Author Topic: Suspected Antifa activist busted with pipe bomb, ‘direct action’ plan near...  (Read 1017 times)

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
Suspected Antifa activist busted with pipe bomb, ‘direct action’ plan near Jan. 6 rally, cops say

https://nypost.com/2022/01/10/suspected-antifa-activist-busted-with-pipe-bomb-near-florida-jan-6-rally/

A Florida man suspected of being affiliated with Antifa was busted near a Jan. 6 anniversary rally in Florida carrying a homemade pipe bomb and a detailed plan of “direct action,” authorities said.

Garrett James Smith was arrested Thursday — his 22nd birthday — as a local congressman joined more than 80 others at a rally supporting a member of the Oath Keepers being held on Capitol riot charges.

snip

Alongside the bomb, officers found a handwritten “direct action checklist” detailing the armor he needed, such as a gas mask, duct tape and flammable rags, the sheriff said.

Smith also had a black helmet decorated with three red arrows in a circle, the sheriff said of the “Iron Front” logo widely used by Antifa. The suspect had until several months ago been based in Portland, the troubled Oregon city that saw nightly riots by the left-wing militant group.

A search of Smith’s nearby home — where he lives with his parents — found another pipe bomb, along with hand grenade-style explosives, nails and duct tape, Gualtieri said.

But officers — aided by the FBI — could not find any social media history for the 22-year-old suspect, who also had no criminal record.

Early reports, including the initial police briefing, refused to mention any possible Antifa connection.  Surprised to see the NYP go with it. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline DLR Pyro

Alongside the bomb, officers found a handwritten “direct action checklist” detailing the armor he needed, such as a gas mask, duct tape and flammable rags, the sheriff said.

I'm always amazed when these morons are caught with a "to-do" list of things they need to buy or do before they commit a crime that tend to incriminate them. 

Looking at his list in the article referenced, is this guy so stupid that he had to write down "black shirt, black pants, black shoes,  black gloves..."?  I mean, was he afraid that he would  accidentally show up in a day glo orange construction T-shirt and matching tutu with ballet slippers if he didn't write down on paper what he planned to wear that day?

looking at the picture of his "explosives", to me they look like they are fireworks rather than hardcore devices designed to massive destruction.

The giveaway is the green fuses which are common slow burning fuses used in fireworks.  The brown cylindrical tube at the far left of the picture looks to be an insert from an aerial firework shell that is used to give off secondary effects in the sky after the main shell has gone off.  We used to find several of these on the ground near our launch facility at Disneyland after each night's show that failed to ignite.  We would just pick them up and store in a hazmat locker for disposal by incineration at a later time.  Nothing too dangerous other than it might give someone a minor burn if they are holding it when it goes off. 

His "hand grenade style explosives"  look like thin plastic grenade replicas that he stuffed his fireworks into.  If I'm not mistaken, a most damage from a grenade is caused by the outer casing fragmenting and spraying shrapnel into people nearby.  These would merely melt and make a smokey fire.  I do see a box of nails which might do some damage but with what look more like M-80's or cherry bombs, I don't thing there would be much of a shrapnel threat from his assortment of explosives.

It looks like this guy is similar to the morons who gathered at the Capitol on 1/6/20.  They thought they were there to save the Country, when all they did was act foolishly and get themselves into trouble. 

I think this antifa moron thought he was a bad ass explosives expert but he showed up better equipped to entertain the crowd with a fireworks show rather than extract maximum carnage.

Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?

I think this antifa moron thought he was a bad ass explosives expert but he showed up better equipped to entertain the crowd with a fireworks show rather than extract maximum carnage.

Noticed that, especially the "grenades"  My main interest in looking for information about the incident was hearing about it on the way to work today and the lack of antifa reference from the initial reports and investigators, even the sheriff seeming to go out of his way to avoid calling the markings on the helmet "that were seen in protests in Oregon" antifa related. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.