008, 12:00:35 PM »
Response to Reply #24
26. Um
 The Boy Scouts are notoriously homophobic--as well as anti-atheist. It's not stretch to wonder if the Girl Scouts might be too (though thankfully they aren't).

Clueless as usual, Buff. I was den mother for both my boys. My husband was pack leader for years. Packs are very local and reflect the community they serve. Not once did sexual orientation come up. 10 year old boys just don't care. Little boys are the silliest, freest, most joyful creatures on the face of this earth. Pinewood Derbies, relay races, and rubber band guns are more important..and they SHOULD be. They're learning to be men. There's NO FRICKEN reason to introduce adult issues into they're lives. Whether or not they're gay is for them and their family to deal with, many years later.

Oh, and as for religion...I never told my boys what they or their families should believe. I didn't care if they worshiped wood elves. Dens are so small, I knew the families pretty well and even the ones who weren't particularly religious cared about their son's values. When I purchased "God and Country" materials at the Scout shop the amount of religions represented was mind boggling. While I understand this isn't exactly an embrace of atheism (it's kind of hard to have a "Nothing and Country" class), it does show a reverence for religious diversity.

Cindie

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2008, 12:10:50 PM »
Homophobia is very important to the primitive.  Just not as important as the delicious taste of Girl Scout Cookies after sitting around the bong all day.  Everyone thinks the primitive is liberal first and foremost.  But that would be wrong, they are potheads first, liberals second.
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline lizard

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2008, 03:03:45 PM »
Response to Reply #24
26. Um

Clueless as usual, Buff. I was den mother for both my boys. My husband was pack leader for years. Packs are very local and reflect the community they serve. Not once did sexual orientation come up. 10 year old boys just don't care. Little boys are the silliest, freest, most joyful creatures on the face of this earth. Pinewood Derbies, relay races, and rubber band guns are more important..and they SHOULD be. They're learning to be men. There's NO FRICKEN reason to introduce adult issues into they're lives. Whether or not they're gay is for them and their family to deal with, many years later.

Oh, and as for religion...I never told my boys what they or their families should believe. I didn't care if they worshiped wood elves. Dens are so small, I knew the families pretty well and even the ones who weren't particularly religious cared about their son's values. When I purchased "God and Country" materials at the Scout shop the amount of religions represented was mind boggling. While I understand this isn't exactly an embrace of atheism (it's kind of hard to have a "Nothing and Country" class), it does show a reverence for religious diversity.

Cindie

I agree.  The Troops are a direct reflection of the community.  Here in our small Southern town, our local troops focus on the skills, community activities and how to be a good citizen.  My son was in the Boy Scouts and my daughter was in the Brownies/Girl Scouts.  Both troops were based out of the local Baptist Church but, were open to all the kids who wished to join.  My kids are 26 and 21 so I do not know what the troops are doing now and if
they have changed their focus. 

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2008, 03:43:06 PM »
Bet the DUmmie scarfed the cookies down. Idjits.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2008, 04:31:15 PM »
Response to Reply #24
26. Um

Ahh, how well I remember earning my merit badges in Gay Bashing and Atheist Burning. Sweet flower of youth. *sigh*

I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2008, 07:50:13 PM »
The real question should be is why would "question everything" buy something from a group that they fear rejects him/her?

Thin Mints and S'Mores are obviously stronger than any mere ideology!

Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2008, 07:53:36 PM »

Thin Mints and S'Mores are obviously stronger than any mere ideology!

I have to agree with that.  LOL  As a former GS, I know how people say they will stay away from the cookies, but when they see a box, they buy it immediately.   :rotf: