Author Topic: Why I don't care about Obama's preacher.  (Read 1467 times)

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Why I don't care about Obama's preacher.
« on: March 17, 2008, 03:23:42 PM »
Quote from:
CitizenRob

Anybody who believes in god is completely 100% insane to me. Just because one is making insane statements that offend other insane people doesn't make their insanity any worse than the self deception necessary to believe in the first place.

In American politics I have to accept that politicians have to wear their church affiliations like a badge. I have to accept that separation of church and state is not a constitutional value most Americans are adherents for.

So in the end, I don't care what Obama's preacher said to him. His preacher is insane, that preacher's true believers are insane, and so are all the other preachers and true believers. Why anybody would be surprised that somebody capable of such self deception would say something so offensive to reality is beyond me.

The reality is that Obama is probably a secular atheist, like most people in power. The reason he didn't know the radical filth coming from this preacher's mouth is because he didn't actually pay any attention to what the preacher was saying. That is comforting to me. He wields religion like every other politician, as a tool to rake in the irrational and the stupid.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x5124032

The beauty of libs is how dumb they are.  Follow the illogic.

1) So then it follows that Hussein Osama, who claims to be a Christian, is insane.  Make sure that's part of the Dem platform in 2008, will ya?

2) If Osama is truly a "secular atheist," then he's nothing more than a liar about who he really is.  So much for the upstanding image he wishes to portray.

3)  If he didn't pay attention to the radical filth his preacher was saying, how can we expect him to pay attention as president?  We can't.

So Hussein Osama is either insane, a liar, or so unconcerned he wasn't paying attention and was just there for show.

WTG CitizenRob!!

« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 03:51:40 PM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: Why I don't care about Obama's preacher.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 03:40:32 PM »
Wow. I hope citizenrob knows a good chiropractor because he's twisted himself into a fine knot there.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 04:27:21 PM »
Wouldn't an insincere person manipulating religious rhetoric for secular power be the LAST person you should vote for?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 04:41:12 PM »
Gee it seems that the op is saying it is fine for Sen.Obama to be lying about his religious beliefs.

I thought they were soooooooo driven to hysterics about lies over on the island.
They seem to say the word a lot anyways.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 05:30:37 PM »
Gee it seems that the op is saying it is fine for Sen.Obama to be lying about his religious beliefs.

I thought they were soooooooo driven to hysterics about lies over on the island.
They seem to say the word a lot anyways.

It's all about the letter that comes after the name . . . and it's only about that letter.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 05:34:13 PM »
CitizenRob  (544 posts)
Mon Mar-17-08 03:31 PM
Response to Reply #1
2. Yeah a lot of our atheist founding fathers said that in public too.

Yet you look at their private papers and it becomes clear they were as much atheists as was possible at the time.

You're full of shit, moron. There "may" have been a few who were deists, but none were atheists. Any idiot who can read has enough sense to prove your dumbass wrong....unless they too have an agenda. Read the ****ing founding documents.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline jukin

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 06:33:52 PM »
Wow. I hope citizenrob knows a good chiropractor because he's twisted himself into a fine knot there.

Only if you are not aDUmbass.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.